Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Parliament House sexual assault and harassment allegations

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

doriswilgus wrote:
Here’s a story in today’s Herald Sun,you know,that biased left wing paper that is always so unfair to conservative governments.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/incredible-courage-grace-tame-weighs-in-on-brittany-higgins-rape-allegations/news-story/026ae0497936f44b0a6404319c927368

It seems that Morrison has already changed his story about his knowledge of the alleged rape a couple of times already.First he said his office knew of it back in April 2019,now he claims that they didn’t know of it until this month.And the text messages mentioned in this article suggest that his office did know of the incident shortly after it occurred.

Of course people here will say move along,nothing to see here,as they always do.But I think most Australians would like to know if their Prime Minister is lying about his knowledge of a rape that occurred in one of his minister’s office.It goes to his credibility and his honesty,I’m sure most Australians would like to know if they can believe anything he says.

"Knowledge of a rape that occurred".

Was Morrison hiding in the cupboard watching?

Go on, share with us the knowledge that you have that we don't and which hasn't been reported. Has the alleged un-named perpetrator signed a written confession ?

If you don't have that, doesn't it go towards your credibility and honesty?
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:07 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Here’s a story in today’s Herald Sun,you know,that biased left wing paper that is always so unfair to conservative governments.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/incredible-courage-grace-tame-weighs-in-on-brittany-higgins-rape-allegations/news-story/026ae0497936f44b0a6404319c927368

It seems that Morrison has already changed his story about his knowledge of the alleged rape a couple of times already.First he said his office knew of it back in April 2019,now he claims that they didn’t know of it until this month.And the text messages mentioned in this article suggest that his office did know of the incident shortly after it occurred.

Of course people here will say move along,nothing to see here,as they always do.But I think most Australians would like to know if their Prime Minister is lying about his knowledge of a rape that occurred in one of his minister’s office.It goes to his credibility and his honesty,I’m sure most Australians would like to know if they can believe anything he says.

"Knowledge of a rape that occurred".

Was Morrison hiding in the cupboard watching?

Go on, share with us the knowledge that you have that we don't and which hasn't been reported. Has the alleged un-named perpetrator signed a written confession ?

If you don't have that, doesn't it go towards your credibility and honesty?

I’m only repeating what was written in that article,so don’t shoot the messenger just because you don’t like the message.If you’re uncomfortable with what was written there,then that’s your problem not mine.Knowledge of the alleged rape means that someone told you about it,not that you were actually there witnessing it.What a silly point you’re trying to make.

Last edited by doriswilgus on Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:14 pm

The story is paywalled. I don't read that paper, but I very much doubt that it would have said that a rape occurred. More likely that is your opinion.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:20 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on her motivations.

Having just resigned, her behaviour will endear her only to a minority of employers. It may be that she is just pissed off at how the believes/perceives she's been treated and her motivation is as simple as retribution and cause maximum damage but I always assume in cases like this that there is a financial motivation until proven otherwise.

Some people actually think she did the Project interview for nothing...
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:34 pm

The story is paywalled. I don't read that paper, but I very much doubt that it would have said that a rape occurred. More likely that is your opinion.

The story said alleged rape.I should have said alleged rape instead of rape.That was the only mistake I made.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:01 pm

^

It's actually a quite good factual article, short of the hand wringing and emotive clap trap some seem to prefer.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:33 pm

doriswilgus wrote:

The story said alleged rape.I should have said alleged rape instead of rape.That was the only mistake I made.

Your mistake was probably caused by the politician in parliament a couple of days ago, seeking to make a name for herself as well as political mileage, and using parliamentary privilege, to say that rape occurred.

If you repeat an opinion or a lie often enough some people are duped into treating it as fact.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:45 pm

^

I missed that, that's really poor darts. Too many people using this woman for political mileage

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:48 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on her motivations.

Having just resigned, her behaviour will endear her only to a minority of employers. It may be that she is just pissed off at how the believes/perceives she's been treated and her motivation is as simple as retribution and cause maximum damage but I always assume in cases like this that there is a financial motivation until proven otherwise.

Some people actually think she did the Project interview for nothing...

Do you have any evidence to the contrary? If not, I'd be very careful in making such assertions, because implying that she's only talking publicly about being raped because she's getting paid for it is an extraordinary (and quite possibly defamatory) accusation otherwise.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:01 pm

The media pay for everything so it would be extraordinary if she wasn’t.

Some people take that as condoning what happened which is miles from the truth, but what motivates someone to go on the Project to do an interview instead of going to the police? The police interview would be going after the person actually responsible whilst the media route is going after the entire government for what she perceived happened in the aftermath which to me is 2 very different issues obviously connected
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:18 pm

^

She actually went to News Limited first where their journo broke the story, then I don't know whether she approached The Project or they approached her. Generally when these pseudo current affairs programs go seeking an interview, they have their cheque book with them.

Regardless, getting paid for the story would hardly be motivation for going public in the first place, it would just be icing

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:31 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
The media pay for everything so it would be extraordinary if she wasn’t.

Some people take that as condoning what happened which is miles from the truth, but what motivates someone to go on the Project to do an interview instead of going to the police? The police interview would be going after the person actually responsible whilst the media route is going after the entire government for what she perceived happened in the aftermath which to me is 2 very different issues obviously connected

It's certainly not true that the media always does – as Stui says, some of the commercial current affairs shows do it a lot, but I don't believe it's a universal practice and am not sure how often The Project do it. It's entirely plausible to me that someone in her situation wouldn't have taken (or been offered) any money for the interview.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:45 pm

doriswilgus wrote:

Your mistake was probably caused by the politician in parliament a couple of days ago, seeking to make a name for herself as well as political mileage, and using parliamentary privilege, to say that rape occurred.

If you repeat an opinion or a lie often enough some people are duped into treating it as fact.

It was just an oversight on my part.Sometimes I said alleged rape and sometimes I said rape by not really checking what I wrote.It has nothing to do with whatever someone said in the parliament.
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:35 pm

I've heard a few people in the media say rape, instead of alleged rape a few times, and I thought it was odd.

An aside, if someone is convicted of a crime and they appeal it are they still entitled to the presumption of innocence?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:44 pm

^

I'd suggest that would depend on the grounds of the appeal. In the case of a full retrial then yes, if it's on specific points then I'd think only those are considered

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 4 of 42   

Jump to: