Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan says “I will walk”

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will be Nathans fate this year...?!??
What are you talking about? Nathan is the messiah and will lead our club to its next flag!!
16%
 16%  [ 14 ]
Nathan comes to the realization that the club is bigger than him and that he needs to fall on his sword and resigns.
40%
 40%  [ 34 ]
Nathan finally gets the sack after another bad season.
42%
 42%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 83

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:32 am
Post subject: Nathan says “I will walk”Reply with quote

AFL Live has an article by Cal Twomey dated 4th March that Bucks said he would walk at season end if it was better for the club

Bucks has had discussed this with Anderson and Wright

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that he said he would walk away from coaching but if there was anything he could do to help the club he would put his hand up
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:15 am

the club to me is drowning, who knows how on field performance is being effected? the tigers might show us, however that would get whitewashed as a practice match, for me the test is the bullies without Treloar if the rumours are correct. At years end? Im pretty sure membership, real membership not puppy dog ones, has taken a hit, not sure how much more the club can take. I for one am already considering what i will do. And dont go nuts on me, ive stuck through good and bad times, but footy right now, the hubs last year when Melbourne was suffering, and the bullshit performances, the crap the AFL dishes up, im truly wondering why i bother. The never ending price rises, but get less for your money, the cold, the shit excuses for losses we should not of had, and every single off field behaviour issue, it all has an effect. The club is tone deaf, from Eddies Proud comment, (who didnt gasp when he came out with that??) to using Sidey as a posterboy for covid advertising, i mean what the absolute ****?? how much did the 4 weeks he missed cost the team? mentally, on field performance wise? And then whilst other clubs had baby plans in place, he sits on his arse at home, and watches us go down. un forgivable. The day that decision was made every opposition team wanted to play us in finals, because we had already given up. I didnt want Eddie gone, but im starting to think we need to almost start from scratch.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:24 am

There is stuff happening at Collingwood and I ,like many of us are not privy

Walsh then Rocca then Ed —now Bucks talks up his future

Interesting times ahead both on and off the paddock but we will get it right one would hope

slangman 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:39 am

Make no bones about it, this is a major junction in Collingwood’s history. Time will tell whether this galvanises or divides the club.
The “New Magpies” have been and gone before with disastrous legacies left behind. Hopefully this new regime leaves the club in a better position than which it has inherited.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:50 am

In our history this is not the first time we have had a Collingwood man stand aside for the betterment of Collingwood

A player named Bervyn Woods who played from 1935 (had big hand in 35 & 36 flags) was elected coach to replace the great Jock McHale but lasted 5 days before resignation and the popular Phonse Kyne replaced him

Then Bob Rose took over from Jack Cahill but after a few games stood aside for Leigh Matthews

Both changes resulted in flags in following seasons

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:59 am

BazBoy wrote:
There is stuff happening at Collingwood and I ,like many of us are not privy

Walsh then Rocca then Ed —now Bucks talks up his future

Interesting times ahead both on and off the paddock but we will get it right one would hope

I hope so too. However until they mention the potential coaching candidates for interviews, I will always hope that Bucks continues. Better the devil you know than the devil you don’t. I need to be fully convinced that the replacement is better than the incumbent in a variety of facets. Collingwood is far too important in my life for chucking the baby out with the bath water shit. There is a huge part of me that fervently hopes that Bucks will have a blinder with his coaching this year and do enough to continue. I know that I will be considered as being nuts to say that by most posters here but I can understand their reasons and deal with that. So bring on the season and we’ll see what happens

Last edited by Lazza on Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:00 am

And on AFL live he actually has a 1 min 50 video clip on this
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:04 am

Lazza Bucks admits the season result with have a large bearing on future discussions
Also is brave enough to suggest that youth replacement for lost experience will make it tough

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:07 am

think positive wrote:
the club to me is drowning, who knows how on field performance is being effected? the tigers might show us, however that would get whitewashed as a practice match, for me the test is the bullies without Treloar if the rumours are correct. At years end? Im pretty sure membership, real membership not puppy dog ones, has taken a hit, not sure how much more the club can take. I for one am already considering what i will do. And dont go nuts on me, ive stuck through good and bad times, but footy right now, the hubs last year when Melbourne was suffering, and the bullshit performances, the crap the AFL dishes up, im truly wondering why i bother. The never ending price rises, but get less for your money, the cold, the shit excuses for losses we should not of had, and every single off field behaviour issue, it all has an effect. The club is tone deaf, from Eddies Proud comment, (who didnt gasp when he came out with that??) to using Sidey as a posterboy for covid advertising, i mean what the absolute ****?? how much did the 4 weeks he missed cost the team? mentally, on field performance wise? And then whilst other clubs had baby plans in place, he sits on his arse at home, and watches us go down. un forgivable. The day that decision was made every opposition team wanted to play us in finals, because we had already given up. I didnt want Eddie gone, but im starting to think we need to almost start from scratch.

May I say this ms positive.
Your posts are always a joy to read. Their funny, well written, emotional and always truthful. You have obviously committed a huge amount of time, money and emotional energy into the mighty magpies throughout your existence and it seems all you have in return lately from the club is a new identity that shows a complete lack of compassion to the existence of what you perceive as right. Now I’m not privy to any of your past and personal experiences that bonds you with the club but the fabric that keeps you signing on year after year is about to be torn in half. Unfortunately the last twelve months, some may say it’s been longer in the making but to me it’s more recent then that and all will blow over in time as they do. Preseasons in my humble opinion are all about reshaping, redesigning and working out truthfully how to become better. The pies are addressing the internal shitstorm and we need to stick fat. There’s no denying things have snow balled out of shape but it’s been recognised within. Take a break if you need to. It’s good for the soul. Watch from a distance instead. Come on nicks for some humour and shit slinging but don’t care so much about the personal attachments you have with the club. I can go on all day about the nightmare Collingwood is to us little people but there are much more important things in your own, (I’m talking about me) to worry about. I hope this helps your cause a little.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:08 pm

To me i think Bucks should walk now sooner the better i feel in light of whats happened. Clear and clean the air once and for all.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:27 pm

90 nice wrote:
To me i think Bucks should walk now sooner the better i feel in light of whats happened. Clear and clean the air once and for all.

So a coach who got us within an umpire’s decision of winning a flag a couple of years ago for who, a caretaker coach?

Bucks said years ago he’d walk if he felt it was best for the club. He’s simply reiterating what he’s felt for a long time.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:31 pm

Oh ffs think positive, there was no chance Sidey would have made any difference. Selective memory, he would have been in public hotel quarantine, not the footy hub which was shut down. And he would have made Jack shit difference if we’d actually made it through to the final Sidey would have emerged from hotel quarantine for. Yeah he stuffed up, but you don’t know the personal issues going on at the time.
Seriously, the constant Sidey bashing on Nicks is ducking ridiculous.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:54 pm

I feel that Bucks was coaching in 2018 with the preparedness to accept the input from his assistant coaches and that fell away with their departure
Last year was a shambles across the comp and we didn’t perform

Now no replacement has either been suggested nor has the top men even been saying replacement

So until there are apples to compare let’s give Bucks a modicum of support
and see how things progress

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:31 pm

simon tonna wrote:
think positive wrote:

May I say this ms positive.
Your posts are always a joy to read. Their funny, well written, emotional and always truthful. You have obviously committed a huge amount of time, money and emotional energy into the mighty magpies throughout your existence and it seems all you have in return lately from the club is a new identity that shows a complete lack of compassion to the existence of what you perceive as right. Now I’m not privy to any of your past and personal experiences that bonds you with the club but the fabric that keeps you signing on year after year is about to be torn in half. Unfortunately the last twelve months, some may say it’s been longer in the making but to me it’s more recent then that and all will blow over in time as they do. Preseasons in my humble opinion are all about reshaping, redesigning and working out truthfully how to become better. The pies are addressing the internal shitstorm and we need to stick fat. There’s no denying things have snow balled out of shape but it’s been recognised within. Take a break if you need to. It’s good for the soul. Watch from a distance instead. Come on nicks for some humour and shit slinging but don’t care so much about the personal attachments you have with the club. I can go on all day about the nightmare Collingwood is to us little people but there are much more important things in your own, (I’m talking about me) to worry about. I hope this helps your cause a little.

Cheers mate, I get what your saying. Not just with covid I had done heavy shit for a few months, lost a friend and 3 people close to me, not covid, but restricted access from covid made it worse. Footy has always been a release, a big comradie thing for me, I miss it, but like everything in the world, it won’t be the same. Cheers, xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 1 of 49   

Jump to: