Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Parliament House sexual assault and harassment allegations

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It was very misleading and mischievous of you to say:

"Wheras in the Porter case,the police didn’t even bother to investigate because the poor woman who was allegedly raped had killed herself and was in no position to press charges."
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:53 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
It was very misleading and mischievous of you to say:

"Wheras in the Porter case,the police didn’t even bother to investigate because the poor woman who was allegedly raped had killed herself and was in no position to press charges."

I don’t know what was wrong with that statement.The fact is,the poor woman died before she could press charges against Porter.We will never know what she would have done,had she not killed herself.It’s quite common for victims of sexual assault to change their mind about pressing charges later down the track when they feel strong enough to do so.It’s quite possible that this woman would have done the same,but as I said,we will never know what she would have done because of her untimely death.Importantly,she never retracted her accusation against Porter,and that’s the real issue here.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:23 pm

It doesn't really matter, now. Porter's career is done and dusted.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:39 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

That’s certainly true.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:16 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

is that a good thing? Someone's career can be ended by trial by media without ever being charged let alone found guilty in any tribunal?

I would have thought not

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:17 pm

It’s not trial by media. What’s made it worse is he and the Scotty from Marketing were being too clever by half: using schoolboy debating tactics. He and the PM knew a long time ago about this but their smart Alec way of dealing with the inevitable questions made it so much worse.

As a rule no one’s career should be finished because of allegations however for the Australian public it is a very good thing that Porter is politically finished. We need an independent ICAC at a federal level for all pollies and for all parties with power. He actively fought against this. In addition his industrial relations policies were so anti worker that he made Lang Hancock seem reasonable. So politically that is a gain for Australia while individually it is not right as such. However, one can’t have question marks over the highest law officer in the country: more so than a PM

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:45 pm

A new story about why the alleged victim decided not to proceed with her claims against Porter.

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/nsw-police-reveal-why-they-never-interviewed-christian-porter/news-story/62cdc23395063ef1124c2bf6641c8822

It seems that the poor woman did want to make a statement to the police about the alleged rape,and was prepared to do so via Skype or on the phone,but the police refused to allow her to do that,even though they have taken video statements from other victims in the past.She decided not to proceed with the case when it just got too hard for her and she’d had to wait several months to speak to the police in person.

So much for the claims made here that her decision not to proceed with the case just days before she killed herself somehow exonerates Porter and gives him the all clear.There are still many questions in this case that need to be answered.

Last edited by doriswilgus on Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:57 pm

Who here has claimed that Porter was exonerated?

There are a myriad of reasons for why police do not take statements by video, especially in cases as serious as this. One of the main reasons being that if they pursue a matter they want to do it properly, and not give the accused a whole host of arguments that he would otherwise not be able to raise in relation to the veracity of the statement.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:10 pm

You are wrong on the facts of the Porter case.
The police did not investigate because after speaking to the police over many months, the woman did not make a statement to the police. Not only that, but before committing suicide she is reported to have advised the police that she would not be proceeding.
It wasn't that she was in no position to proceed, she could have, but chose not to.

These are your own words.You said the woman chose not to make a statement to the police,yet it’s clear from the story I just posted that she did want to make a statement to the police via video,but wasn’t allowed to.She waited at least three months before she changed her mind about making that statement.It’s pretty clear that the stress of waiting so long to make a
her statement got to her in the end,and that’s why she decided not to proceed with the case before tragically taking her own life.It’s not as cut and dried as you are making it out to be.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:24 pm

Where did I say that Porter was exonerated?

If you are going to discuss something, try and remember what you are discussing.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:34 pm

Where did I say that Porter was exonerated?

If you are going to discuss something, try and remember what you are discussing.

Obviously you didn’t use the word exonerate,but that’s just nit picking on your part.The whole tenor of your argument is well,the woman didn’t make a statement to the poiice( I just posted an article that explained
why she didn’t)And well,she decided not to press charges( which is also explained in the article) so there’s nothing to see here,move along,end of story.So if you’re having trouble remembering what we’re discussing here,then I suggest you go back and read some of your own posts.They’re very instructive about how you think.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:41 pm

How I think?

Do you mean, having some knowledge of how the legal system works whereas you do not?

You seem to be having some trouble comprehending that in the absence of a signed statement from the victim, and in the absence of corroborating evidence, the prospects of a conviction for a historical rape are extremely remote?

Do you for some reason think that I am a supporter of Porter? If you do, you are mistaken.

It is very hard having a discussion with you though when you post something and then 5 minutes later you can't recall what you have posted.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:57 pm

How I think?

Do you mean, having some knowledge of how the legal system works whereas you do not?

You seem to be having some trouble comprehending that in the absence of a signed statement from the victim, and in the absence of corroborating evidence, the prospects of a conviction for a historical rape are extremely remote?

Do you for some reason think that I am a supporter of Porter? If you do, you are mistaken.

It is very hard having a discussion with you though when you post something and then 5 minutes later you can't recall what you have posted.

Oh,what condescending male entitled rubbish.I don’t have any trouble remembering what I posted five minutes before.That’s just a childish attack on me.You just didn’t like the fact that I quoted a post from you that you found difficult to defend or justify.Don’t bother quoting me again,or responding to any of my posts,I’m really not interested in anything you have to say.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:02 pm

We both know that you don't mean that because in 5 minutes you will have forgotten that you said it.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:04 pm

We both know that you don't mean that because in 5 minutes you will have forgotten that you said it.
Ha ha,another childish attack.How old are you?Five?Where’s the ignore button when you need it?I am serious about this mods.I am sick of this person stalking me and misrepresenting everything I say here.

Last edited by doriswilgus on Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 30 of 42   

Jump to: