Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan says “I will walk”

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will be Nathans fate this year...?!??
What are you talking about? Nathan is the messiah and will lead our club to its next flag!!
16%
 16%  [ 14 ]
Nathan comes to the realization that the club is bigger than him and that he needs to fall on his sword and resigns.
40%
 40%  [ 34 ]
Nathan finally gets the sack after another bad season.
42%
 42%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 83

Soudie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Nicksters thoughts on Mark Williams? Didn't he always want the CFC gig?
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:00 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

This is a fairly profound rumour Qldmagpie Shocked
You have faith in your source then? It's putting an awful amount of power in the hands of one person. Do most footy managers have this much responsibility?

Well it does sorta fit his job description - he does manage the football department right...

Basing my knowledge of football managers on Geoff Walsh. He never seemed to do much except the injury report Wink

I did ask the question of how much responsibility football managers generally have.
Interpreting your response, it seems they run the whole show then?
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:08 am

Yes Hallelujah.

Well reading the tea leaves it sounds like he's done, and it makes every sense too announce their full intentions as soon as possible for club 'stability' issues, damn Nathans pride... he's been a very well paid employee. People are fired everyday, I was once fired the day before my son went into hospital for a heart operation... get some perspective man.

And there are plenty of options, you just don't like them, which is your right but is also you own problem. The best available option will be picked for the clubs immediate and long term needs. The sooner they're selected, the sooner they can come in and start putting things right.

I agree Wolf. Simply letting it drag to the end of the year cannot benefit the team nor the club, nor even Bucks himself. Just pay him out and make a clean break asap. The fact that FoxSport is naming disgruntled players (Grundy and Roughead) is significant. (Who would be feeding such info to a Fox parasite journalist??) I think we are witnessing the moral collapse that many of us predicted after the Treloar affair and its repercussions. The players as a group were disgusted at how Buckley and others treated Adz. They have lost faith in whatever direction Bucks thinks he can take the team. They have no belief, and are playing accordingly. Buckley never thought it was his task to motivate the team, but ironically more than ever, that is what he would need to do .. However, it is too late. Even if he tried, he hasnt got the moral authority anymore to do so.
I think the tipping point is approaching very quickly, and the sooner the better. It is really upsetting now to see our beloved club caught in this moral crisis.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:30 am

Said by Zed wrote:
Said by Zed wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Big rumour coming out of Collingwood Graham Wright has been handed complete control of all drafting, retention, trading and player development and asked to strip it all back and find out why we aren’t
1. A attractive option for free agents
2. How we appraise the draft value of players
3. Current list and cap allocation
4. Coaching and development of players
5. All personnel involved in all aspects of football

If the mail is right (and I believe it is right in the money) he has lined up several staff already and put them on notice and also had a heart to heart meeting with Buckley about his future
It’s no secret he was brought in for a reason but from what I’m hearing his role may be more than has been made public
Don’t be surprised if at some stage in the new future (I’m hearing by round 10) there is a public statement made about the coaches future

Hallelujah! If true. Not so sure though about Buckley’s future - makes no sense at all to announce anything by round 10. I agree it will happen but at end of season giving Bucks a respectful exit. Nothing to be gained going off any earlier considering where we are currently and no viable option ready to go - also neither rebuilding nor resetting....in no man’s land.

Yes Hallelujah.

Well reading the tea leaves it sounds like he's done, and it makes every sense too announce their full intentions as soon as possible for club 'stability' issues, damn Nathans pride... he's been a very well paid employee. People are fired everyday, I was once fired the day before my son went into hospital for a heart operation... get some perspective man.

And there are plenty of options, you just don't like them, which is your right but is also you own problem. The best available option will be picked for the clubs immediate and long term needs. The sooner they're selected, the sooner they can come in and start putting things right.

Obviously, that would have been devastating for you - hope everything worked out for you and of course your son.

The thing is, the current situation just doesn’t warrant a mid-season sacking considering all the recent turmoil and bru-ha-ha going ons. We are not set to be able to play all the kids and our age demographic and player profile does not support sweeping change. Some yes - scorched earth policy no.

It’s easier said than done to simply say the best available replacement will come in - anything like Reece Shaw who’s once blossoming coaching career was unceremoniously euthanasied by poor timing and inappropriate appointment. Just sack Buckley and hope for the best is not an effective strategy.

I agree, we're not hoping for the best... we are removing someone who was obviously never fit for the job and than in a professional manner we'll replace him - its ALWAYS the right time to remove a coach when it's over ALWAYS... he's had ten years, each season is not a reset of his fortunes... i never got how people wiped the slate clean at the start of a new season... he's had TEN LONG YEARS we don't need a few more games or 'mathematical' formulas determining our chances of making the 8 - he's the wrong person, remove him immediately..

PS: thanks was a very long time ago and thankfully he's grown into a healthy young man now.

Big T 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:16 am

ToBucks credit he clearly stated he would step aside and go to a lower role if that is needed. I hope that happens. He loves the club.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:27 am

I love the club too and I don't want him to have anything to do with football department at the club ever again in my lifetime tyvm. Best thing he could do is walk out the doors and not come back for at least 20 years.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:28 am

The Soft Cap means the club cannot poach anyone. My thoughts the are the replacement has to come from within or a rookie coach. Although I am loathe to go with an ex Captain after T Shaw, I would be open to the Idea of Maxwell if he wanted the job. Sam Mitchell or Luke Hodge, but they have to want the job and it's going to be one tough gig.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:08 am

Have we given up on Scott Burns? He seemed to be pretty hot property a few years back, and seems to have come second in a number of senior coach interviews with other clubs.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:18 am

Big T wrote:
I love the club too and I don't want him to have anything to do with football department at the club ever again in my lifetime tyvm. Best thing he could do is walk out the doors and not come back for at least 20 years.

Knowing Collingwood, we will win the flag in 2040 and then replace the coach with Jet Buckley
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:17 pm

sigh...

Assistant Coaches
Robert Harvey. Midfield and Transition.
Brenton Sanderson. Forward Line and Ball Movement.
Hayden Skipworth. Line Coach.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:36 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Lots of discussion on On the Couch about Collingwood. Tom Morris said there was a bit of "talking around corners" amongst the players, with Grundy and Roughead the main contributors in that. Pendles standing by Bucks. Reiwoldt says the club is "in no man's land".
For those without Fox Footy, Foxsports usually has an article following up the next day on points raised in this program.

Sounds like b.s., but if Grundy is talking about replacing Buckley then that’d explain the disconnect in the midfield. Poor Grundy, not everyone wants to live football 24/7 — I’m sure his $7million will help him get over how hard it is.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:41 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Lots of discussion on On the Couch about Collingwood. Tom Morris said there was a bit of "talking around corners" amongst the players, with Grundy and Roughead the main contributors in that. Pendles standing by Bucks. Reiwoldt says the club is "in no man's land".
For those without Fox Footy, Foxsports usually has an article following up the next day on points raised in this program.

Some players have “grown weary” on the 48-year-old’s “emphasis on emotional connection” and leaders like Brodie Grundy and Jordan Roughead have been “vocal in their frustrations internally”.

Poor Bucks, got told he was a martinet so he went all "group hugs" and "cry on my shoulder" and it nearly worked in 2018.
Now there's a problem with an “emphasis on emotional connection”.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:47 pm

Seems to be a dead man walking.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:56 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

PP the way it was put to me is the round 10 date is to allow a new president 4/6 weeks at the helm and get fully over where the club is at football wise
My understanding is Buckley was told round 10 was the line in the sand moment for him and it wasn’t all about pure win/loss ratio
I doubt the club would sack him directly but they may give him the news he won’t be there in 2022 and let him decide his own path for departure
But there are some on the board that aren’t as shackled to Buckley as Eddie was and wouldn’t view his departure the same as Eddie would
It’s interesting times and I don’t get any joy from it at all I would prefer to be debating how P4S over rates Grundy and under rates Darcy Cameron (wink wink ole mate)

Many thanks for your reply qldmagpie.

Interesting times ahead for sure. I reckon clarifying the end for Bucks at round 10 and allowing him to determine whether to leave then or at the end of the season would be the most dignified and respectful way to finish his extraordinarily long association with Collingwood. I don't see the need to humiliate the man by publically sacking him mid-season after he's given everything he could to the club for all his adult life.

Yes, he needs to go in order for a new start to be made. If the club can engineer that with a minimum of discord and an element of respect, that too would help the whole club emerge more strongly from the mire it's presently stuck in.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:06 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

Some players have “grown weary” on the 48-year-old’s “emphasis on emotional connection” and leaders like Brodie Grundy and Jordan Roughead have been “vocal in their frustrations internally”.

Poor Bucks, got told he was a martinet so he went all "group hugs" and "cry on my shoulder" and it nearly worked in 2018.
Now there's a problem with an “emphasis on emotional connection”.

Of course there is a problem with "emotional connection". After the Adam Treloar disaster, the players would presumably see how insincere it all was. clearly it no longer is a means to galvanise the team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 24 of 49   

Jump to: