Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Parliament House sexual assault and harassment allegations

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That's actually pretty funny. Laughing
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:59 pm

This is pretty damning and does suggest that – not particularly unexpectedly – Morrison is saying one thing and doing another when it comes to this case:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/feb/18/its-gross-brittany-higgins-says-if-scott-morrisons-office-is-briefing-against-her-it-must-stop

Quote:
Higgins spoke to Guardian Australia in the wake of comments on Thursday morning by the Network Ten political editor, Peter Van Onselen, alleging that the prime minister’s office was deliberately backgrounding journalists to smear Higgins’ now partner.

This backgrounding, Van Onselen said, was designed to suggest Higgins’ partner held a gripe against the government due to his experience as a former public servant.

“The internals are just shocking … I can let your listeners know that the prime minister’s office has been backgrounding that her partner, her now partner, has a vendetta, or a gripe might be the better way to put it, against the government because of him being a former public servant,” Van Onselen told the ABC.

“That might not technically be victim blaming, but I tell you what, it is grubby.”

Trying to discredit her behind the scenes erases any good will that Morrison may have otherwise scored, even from those who might otherwise be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:07 pm

The Guardian as a legitimate news source is slightly above The Beetrooter advocat and below the national enquirer.

I've read nothing on real news sources to justify WPTs self masturbatory posts.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:58 pm

The story in the Guardian claims that Peter Van Onselen,a conservative commentator,made the claim that Morrison’s office was back grounding against the alleged rape victim’s partner,the Guardian didn’t actually make those claims itself.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:56 pm

PVO hates the Morrison government
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:14 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
The story in the Guardian claims that Peter Van Onselen,a conservative commentator,made the claim that Morrison’s office was back grounding against the alleged rape victim’s partner,the Guardian didn’t actually make those claims itself.

I don't click on Guardian links, i figure if it's real news I'll find it on a real news site. Feel free to post a link.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:54 pm

stui magpie wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

I don't click on Guardian links, i figure if it's real news I'll find it on a real news site. Feel free to post a link.

What do you consider a real news site?The Herald Sun?The Australian?The Daily Telegraph?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:10 pm

stui magpie wrote:
The Guardian as a legitimate news source is slightly above The Beetrooter advocat and below the national enquirer.

I've read nothing on real news sources to justify WPTs self masturbatory posts.

Yawn. Denial is not a river in Egypt.

Putting fingers in your ears and yelling out is not a way do deal with reality.

Your mate the little turd happy clappy Scotty from Marketing is up to his neck in this.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:13 pm

doriswilgus wrote:

Indeed.

For the rest of the population it’s under the heading called ‘the bleedin’ obvious’.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:15 pm

David wrote:
That's actually pretty funny. Laughing

It’s pretty good given they coined the term “Scotty from Marketing”

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:25 pm

I'm going to be interested to see how this rape thing plays out. Lots of hysteria from the usuals but little of substance.

I'm struggling with some of her behaviour. Why bring this up now? And publicly?

What does she mean when she says she didn't feel supported? WTF did she want? They took no action against her for the security breach of being in the house at evening when the alleged rapist was effectively sacked for the same thing. She was moved to a different department and would have been offered all the usual support mechanisms, what did she want?

It's up to her to make a complaint to the police, it's up to her to seek medical attention if she's feeling psychological impacts.

I don't understand why anyone cares whether Morrison's office knew about this a while back or not, just seems like the usual crap you'd expect from The Guardian and it's readers, Dan Andrews = can do no wrong, Scott Morrison = evil can do no right. Rolling Eyes

At some point I assume all will become clear when we see what it takes to appease her.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:43 pm

My guess is that it will play out by fizzling out.

The alleged rapist will most likely not be charged with anything. Ms Higgins will have real credibility problems if she pursues criminal charges. Very hard to see a jury convicting.

Whether or not Morrison knew of the allegations is also a non issue. The aftermath of the incident was not something that he should have been involved in, especially as the allegations were not even raised at the initial disciplinary discussion.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:34 pm

Here’s a story in today’s Herald Sun,you know,that biased left wing paper that is always so unfair to conservative governments.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/incredible-courage-grace-tame-weighs-in-on-brittany-higgins-rape-allegations/news-story/026ae0497936f44b0a6404319c927368

It seems that Morrison has already changed his story about his knowledge of the alleged rape a couple of times already.First he said his office knew of it back in April 2019,now he claims that they didn’t know of it until this month.And the text messages mentioned in this article suggest that his office did know of the incident shortly after it occurred.

Of course people here will say move along,nothing to see here,as they always do.But I think most Australians would like to know if their Prime Minister is lying about his knowledge of a rape that occurred in one of his minister’s office.It goes to his credibility and his honesty,I’m sure most Australians would like to know if they can believe anything he says.

Last edited by doriswilgus on Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:34 pm

^
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on her motivations.

Having just resigned, her behaviour will endear her only to a minority of employers. It may be that she is just pissed off at how the believes/perceives she's been treated and her motivation is as simple as retribution and cause maximum damage but I always assume in cases like this that there is a financial motivation until proven otherwise.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:39 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Here’s a story in today’s Herald Sun,you know,that biased left wing paper that is always so unfair to conservative governments.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/incredible-courage-grace-tame-weighs-in-on-brittany-higgins-rape-allegations/news-story/026ae0497936f44b0a6404319c927368

It seems that Morrison has already changed his story about his knowledge of the alleged rape a couple of times already.First he said his office knew of it back in April 2019,now he claims that they didn’t know of it until this month.And the text messages mentioned in this article suggest that his office did know of the incident shortly after it occurred.

Of course people here will say move along,nothing to see here,as they always do.But I think most Australians would like to know if their Prime Minister is lying about his knowledge of a rape that occurred in one of his minister’s office.It goes to his credibility and his honesty,I’m sure most Australians would like to know if they can believe anything he says.

The whole story was orginally broken by a News Limited journo. That's what good journalism is about. Wink Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 3 of 42   

Jump to: