Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan says “I will walk”

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will be Nathans fate this year...?!??
What are you talking about? Nathan is the messiah and will lead our club to its next flag!!
16%
 16%  [ 14 ]
Nathan comes to the realization that the club is bigger than him and that he needs to fall on his sword and resigns.
40%
 40%  [ 34 ]
Nathan finally gets the sack after another bad season.
42%
 42%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 83

CootaPie 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no chance of Buckley ever walking as his arrogance will never allow him to admit that him not being coach is the best thing for the club.

It's ridiculous he is seemingly so involved in the decision-making process regarding his contract. It's the club's decision whether he continues, not his.

The players need a new voice, that is absolutely clear after the start to the season. Yesterday was an embarrassment. Only those on the inside would know how much the off-season "debacle" - yes, Eddie a debacle that you oversaw - has impacted the playing group but the on-field evidence would suggest quite significantly.

That new voice needs to have a hard and hungry edge to it - I'd be happy with Ross Lyon or if it's to be a younger model then Sam Mitchell. It goes without saying that Harvey and Sanderson need to go too. How the hell is Harvey still there? The fact he can't get a look in for senior jobs anywhere else speaks volumes. Hine is also well past his use by date, with the disgraceful lack of skilled and key position players on the list his legacy.
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:53 am

It's now down to the interests of an individual (i.e. Buckley) vs the interests of the club.

Those that remain in the Buckley camp and seriously want to give him another contract extension (which will be about the fifth, I believe), are backing the individual.

The rest of us are backing the interests of the club.

I had a lot of love for Bucks as a player, and loved the fact he shared in the 2010 triumph.

Have never doubted his love and commitment to the club. But now, it's become selfish arrogance and foolish delusion on his part to think that he is still the best option going forward as coach.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:58 am

Looking at the draw we'll most likely be around 3-10 by the bye - god knows why we have to wait this long till we get an inkling of what's truly going on, if indeed that happens by what they say... (and they say a lot of things but often with little to zero actual truth), and say around 7-15 come seasons end...

As far as replacements, who can say what direction they'll take - logic would say an experienced coach after 10 years of an inexperienced coach.. and by Jezza's logic of coaches 'windows' that rules out people like Lyon, B.Scott and Ayres... leaving M.Williams (and Worsfold....) as the only realistic coaches matching that criteria - inexperienced coaches, there is a plethora of them with Mitchell most likely heading the pack... so there is a lot to think about. But regardless of whomever the potential candidates are... we must make a change and now because we are years off a flag because of this mess the club has created for itself (regardless of who's actual fault it is), and I think that most people would understand that it would be totally unacceptable and frankly insane to wait on one coach for 15+ years to win a flag because he's a favorite son of the club, a great guy and a 'good' coach.

It's literal madness, it must end.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:01 pm

^After 10 years, you aren't an inexperienced coach. You may still be useless - but you aren't inexperienced.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:08 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^After 10 years, you aren't an inexperienced coach. You may still be useless - but you aren't inexperienced.

Well he's experienced now... but you know what I meant, it's his only ever head coaching job. And let's be frank, he admitted using Malthouse's systems 1st few years while he was 'learning on the job' and dropped away horribly as soon as he went his own way... then after many years of failures survived by the skin of his teeth, brought in some fresh 'intellectual' talent and let go of the reins a bit.. and boom we get something!! All on Buckley that little bit of success imo, I just don't understand why we've gone back to like it was before those two assistants came to our club and then presto back immediately like it was as soon as they're both gone?? Wink

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:27 pm

Saw the post match with Bucks - it's a weekly comedy and know he has introduced a new intriguing word - DNA - that will get the supporters excited that he knows what is going on, it's just laughable and it's the ‘MUSHROOM TREATMENT: Kept in the dark and fed bullshit'.

And Matthew Lloyd was spot on the Sunday Footy Show today. Plenty of Coaches out there that can take over (PLENTY) and the Media spinning more sh1te about 'came within a kick'. Enough is Enough!!!

Wake up Collingwood!!!

Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:45 pm

A 1 Year aberration where a review convinced Buckley to change his ways ... to not be himself. He stepped back and we nearly won a flag.

Take that aberration out and EVERY year we have won less/same games as the year before. Winning more games than the year before is arguably a good pass mark in terms of improvement. In those terms Buckley has 8 fails, and a year of stagnation where we had the same W as the year before.

10 years for what appears an aberration, 1 year of stagnation, and 8 FAILS.

Surely he has to go
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:07 pm

Let's be fair, Bucks didn't specify where he would walk to. Let's not jump to conclusions!
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:18 pm

One more thing,when Bucks goes, even if during the season, and hopefully Harvey and that bloke from Adelaide go same time, then pendles needs to also step down as captain. He needs to be free of responsibility and just focus on his game. He deserves to enjoy his twilight years, does our champion of the ages.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:25 pm

I’ve pondered all night about the mess we find ourselves in

I’ve been a long term Buckley supporter but like many my patience and respect for him has ended
The Treloar sage was the final straw for me
I don’t 100% blame Buckley for what happened he’s part of a bigger failure but at the end of the day he could have easily come out and said
“Adz has been a victim of the clubs salary cap management and we have been left with no choice but to trade him to ensure we are cap compliant”
“If we had another way around it we would certainly investigate it”
Adz is a valuable and highly respected member of the playing group and I’m sorry to see him go”

Whilst I would have still been miffed I could have understood some times you lose a player you would prefer to keep
Buckley trotting out company line firstly about his mental health then his disposal eff then final the cap made me cringe all the way
I posted during the saga the coach doesn’t manage the salary cap but he has a massive say in what players we keep, trade, recruit, draft or retain
For that alone he’s largely responsible

As for Buckley the coach for mine and I said it for years he didn’t earn his stripes to be our head coach
He was handed the role in a bungled handover
Now Malthouse played a part in the mess but ultimately it was Eddie handing the reigns over for no other reason than he wanted Buckley to get that elusive premiership
2018 we nearly had one and had we got it we may all look at him differently but we didn’t

I was talking to a fellow pies fan the other day and he asked how could we fall so quickly
I wonder how much input Longmuir had in our whole structure and team defence
He’s done very well at Freo so far with a list I would say isn’t any better than ours perhaps worse in some areas
The unanswered question for mine has always been can he improve a players skill and best utilise there best assets for the teams benefit
To do this you must first have a game plan/style that you want to play and then recruit draft trade accordingly
I’m yet to be convinced that he has that ability.
We draft a player then play him in a completely different position or role than what he was playing before for whatever reason
Case in point we have Moore a forward when we drafted him
It didn’t work so we moved him to defence and and he become a AA CHB now all of a sudden he’s thrown forward because we can’t score
Our forward line isn’t the issue our entry into the forward line is the issue
We bomb it in with little purpose and hope we have someone do some individual brilliance to score the majority of the time

Wayne Bennett the NRL coach has 7 premierships and 31 out of the 34 seasons as a head coach his team has made finals including 25 consecutive seasons
He once said you don’t decide how you want to play the game you see what cattle you have and then decide what game style they can play to be successful
Sort of makes sense doesn’t it
We have never had that plan and I’d we did I can’t see it

I posted a few weeks ago before we knew who the new president would be internally at the club that there was a chunk of the playing group who have lost respect for him and are very dirty with the club as a whole
Wright has his work cut out for him trying to sort this mess out
Korda says one thing coach says something different it’s perplexing

I can say one thing with certainty that Craig Kelly will be making sure that Korda knows he has a candidate to run against him unless he complies with his request that his client (Buckley) gets a contract extension
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:26 pm

This is by far some of the worst football I have ever seen us play and I couldn't be any less inspired than I am right now. How much more of this crap do we need to endure. Enough is enough and it needs to end now. The club needs to pull the trigger and sack buckley while there is still something to salvage from the season. 24,000 at a home game is pathetic. Isn't that enough to tell you people are no longer interested anymore?? We are by far the most beatable side in the comp due to the fact that we are the most predicable. You can literally script what we do. Opposition clubs know this and use it to their advantage and we literally play into their hands. How people here can still support this self centred narcissist is beyond me. He has NFI and no plan B. We don't get thrashed cos he plugs the defence. We play slow stagnant football that relies on over use; we often choose poor options and have poor skills. WTF is our game plan?? Buckley doesn't just have egg on his face atm, he has the whole effen omelette. The gall of him to publicly state that he wants to continue coaching us into ruin after 10 yrs speaks volumes about his ego and inability to see himself as a failure. All he's doing now is holding us to ransom because he will not walk. We must and need to sack his and all his assistants incompetent arses now. Until then we will continue on the downward spiral.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:32 pm

Is there any benefit in sacking Buckley now? Give him some dignity - inform him sometime soon that his contact won't be renewed and he can coach out the season if he wishes. The last thing I'd want to see happen is an assistant coach take over, who then becomes the new darling of the players and hierarchy and they appoint him prematurely (ala Teague, Rhyce Shaw)
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:34 pm

He’s walking, I suspect the decision has already been made and players are aware of it. I’m a Bucks supporter, he had rotten luck in his first years as coach, and recent years (from Wells and Beams, to Treloar and bending over for individuals/managers demanding huge $$$)) I find fault mainly with the club admin and recruiters. But ten years is enough, I’m not a fan of a coach staying this long unless they’ve had flag success or look like they’ll have flag success in the near future. I can’t see that with the current playing group, we look like we need a change. Bucks has done that with last year’s recruiting and trades, change is here but we can’t field half a team of first year players and expect results.

HOWEVER, I do not want Bucks replaced by someone unproven or no better. If we can’t find a coach we think can do a better job than Bucks, then change for change’s sake can bite us in the ass and we’ll go backwards even faster. Better to stick with Bucks in the meantime and give him support. Losing Longmuir was a HUGE loss, and letting Buddha go was a huge mistake. I also think the Eddie/racism issue on top of the Treloar trade affected us in some way. Some players still have passion every week, for each other and the club, and others look like they’re just cashing their pay checks.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:06 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Gerry Cooper wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Graham Wright said on the ABC today that the last few years have proven that Bucks is a very good coach. He also said that good coaches are very hard to come by. It sounded to me like Bucks will get a re-appointment. I certainly hope so.

Clearly that big knock he took from John Worsfold at Victoria Park one time has affected his brain. Either that or he is playing "The full support of the board" line. Reappointing that clown for a further two years will seriously harm this club, and neither Buckley nor Wright will survive the full two years.

Yep. If Wright really thinks this, then he has been brought in for all the wrong reasons.

So, you want a full and frank review...as long as it ignores the actual evidence and comes to the same conclusion that you've drawn from the stands? Without any expertise?

That's a fast track to disaster.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:20 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I’ve pondered all night about the mess we find ourselves in

I’ve been a long term Buckley supporter but like many my patience and respect for him has ended
The Treloar sage was the final straw for me
I don’t 100% blame Buckley for what happened he’s part of a bigger failure but at the end of the day he could have easily come out and said
“Adz has been a victim of the clubs salary cap management and we have been left with no choice but to trade him to ensure we are cap compliant”
“If we had another way around it we would certainly investigate it”
Adz is a valuable and highly respected member of the playing group and I’m sorry to see him go”

Whilst I would have still been miffed I could have understood some times you lose a player you would prefer to keep
Buckley trotting out company line firstly about his mental health then his disposal eff then final the cap made me cringe all the way
I posted during the saga the coach doesn’t manage the salary cap but he has a massive say in what players we keep, trade, recruit, draft or retain
For that alone he’s largely responsible

As for Buckley the coach for mine and I said it for years he didn’t earn his stripes to be our head coach
He was handed the role in a bungled handover
Now Malthouse played a part in the mess but ultimately it was Eddie handing the reigns over for no other reason than he wanted Buckley to get that elusive premiership
2018 we nearly had one and had we got it we may all look at him differently but we didn’t

I was talking to a fellow pies fan the other day and he asked how could we fall so quickly
I wonder how much input Longmuir had in our whole structure and team defence
He’s done very well at Freo so far with a list I would say isn’t any better than ours perhaps worse in some areas
The unanswered question for mine has always been can he improve a players skill and best utilise there best assets for the teams benefit
To do this you must first have a game plan/style that you want to play and then recruit draft trade accordingly
I’m yet to be convinced that he has that ability.
We draft a player then play him in a completely different position or role than what he was playing before for whatever reason
Case in point we have Moore a forward when we drafted him
It didn’t work so we moved him to defence and and he become a AA CHB now all of a sudden he’s thrown forward because we can’t score
Our forward line isn’t the issue our entry into the forward line is the issue
We bomb it in with little purpose and hope we have someone do some individual brilliance to score the majority of the time

Wayne Bennett the NRL coach has 7 premierships and 31 out of the 34 seasons as a head coach his team has made finals including 25 consecutive seasons
He once said you don’t decide how you want to play the game you see what cattle you have and then decide what game style they can play to be successful
Sort of makes sense doesn’t it
We have never had that plan and I’d we did I can’t see it

I posted a few weeks ago before we knew who the new president would be internally at the club that there was a chunk of the playing group who have lost respect for him and are very dirty with the club as a whole
Wright has his work cut out for him trying to sort this mess out
Korda says one thing coach says something different it’s perplexing

I can say one thing with certainty that Craig Kelly will be making sure that Korda knows he has a candidate to run against him unless he complies with his request that his client (Buckley) gets a contract extension

i agree with all except the last line, i doubt it, i dont think anyone can save bux now, surely they realise what would happen? they cannot risk losing the members money. I for one would drop my level of membership significantly, not worth paying a premium for a GF ticket is it!

ps nice to see you keep to the subject. hopefully we can all leave the petty shit behind

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 47 of 49   

Jump to: