Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed the "cost us premierships" bit. Shocked Question Shocked

Which premierships did he supposedly cost us? The attacks are becoming unhinged...
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:42 pm

K wrote:

Which premierships did he supposedly cost us? The attacks are becoming unhinged...

Did you have your hands covering your eyes for the last five minutes of the 2018GF?

It's okay if you did; no judgement lol! Surprised

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:06 pm

think positive wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
think positive wrote:
Lazza wrote:
piffdog wrote:
Treloar having a pretty significant impact. I wish him all the best.

Dear me 🙄 So hard not to cheer on one of my favourite magpie players Treloar to win a grand final. I still fume that it will be with another team. Geez, I hate Collingwood sometimes 😡 unforgivable cock up, one of the worst in our history. I feel empty. Still. And will for a while….😢

I HATE THEWHOLE $�$%^%%$ WORLD RIGHT NOW!

You and me both. I can’t stand the Bulldogs. It looks like I’ll be going for the lesser of two evils for the GF.

Exactly right!

for me it is always about what is the least painful.

I don’t get this whole second club or soft spot, my blood is black and white. My pecking order is usually cats last, now its dogs, and if the GF was my worst nightmare, cats/dogs I’d be on the cats, really makes me laugh, I’m supposed to be happy for other people but who the **** is ever happy for a Collingwood supporter? They just love to bathe in our misery!

I really hope that the new board, new coaching panel bring with them a whole new attitude, back to side by side and us against them, because **** them, **** them all. Years of $�$%^%%$ ridicule I just have had to take is now stacked up in my menopausal mind, and I simply don’t have the energy anymore to just take it! And when we do win you can be damn sure we won’t get there on the back of a very lopsided umpire count! Because they $�$%^%%$ hate us too! I’m good with that. Nothing has been handed to me on a platter, I’m also good with that, and you know what? It makes winning all the more satisfying to me, and that’s all I care about!

I hear ya. I never had a soft spot for any other team. I’m black and white, as in I love us and hate the rest. No one would be going for us even against an interstate team, they’d rather see us lose so I say f@#k them all.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:59 pm

nailed it!
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:40 am

doriswilgus wrote:
Despite the constant attacks on him here,Adam’s actually played well in two of the three finals for the Bulldogs..I wish him well,and hope he achieves the ultimate in football,winning a grand final.It might shut up his critics once and for all,but I highly doubt that it will.

He could win the Norm Smith and the usual suspects would still say he was worst on ground...
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:42 pm

think positive wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
think positive wrote:
Lazza wrote:
piffdog wrote:
Treloar having a pretty significant impact. I wish him all the best.

Dear me 🙄 So hard not to cheer on one of my favourite magpie players Treloar to win a grand final. I still fume that it will be with another team. Geez, I hate Collingwood sometimes 😡 unforgivable cock up, one of the worst in our history. I feel empty. Still. And will for a while….😢

I HATE THEWHOLE $�$%^%%$ WORLD RIGHT NOW!

You and me both. I can’t stand the Bulldogs. It looks like I’ll be going for the lesser of two evils for the GF.

Exactly right!

for me it is always about what is the least painful.

I don’t get this whole second club or soft spot, my blood is black and white. My pecking order is usually cats last, now its dogs, and if the GF was my worst nightmare, cats/dogs I’d be on the cats, really makes me laugh, I’m supposed to be happy for other people but who the **** is ever happy for a Collingwood supporter? They just love to bathe in our misery!

I really hope that the new board, new coaching panel bring with them a whole new attitude, back to side by side and us against them, because **** them, **** them all. Years of $�$%^%%$ ridicule I just have had to take is now stacked up in my menopausal mind, and I simply don’t have the energy anymore to just take it! And when we do win you can be damn sure we won’t get there on the back of a very lopsided umpire count! Because they $�$%^%%$ hate us too! I’m good with that. Nothing has been handed to me on a platter, I’m also good with that, and you know what? It makes winning all the more satisfying to me, and that’s all I care about!

I can’t think of another post on Nick’s that I have totally agreed with word for word. Ever.

+100

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:11 pm

cheers mate, thanks xx
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:06 am

Funny. For me, it's about who my money is on Cool.

I've got a token $20 @ $23 on Treloar for the NS. He's shortened into $20.
$5 on Pickett @ $26

Dogs 1-39 - $50 @ $2.75.
Game total - over 175.5 - $25 @ $3.70.

Thrown in a mad double Gawn 30+ possessions/ Treloar 3 goals - $10 @ $201.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:36 pm

Skids wrote:
Funny. For me, it's about who my money is on Cool.

Will be hoping one or more of those scenarios pan out for you mate!

K 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:30 pm

piedys wrote:
K wrote:

Did you have your hands covering your eyes for the last five minutes of the 2018GF?

You reckon his kick to Googs and McGovern cost the premiership? Shocked Question

There were a dozen or more Collingwood mistakes that helped cost the GF... Including Googs not spoiling that kick from McGovern, the runner getting in the way earlier, Tay's dodgy kick to Stephenson with or without the runner, Grundy giving away yet another centre-square free kick to Lycett after an inspiring Googs goal in Q4 (which stopped our momentum), Langers not rushing the ball through for a behind in Q1, no one bothering to run past Cox in Q4 to get the handball receive and take a running shot at goal (when it was obvious he wouldn't make the distance), etc.

Even if you do blame him, that would still be only one premiership, not "premierships".
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:41 am

K wrote:
piedys wrote:
K wrote:

You reckon his kick to Googs and McGovern cost the premiership? Shocked Question

There were a dozen or more Collingwood mistakes that helped cost the GF... Including Googs not spoiling that kick from McGovern, the runner getting in the way earlier, Tay's dodgy kick to Stephenson with or without the runner, Grundy giving away yet another centre-square free kick to Lycett after an inspiring Googs goal in Q4 (which stopped our momentum), Langers not rushing the ball through for a behind in Q1, no one bothering to run past Cox in Q4 to get the handball receive and take a running shot at goal (when it was obvious he wouldn't make the distance), etc.

Even if you do blame him, that would still be only one premiership, not "premierships".

All those things are correct, and there were indeed many, many culprits in that Q4 series of clusterfucks which pissed that flag away, not only Treloar.
Didn't mean to imply that I blame him solely for that loss, which would be totally unfair. Fumblebottom's no-show didn't help either.
I blame the putrid cheating maggots the most though.

And was that not kicking-in-danger to Langdon in Q1, when he failed to get ball over the line prior to their first goal, which salvaged their belief?

E 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:42 am

Adam Treloar, with more competition for votes in his team than anyone at Collingwood, polled more votes than all but three of our players....... That5 is about right in terms of where he would be if he was at our club.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:58 am

And Treloar got his votes in only 13 H&A games.

The Pies' top 3 vote-getters played 22, 20 & 20.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:04 am

Treloar got votes in 4 games, all by round 6. Three of them were floggings. In one of the floggings (against GSW), the umpires - who have obviously never watched a game of AFL, gave him Macrae's three votes by mistake. It won't be the last time a player has a best on ground, 40 disposal, 25 kick, 8 mark, 6 tackle game and doesn't get a vote in a winning team - but it probably says more about the need for Macrae to change his hair colour than it does about the standard of Treloar's football.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:49 am

Interesting, the game you highlighted, you didn't notice Treloar; Had 12 contested possessions (3rd most), 10 score involvements (3rd most), 11 effective kicks (3rd most), 8 inside 50's (most) & 6 clearances (3rd most).

McRae, whilst he did have 5 more disposals, was the leading bulldog for ineffective disposals (6).

Maybe those umps may have seen a game or 2 Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 20 of 23   

Jump to: