Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Normal Service Resumed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Tell me you wrote that tongue in cheek. You just perfectly described WPT and co.

No,I was talking about your pal,the one with the boxing gloves.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:02 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
^ The basic distinction between allegations of pork-barreling, on the one hand, and allegations of straight-out bribery, on the other hand, does seem to elude some of our brethren.

That’s a great point,actually.The rightists here,and I think we know who I’m talking about,are so fanatically loyal to their side of politics they just won’t hear of criticism of their side,no matter what’s involved..It doesn’t matter what crimes their side of politics commit,there’s always a deflection to the other side,a look over there,look over there,nothing to see here.

The problem is just because the ALP have spent the majority of the last 25 years in opposition their dwindling band of fanatical supporters need to find anything and everything to bitch about. Today it’s pork barrelling, something that’s been extremely common in politics for a long time but now because they can’t remember the last time the ALP was in power, they’ve decided to claim it’s now completely unacceptable and the biggest crime of all.

Hell they ran a cartoon last year claiming Sports Rorts was the biggest disaster of 2020 and Victoria’s second wave just a molehill...Then you say the right are too quick to defend and ignore all faults?

800 dead, hundreds of thousands out of work, that’s nothing because the government gave $100 million to deserving grassroots sports clubs but poor Albos local polo club missed out...
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:22 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
^ The basic distinction between allegations of pork-barreling, on the one hand, and allegations of straight-out bribery, on the other hand, does seem to elude some of our brethren.

That’s a great point,actually.The rightists here,and I think we know who I’m talking about,are so fanatically loyal to their side of politics they just won’t hear of criticism of their side,no matter what’s involved..It doesn’t matter what crimes their side of politics commit,there’s always a deflection to the other side,a look over there,look over there,nothing to see here.

The problem is just because the ALP have spent the majority of the last 25 years in opposition their dwindling band of fanatical supporters need to find anything and everything to bitch about. Today it’s pork barrelling, something that’s been extremely common in politics for a long time but now because they can’t remember the last time the ALP was in power, they’ve decided to claim it’s now completely unacceptable and the biggest crime of all.

Hell they ran a cartoon last year claiming Sports Rorts was the biggest disaster of 2020 and Victoria’s second wave just a molehill...Then you say the right are too quick to defend and ignore all faults?

800 dead, hundreds of thousands out of work, that’s nothing because the government gave $100 million to deserving grassroots sports clubs but poor Albos local polo club missed out...

Oh so now governments don’t have to be accountable for the money they spend?They can spend it on whatever they like,without offering any sort of accountability?I’m sure you’d be singing a very different song if a labor government rorted the system to their advantage the way this government has.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:47 pm

I live in an area that has been ignored by the state government for most of this century because it was a Liberal seat.

Now suddenly it’s gone Labor and money is being thrown at it like never before, it’s just the reality of politics.

But it’s not like their just spending hundreds of millions to satisfy the people who got them elected, they’re giving money to deserving sports clubs. Just cos Albos local polo club missed out doesn’t mean the PM needs to resign. Especially when the same people wanting his resignation are defending the Premier responsible for Victoria’s second deadly wave.

Who’s have thought that playing politics with grant money was a bigger issue than hundreds of people dying and hundreds of thousands being forced to go to Centrelink whilst the premier gives himself a massive pay rise and claims ‘I understand and know how you all feel”
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:34 pm

No one is saying that it’s a bigger issue than the coronavirus,but it is an issue that needs to be addressed.All governments need to be held to account for their actions and for their spending,and that applies to both sides of the fence,whether it’s Labor or Liberal.They all need to to be held to account and scrutinised for the decisions they make while in government.

In Dutton’s case he gave an $880,000 grant to a group,which gave a $1500 donation to the LNP just 8 days before,which he was the main benificiary of.It’s clearly a conflict of interest case and one of potential bribery that needs to be investigated,The ABC or any other media organisation is perfectly entitled to ask these questions,because we’re talking about taxpayers’ money here,not Liberal party money.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:12 pm

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/dutton-spent-36-000-on-vip-chartered-flights-for-grants-announcement-20210214-p572cj.html

I suppose it could get funnier - but it's harder to see how.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:35 am

Quality reporting, doesn't say how much Shortens trip cost, guess that wouldn't suit the article.

I wonder how much Victorian taxpayers pay for their Premier to take VIP flights to visit his mother?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:17 am

^ I see how it could get funnier, now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: