Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan says “I will walk”

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will be Nathans fate this year...?!??
What are you talking about? Nathan is the messiah and will lead our club to its next flag!!
16%
 16%  [ 14 ]
Nathan comes to the realization that the club is bigger than him and that he needs to fall on his sword and resigns.
40%
 40%  [ 34 ]
Nathan finally gets the sack after another bad season.
42%
 42%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 83

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

no im sure you are correct, thats why we all had hope of poaching him!!
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:55 pm

The coach doesn’t want to pay or draft a decent KPF so we go with shit out of free agency or rookies then pushes everyone back to help out in defence but no one runs the other way to give us an option if we are lucky enough to move the ball quickly out of the back 50.

When he does eventually walk he will have a unique stat with him. Can’t think of too many coaches that have kept a team goalless in a qtr and still got out scored!!!!

K 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:42 pm

K wrote:
But there's nothing Jake Kelly could do. He has the right to kick the ball without being concussed.

Arguably, Danger could have done something else. (Of course, we know it all happens really quickly.)

think positive wrote:
if anything i think he came in too late, certainly Kelly should be protected.

Caro and Eddie were speculating on Footy Classified that Paddy chose not to contest the charge 'cos he's the players' association pres. Player safety would be a big thing for them. "He chose the players ahead of Geelong."

Lloyd said he knew head contact is the bumper's responsibility 11 years ago. "Why are we still having this debate?" he asked.
TC 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:35 pm

Haven't read all the posts here but here is my five cents worth.
A) The great president Edward Joseph McGuire AM (no less) has gone.
B) Bucks has been there all of nine years (appointed as senior coach in 2012).
C) A great recruiter in the form of Graham Wright (Collingwood 1990 premiership player) has now been appointed to the role of General Manager of Football at Collingwood.
The indications to me are that now is the time for Collingwood to formulate a new plan of action to build a team going forward with the express intention of contesting finals and winning premierships.
In order to do that we need to find a new coach to set the vision so that Graham Wright can go out with a clear view to recruit players that can do the job.
In deference to Nathan Buckley's great service to the club we should at the very least give him a chance this year and then allow him to leave the job of senior coach gracefully.
I have been following Collingwood for a long time and I can tell you we are nowhere near the 1990 nor 2010 Premiership teams in terms of ability IMHO.
To coin an old campaign slogan ... "It's time".

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:08 pm

Great win tonight, but my opinion on Buckley doesn’t change after one game.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:20 pm

Great we won tonight, at least Bucks gets one week of positivity. Always great to beat the Bluebellies.!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:16 pm

My word, he looked in bad shape in the press conference, never seen him so low...hope he is alright, but he had the look of an exhausted man

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:18 pm

Agree with the above!

He seemed flat.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:18 pm

Agree with the above!

He seemed flat.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:13 am

^ Agree. Something didn't seem right.

I hope he's okay.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:20 am

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
My word, he looked in bad shape in the press conference, never seen him so low...hope he is alright, but he had the look of an exhausted man

To me, he's looked exhausted right from the start of the year. He looks like he's carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders - his marriage breakdown, the trade period saga, the Lumumba accusations, Eddie leaving and criticism from many quarters of his coaching, all going into the last year of his contract. It can't be an easy time for him.

For his sake, I hope he can reassess his outlook and get some enjoyment out of what looks like his last season of coaching Collingwood.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:16 am

Jezza wrote:
Great win tonight, but my opinion on Buckley doesn’t change after one game.

Absolutely. This game simply showcases the talent on our list, and puts more pressure on Buckley going forward to bring out the best.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:45 am

I’ve stayed out of this thread mainly because I don’t think it serves any purpose in kicking a coach when his down
But reading some post I see others have or are seeing the same thing

But I have been saying to a magpie mate up here the past month even before the season started something seems off with Buckley
That cheeky smirk on his face isn’t there
His marriage has broken down and he truly seems like a guy who loves his family and maybe not seeing his boys every day has a negative effect on him

The handling of departure of Treloar has really hurt him. I’m not saying Treloar was his favourite player but Buckley has gone out of his way to spread the words like love respect snd togetherness when talking about the players for the past few years. I did a post a couple weeks ago saying I don’t think this decision was the coaches and he was made to be the bad cop because others didn’t want to be. This has hurt him and I believe hurt his relationship with some of the playing group. Now whether that’s being addressed internally as a group or individually with some players there needs to be a point in time he can get that relationship with players in-line and move forward
Finally Buckley will always be a champion of this club and should always have our respect for the way he played his heart out for our club. Many here will have many fond memories of how he carried a side on his shoulders many times
How his coaching time or when his coaching time ends they to me are 2 completely different stories
Buckley the player is a all time great
Buckley the coach has improved and went within 60 seconds of delivering us another flag
Win lose draw he deserves our respect
Be critical of our play no worries but don’t play the man who no one could ever deny bleeds black and white
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:23 pm

Welp... here we are again folks...

This club desperately needs a breath of fresh air.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:27 pm

Does he need help packing up his office?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 12 of 49   

Jump to: