Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan says “I will walk”

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will be Nathans fate this year...?!??
What are you talking about? Nathan is the messiah and will lead our club to its next flag!!
16%
 16%  [ 14 ]
Nathan comes to the realization that the club is bigger than him and that he needs to fall on his sword and resigns.
40%
 40%  [ 34 ]
Nathan finally gets the sack after another bad season.
42%
 42%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 83

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We should get someone like whiskers to caretaker (but it'll be internal cause they're tight ass*s), 100% can't be harvs or sando. Hopefully he walks tonight but I'm guessing it'll be next week after we get thumped by the weagles.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:40 pm

The saints came back from 33 points down but we are f$&&ed once it gets past 3 goals because we simply don’t have the structure or plan to first score or move it with any fluency to give us a chance to score quickly.

Giants had 9 of their best 22 missing and we had just Elliot. Yet we piss farted around early with shitty handballs in the wet fell behind on the scoreboard and for us that just invites panic football because of the game situation.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:46 pm

I would love a stat on many 20+ leads we’ve given up during Buckley’s tenure vs 20+ deficits we’ve managed to pull back and win.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:47 pm

I'm just waiting for the presser...I'm wondering if that parachute we gave him all those years ago has a emergency chute on it...?
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:24 am

I know you're all going to think ??? Because I think Lyon is the obvious replacement.. and he is, but I personally would prefer Brad Scott - he's refreshed, he has passion, he actually did wonders (at least for the 1st half of his coaching tenure) at North, and he does have history with our club though he's an outsider. And he's also a good coach imo.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:26 am

I’d like to ask Bucks if he uses the corridor at home or does he take 18 steps backwards and enters the dunny through the window.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:41 am

Probably entered through the dunny window one too many times, hence his separation from the once bedazzled g-banger.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:56 am

Johnno75 wrote:
I’d like to ask Bucks if he uses the corridor at home or does he take 18 steps backwards and enters the dunny through the window.

Oh this is SO funny Johnno. Very Happy Very Happy
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:12 am

Johnno75 wrote:

Bux lives in a several million dollar mansion, so he would have ample ways to access the dunny. Maybe that is why he underestimates the value of the corridor??

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:20 am

I have always admired Bucks greatly. He got the absolute best out of himself as a player. He was willing to learn new approaches as a captain. He showed enormous dignity when dealing with all the MM sniper attacks, after taking over as coach. He showed some mettle in making tough decisions to refresh the team's list. He showed great leadership in nearly pulling off a fairytale premiership against the odds.
Then he stuffed up big time over the trade period in his handling of the Treloar saga and must have lost a lot of the players' trust in doing so. I believe that's one mistake he'll always regret.
Like Ed, his time has come to go. I wish for his own sake, he would let go of his dream. It's become a nightmare and can't be doing his own well being any good. He's given it his best, time to go and smell the roses, with the help of all the capital he's earnt from his AFL career (assuming there will still be a considerable amount left after the ex wife has taken her share). His sons need him now and I reckon being a good father would be really important to him. He needs to look beyond the game and find new ways of self-fulfilment, because it sure as hell could not be making him a happy man at the moment. He actually looks like he's aged ten years since last season.
Say hoorah Bucks for your sake and that of your boys.
Say hoorah for the sake of the club you've given your all to.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:26 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

Bux lives in a several million dollar mansion, so he would have ample ways to access the dunny. Maybe that is why he underestimates the value of the corridor??

Very clever MTTM. Laughing I think it's the ex that's living in the mansion these days, while he's boarding at a mate's place. Pretty sad really.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:48 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

Very clever MTTM. Laughing I think it's the ex that's living in the mansion these days, while he's boarding at a mate's place. Pretty sad really.

He’s probably boarding at WHE or JT’s pad.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:54 am

Raw Hammer wrote:

He’s probably boarding at WHE or JT’s pad.

Yeah, that makes sense RH. no doubt rent free.
Quid pro quo.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:11 am

I'm bored of Buckley now. I could just go back and search one of my old posts about him in 2016-17 and my sentiments about him back then would be as relevant as ever today.

The last of his supporters must surely see that it's time to part ways by seasons end at the latest. Both parties need to move on and start again.

No senior coach in the history of the sport has lasted beyond 10 seasons without a premiership to show for it. Buckley, by virtue of being a favourite son is lucky to have lasted this long.

I stated during the pre-season that I had fears this would be a "wasted year" and that neither club or coach would benefit from it. At the moment, we feel directionless and the club is in need of a circuit breaker.

Sad state of affairs as we wanted it to work, but it seemed doomed from day 1, and it's been a grind for the last 10 seasons. 2018 was the moment we could have poached a fairytale flag, but it didn't work out as intended.

Time for a fresh start for both parties, whether it's in the near future or at seasons end.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:39 am

Jezza wrote:
I'm bored of Buckley now. I could just go back and search one of my old posts about him in 2016-17 and my sentiments about him back then would be as relevant as ever today.

The last of his supporters must surely see that it's time to part ways by seasons end at the latest. Both parties need to move on and start again.

No senior coach in the history of the sport has lasted beyond 10 seasons without a premiership to show for it. Buckley, by virtue of being a favourite son is lucky to have lasted this long.

I stated during the pre-season that I had fears this would be a "wasted year" and that neither club or coach would benefit from it. At the moment, we feel directionless and the club is in need of a circuit breaker.

Sad state of affairs as we wanted it to work, but it seemed doomed from day 1, and it's been a grind for the last 10 seasons. 2018 was the moment we could have poached a fairytale flag, but it didn't work out as intended.

Time for a fresh start for both parties, whether it's in the near future or at seasons end.

Circuit breaker is right Jezza. We need to break the circuit before the battery itself explodes. We cannot wait till seasons end. Must be mid season. We have two months to organize a caretaker coach (NOT sando or harves). Surely we have someone who could do it. Even if it means reappointing Budda Hocking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 19 of 49   

Jump to: