Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Vale "Katie"

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:29 pm
Post subject: Vale "Katie"Reply with quote

Katie wasn't known for her guitar riffs, nor her influence on humanity per se however she was Mrs WPT's feline link to her late mother (My Mother In law was never on time)

Katie was born in Bendigo and as a kitten, she was in the Bendigo RSPCA before being adopted by Mrs WPT's parents when she lived in Boort for about 4 years. When they had to go to an Aged Care Facility we took Katie who for 9 months lived in the front room: anxious, scared and had never seen a dog before. Leo our then inquisitve Labradoodle while having lived with cats who put him in his place, had a stand off relationship with Katie in her formative years.

We had Katie for 12 years (moreover she had us) and she had the run of the house but was quite frail in the end till she had to go to the great cattery in the sky earlier today.

As the Great Kinky Freidman once said:

"People may surprise you with unexpected kindness. Dogs have a depth of loyalty that often we seem unworthy of. But the love of a cat is a blessing, a privilege in this world"

Vale Katie

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss of Katie. Pets have a way of being honest and loyal. Get home late from the pub and you might get an earful but your pet is happy to see you. They don;t judge you on perceived infractions or issues beyond your control. My parents are elderly and without the dog and cat I doubt they would have lived as long.

Chin up WPT and perhaps wait a few weeks and go and rescue another critter.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:41 pm

Very sorry to read that, wpt.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:50 pm

ronrat wrote:
Sorry for your loss of Katie. Pets have a way of being honest and loyal. Get home late from the pub and you might get an earful but your pet is happy to see you. They don;t judge you on perceived infractions or issues beyond your control. My parents are elderly and without the dog and cat I doubt they would have lived as long.

Chin up WPT and perhaps wait a few weeks and go and rescue another critter.

Cheers RR

We are well accommodated with cats. When my oldest was in Sidanee a while ago I said don’t get any pets: you’re young, mobile, working long hours and they cost a fair bit to maintain. She listened to Mrs WPT and got not just one cat but two (sisters) FFS. She then gets redeployed as it were to Melbourne and for a few months lived with us. She then goes back to Sydney via Geelong for a year but her cats are now living with us 🙄. They’ve been cooped up in a room coz they used to pick on Katie. As of today they have the run of the house.

In the words of the great Kinky Friedman:

“I rarely meddled in the cat’s personal affairs and she rarely meddled in mine. Neither of us were foolish enough to attribute human emotions to our pets”

Last edited by watt price tully on Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:28 am

Awww bugger mate, hugs. Animals are better humans than humans, cheers
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:19 am

Sorry to hear, WPT. Condolences to all of you.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:58 pm

Thanks P4S, TP and David.

In further great words from the Kingster:

“Finding a cat or a cat finding you can change your world as much as marriage, divorce, love, death or even winning the lottery can, and sometimes more”😊

Then again the Kingster did say:

“On the whole I prefer cats to women because cats seldom if ever use the term relationship” 😳🤦‍♀️

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:30 pm

These are great quotes WPT. Both humorous and true!!!

I trapped a feral six month old kitten and through working my butt off and trying to accommodate him in every way (including giving him one half of the house to call his own), we have made great progress. He has conversations with me all the time and flops on the floor so I can give him all over massages. Smile The next big step is getting him and the five dogs comfortable being in each other's presence. A formidable step Smile. In a similar situation to you, one of those dogs is a "leftover" from my daughter!

My sincere condolences to you on the loss of Katie. Losing a loved pet is really tough. I'm with TP in that life has taught me that pets are far more agreeable companions than most humans!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: