Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan says “I will walk”

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will be Nathans fate this year...?!??
What are you talking about? Nathan is the messiah and will lead our club to its next flag!!
16%
 16%  [ 14 ]
Nathan comes to the realization that the club is bigger than him and that he needs to fall on his sword and resigns.
40%
 40%  [ 34 ]
Nathan finally gets the sack after another bad season.
42%
 42%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 83

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the kiss of death?

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/04/12/ex-afl-coach-wants-magpies-to-re-sign-buckley/
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:55 pm

Maybe Brendan thinks he can get a run as assistant, nothing would surprise me

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:27 pm

Remember “Ask Bucks” a few years back, would be a great time to bring it back. He could answer a few questions if he can’t get to sleep at night.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:31 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Is this the kiss of death?

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/04/12/ex-afl-coach-wants-magpies-to-re-sign-buckley/

Under Eddie, this would have happened already.

Maybe the lack of a new President is deliberate so that a "committee" can make the decision to axe Buckley and it wont stick to any one person wanting to be President.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:43 pm

These statements by Mc Cartney have just left me staggering in disbelief. I think the best explanation is probably the one suggested by RMB, that McCartney sees a potential assistant coaching role if Bux is reappointed. The other is simply that McCartney hates Collingwood with a vengeance, and is simply articulating what he imagines would be our worst case scenario, and fantasising that we will implement it.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:25 pm

Leigh matthews if I’m right had the shortest apprenticeship of an assistant coach took over from bob rose after 5 games
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:31 pm

Clarkson just appeared on AFL360 and seemed really energised, enthusiastic and excited about taking the current Hawks team onwards and upwards. Bugar! Wink
Still very cagey though when pressed about whether he would see the full journey through.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:59 pm

Lots of discussion on On the Couch about Collingwood. Tom Morris said there was a bit of "talking around corners" amongst the players, with Grundy and Roughead the main contributors in that. Pendles standing by Bucks. Reiwoldt says the club is "in no man's land".
For those without Fox Footy, Foxsports usually has an article following up the next day on points raised in this program.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:07 pm

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2021-nathan-buckley-contract-collingwood-analysis-tom-morris-column/news-story/3fab5c30e98848829101248de1bbdd5d
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:12 pm

Big rumour coming out of Collingwood Graham Wright has been handed complete control of all drafting, retention, trading and player development and asked to strip it all back and find out why we aren’t
1. A attractive option for free agents
2. How we appraise the draft value of players
3. Current list and cap allocation
4. Coaching and development of players
5. All personnel involved in all aspects of football

If the mail is right (and I believe it is right in the money) he has lined up several staff already and put them on notice and also had a heart to heart meeting with Buckley about his future
It’s no secret he was brought in for a reason but from what I’m hearing his role may be more than has been made public
Don’t be surprised if at some stage in the new future (I’m hearing by round 10) there is a public statement made about the coaches future
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:16 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2021-nathan-buckley-contract-collingwood-analysis-tom-morris-column/news-story/3fab5c30e98848829101248de1bbdd5d

This quote from the article is utter trash and an actual lie.

'There is a view internally that the coach would rather walk, having read the writing on the wall, than fight and claw until they have no choice but to sack him like Mick Malthouse did at Carlton.

He has essentially said as much, which would match the dignity and esteem to which he is held in the game and around the league.'

Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:29 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Big rumour coming out of Collingwood Graham Wright has been handed complete control of all drafting, retention, trading and player development and asked to strip it all back and find out why we aren’t

If the mail is right (and I believe it is right in the money) he has lined up several staff already and put them on notice and also had a heart to heart meeting with Buckley about his future
It’s no secret he was brought in for a reason but from what I’m hearing his role may be more than has been made public
Don’t be surprised if at some stage in the new future (I’m hearing by round 10) there is a public statement made about the coaches future

Hallelujah! If true. Not so sure though about Buckley’s future - makes no sense at all to announce anything by round 10. I agree it will happen but at end of season giving Bucks a respectful exit. Nothing to be gained going off any earlier considering where we are currently and no viable option ready to go - also neither rebuilding nor resetting....in no man’s land.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:32 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

This is a fairly profound rumour Qldmagpie Shocked
You have faith in your source then? It's putting an awful amount of power in the hands of one person. Do most footy managers have this much responsibility?
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:39 pm

Said by Zed wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Hallelujah! If true. Not so sure though about Buckley’s future - makes no sense at all to announce anything by round 10. I agree it will happen but at end of season giving Bucks a respectful exit. Nothing to be gained going off any earlier considering where we are currently and no viable option ready to go - also neither rebuilding nor resetting....in no man’s land.

Yes Hallelujah.

Well reading the tea leaves it sounds like he's done, and it makes every sense too announce their full intentions as soon as possible for club 'stability' issues, damn Nathans pride... he's been a very well paid employee. People are fired everyday, I was once fired the day before my son went into hospital for a heart operation... get some perspective man.

And there are plenty of options, you just don't like them, which is your right but is also you own problem. The best available option will be picked for the clubs immediate and long term needs. The sooner they're selected, the sooner they can come in and start putting things right.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:41 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:

This is a fairly profound rumour Qldmagpie Shocked
You have faith in your source then? It's putting an awful amount of power in the hands of one person. Do most footy managers have this much responsibility?

Well it does sorta fit his job description - he does manage the football department right...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 23 of 49   

Jump to: