Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan says “I will walk”

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will be Nathans fate this year...?!??
What are you talking about? Nathan is the messiah and will lead our club to its next flag!!
16%
 16%  [ 14 ]
Nathan comes to the realization that the club is bigger than him and that he needs to fall on his sword and resigns.
40%
 40%  [ 34 ]
Nathan finally gets the sack after another bad season.
42%
 42%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 83

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Voss is Buckley ver II

Except he isn't.

He has 7 years as an assistant and is now ready to become a senior coach. Like Brett Ratten.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:02 pm

^ You would hope that a lot of potential candidates are being sounded out Smile
I respect your views enormously MTTM. Do you have any misgivings with appointing a novice senior coach though?
Depends a lot on the character and personal qualities of the candidate I guess, as most candidates would have an extensive football knowledge. Communication and interpersonal skills would be pretty important.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:09 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
^ You would hope that a lot of potential candidates are being sounded out Smile
I respect your views enormously MTTM. Do you have any misgivings with appointing a novice senior coach though?
Depends a lot on the character and personal qualities of the candidate I guess, as most candidates would have an extensive football knowledge. Communication and interpersonal skills would be pretty important.

Ha, ha. I remember Voss in his first coaching tenure, and it was enough to put me off him forever. I respect your views very much as well, and I see that you have given several very good reasons why he should now be considered. In general though, I am not worried about selecting an untried Assistant coach. Brisbane chose Fagan and Fremantle chose Longmuir. PA chose Hinkley. Doubt that any would be regretting their decision. Naturally though, we would have to have an extremely knowledgeable and perceptive selection panel to oversee the process, and given so much that we have done incompetently in the recent past, one must also express concerns about our ability to even appoint a competent selection panel!! Crying or Very sad

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:29 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:

Ha, ha. I remember Voss in his first coaching tenure, and it was enough to put me off him forever. I respect your views very much as well, and I see that you have given several very good reasons why he should now be considered. In general though, I am not worried about selecting an untried Assistant coach. Brisbane chose Fagan and Fremantle chose Longmuir. PA chose Hinkley. Doubt that any would be regretting their decision. Naturally though, we would have to have an extremely knowledgeable and perceptive selection panel to oversee the process, and given so much that we have done incompetently in the recent past, one must also express concerns about our ability to even appoint a competent selection panel!! Crying or Very sad

Ah, you've introduced another concern - the viability of the selection panel!!! A lot goes into selecting a successful coach doesn't it!! Wink

I take your point with the first time coaches mentioned above. Dimma was another as well in recent times. It's just that the club will have to be so damned careful about getting it right.

I grant you that Voss seemed out of his depth at Brisbane, although he did have a cracking first season on the job. I'm assuming he learnt a lot from his mistakes, but but you'd only know whether this was the case by in depth interviewing. He may have gained some humility since then?
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:36 pm

I never thought I would get here, not really, but now I don’t want to win. I want them to put in shyte performances. I want Buckley to keep making mistakes. I want him gone. We have to burn it down to move forward. 3 more losses then surely!
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:44 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Voss is Buckley ver II

Except he isn't.

He has 7 years as an assistant and is now ready to become a senior coach. Like Brett Ratten.

Yeah sorry, wouldn't touch him with even your 100' pole....

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:59 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Justin Leppitsch gave Adam Kingsley a glowing report (published in SEN 2 days ago).Kingsley would have to know what he is doing, as he is the Tigers midfield and stoppages coach. Has alot of experience at other clubs as well (St Kilda and PA) before joining the Tigers. Sounds to me like we should sound this guy out, and pretty much immediately.

I've heard good things about Kingsley as well.

He's worth interviewing when the opportunity arises.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:46 pm

Interesting article by Michael Gleeson from the AGE stops short of addressing the whole problem but points at huge flaws in.. well... just read for yourself...

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/four-points-collingwood-at-a-crossroads-grundy-spooked-dog-ruck-s-new-role-20210411-p57i6n.html

As per usual with the AGE just open the following article in a 'incognito window browser' to avoid the paywall.

blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:11 am

Voss & Leppitsch both seem to have a strong dislike for the Pies.

Why is there no mention of Caracella? He has a strong assistant's record at successful clubs.

And he was a popular player with us back in the days.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:21 am

Interesting article by Michael Gleeson from the AGE stops short of addressing the whole problem but points at huge flaws in.. well... just read for yourself...

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/four-points-collingwood-at-a-crossroads-grundy-spooked-dog-ruck-s-new-role-20210411-p57i6n.html

As per usual with the AGE just open the following article in a 'incognito window browser' to avoid the paywall.

Good article.

Gleeson reiterates some obvious points that supporters have raised recently.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:27 am

blackandwhite4life wrote:
Why is there no mention of Caracella? He has a strong assistant's record at successful clubs.

I mentioned Caracella a few pages back.

He’s renowned for his tactical nous, but I’m not sure whether he wants to take the leap into senior coaching.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:47 am

Thanks Wolf. Excellent article.

This struck me the most:
"Losing with young players who are learning is far more palatable than losing with old or under-performing players". Now ain't that the truth.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:17 am

I would put anyone with any previous association with Collingwood lower on the list. Nepotism got us into this mess.
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:22 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

I would put anyone with any previous association with Collingwood lower on the list. Nepotism got us into this mess.

Yes, I totally realise that.

Still, surely there's a balance between hatred of the club and favourite sons. A selection in the middle of those two extremes would be preferable.

slangman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:11 pm

I’m sure Lethal and Mick weren’t big fans of Collingwood before they arrived at the club.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 22 of 49   

Jump to: