Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Macrae won that game for them, just about singlehandedly.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:39 pm

Doesn't even figure in the highlights. It looked like there were multiple contributors to the hiding they gave GWS.... not that I watched the whole game. To say one bloke just about won it 'singlehandedly' is laughable.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/918671/match-highlights-giants-v-bulldogs

I think you may need to find another game to bag out Treloar, he was pretty good in this one, hence the votes.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:19 pm

Quote:
Jack Macrae starred for the Dogs with 40 possessions and a goal, with Marcus Bontempelli (26 disposals and a goal), Adam Treloar (35 and a goal) and Josh Dunkley (29) all important.

BEST
Greater Western Sydney: Greene, Ash, Taranto, Hopper, Cumming, Taylor
Western Bulldogs: Macrae, Bontempelli, Liberatore, Treloar, Dunkley, Dale

https://www.afl.com.au/matches/3016#match-report
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:42 pm

i don't get where the argument lies. Bevridge has selected Treloar in the Top 22 of a Grand Finalist team. He publicly defended Adz against all those in the media who wished to bury him on the back of a poor performance in a prelim.
The gavel has fallen. Adam Treloar is a very good player. Like any player, to get the most from his potential, you actually have to play him in a role that suits his best characteristics. If you have a) the intelligence, b) the list to do so, then he is a great addition to any list. This is the only rational conclusion that can be drawn from the empirical evidence adduced above.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:12 pm

No Treloar. No Melbourne.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:32 pm

I give him credit tonight. He was really good. But maybe he will just go down in AFL history as an almost guy. I don’t mean that pejoratively.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:35 pm

Funnily enough like bux
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:13 am

He's only played in two losing GFs; when it tallies 4 like our blokes under Hafey, or the Geelong Bridesmaids from 1989-1995, let me know...
K 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:25 am

A good GF from Treloar.

It was The Bont and Treloar (and Melbourne's bad goal kicking) that got WB in front in Q2/Q3.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:48 am

The move to put him in the centre square with 8 minutes and 40 seconds to play in the third quarter to give Bontempelli a breather after Melbourne's 6th goal was a masterstroke. From that moment, you knew Melbourne could not lose. Never have so many goals been kicked from direct centre breaks by so many against so little physical opposition. Melbourne went at better than a goal every 2 minutes of elapsed playing time for the remainder of the game. The magnificent drop of the head with 8 minutes and 23 seconds to play (no seriously, how do you lose two centre clearances in 17 seconds in a Grand Final?) in the third summed up his style - "When the going gets tough, the tough get going. When the tough get going, you really, really, really, need someone else."

"Why the sudden turnaround? Is there a reason for it?", asks BT. Here's a hint BT - during the last 9 minutes of the third quarter, Treloar was in the middle for a total of 1 minute and 25 seconds of elapsed time, during which Melbourne scored 5 goals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsOmizjm0Xw
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:24 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
The move to put him in the centre square with 8 minutes and 40 seconds to play in the third quarter to give Bontempelli a breather after Melbourne's 6th goal was a masterstroke. From that moment, you knew Melbourne could not lose. Never have so many goals been kicked from direct centre breaks by so many against so little physical opposition. Melbourne went at better than a goal every 2 minutes of elapsed playing time for the remainder of the game. The magnificent drop of the head with 8 minutes and 23 seconds to play (no seriously, how do you lose two centre clearances in 17 seconds in a Grand Final?) in the third summed up his style - "When the going gets tough, the tough get going. When the tough get going, you really, really, really, need someone else."

"Why the sudden turnaround? Is there a reason for it?", asks BT. Here's a hint BT - during the last 9 minutes of the third quarter, Treloar was in the middle for a total of 1 minute and 25 seconds of elapsed time, during which Melbourne scored 5 goals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsOmizjm0Xw

It was breathtaking to behold, I had to watch the replay to confirm my first impression....why would Bevo put him into the square? So many better options to at least neutralise the contest...I think Bevo got a bit caught up in the lovefest last fortnight
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:30 pm

I think Bontempelli was out of petrol and just had to have a rest. All they needed was for their second-stringers to hold on for 5 minutes while he had a breather. They just couldn't do it. The problem was he then had to come straight back on, without a proper rest and was blown up again with about a minute to go. They then made the call to bench him and let him have a proper rest through the 3/4 time break. Bevo probably though to himself "How much damage can Treloar do in the midfield in 60 seconds, anyway?" A fair bit, as it turns out.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:37 pm

on big footy they think Bonts knee wasnt right
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:20 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Treloar will cost them the flag next week. Watch. He's never going to get a hard ball - it wasn't necessary tonight.

We know you wont let a Treloar mistake go by without letting us all know.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
K 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:43 pm

K wrote:
A good GF from Treloar.

It was The Bont and Treloar (and Melbourne's bad goal kicking) that got WB in front in Q2/Q3.

The Age's journos rated The Bont as best for the Dogs, and Treloar equal 2nd-best with Daniel.

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
It was breathtaking to behold, I had to watch the replay to confirm my first impression....why would Bevo put him into the square? So many better options to at least neutralise the contest...I think Bevo got a bit caught up in the lovefest last fortnight

In hindsight, it was only The Bont's and Treloar's play in Q2 that made the Dogs competitive. Otherwise, Melbourne would have sealed it much earlier.

But that's only hindsight. It was a good game to watch. Melbourne looked in trouble 19 points down in Q3. And it was still uncertain at 3QT. For most GFs that's the best you can expect. Close GFs are often between two mediocre sides, e.g. the two Sydney-WC GFs. Great in terms of contest. But that's 'cos they were evenly matched mediocre teams!! Neither could score easily. No firepower. No quality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23   

Jump to: