Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Normal Service Resumed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

"Primary vote" is irrelevant to almost everything. The final vote (after preference distribution) is the ONLY vote that counts.

As you say, however, just being the worker's party won't win government these days. This is Labor's problem: does it represent the people it was founded for and by? Or does it shaft them and go looking for votes from anyone and anywhere?

The party is divided on this question. I am firmly on the "Do one job, do it properly" train. A labour party must represent labour interests, first and always. That is what it is for and it should stick to it, never prostitute itself for extra votes.

If you don't stick to what you are there for, you might as well not be there at all.

For exactly the same reasons, the Greens should stick to biodiversity above all else and not faff about with trendy fad things. And the Liberals should stick to representing big corporations and shonky businessmen to the exclusion of all else. Oh wait ... they already do.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:59 pm

hah, i disagree.

No way can labor abandon it's origins but it doesn't need to nor shaft it's traditional base to diversify its approach.

Union membership in Australia has declined from 45% of workers to 14% since 1986. https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/labour/earnings-and-work-hours/trade-union-membership/latest-release

They need to broaden their appeal or risk disappearing up their own fundament in a few generations, replaced by the Greens

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:36 pm

So basically it’s ok for Labor to enact policies that suit its donors but it’s corruption for the LNP to do the same. Gotcha

Also love the line you don’t like it, vote for someone else. Yeah that’s a great one, maybe consider it yourself next time you want to complain endlessly about the Federal Government. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean the majority of Australians don’t either.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:53 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
So basically it’s ok for Labor to enact policies that suit its donors but it’s corruption for the LNP to do the same. Gotcha.

Utter garbage Eddie, even by your standards that is stupid.

Labor campaigns for and represents the interests of its members and supporters - workers, unions, and others. Nothing underhand, nothing dishonest, all above board. Union contributions to the cause are public, official, fully disclosed, and determined democratically by the membership. They are, by and large, regular annual subscriptions.

Dutton, on the other hand, handed out government money - close to a million dollars of it - in exchange for a secret bribe only discovered and publicised a few days ago. Worse, Dutton is pretending that it wasn't a bribe.

I challenge you to show evidence of corruption of any similar kind on the other side of the house. Show Labor (or the Greens) handing out public taxpayer funds in exchange for a bribe the same way that Dutton did.

Put up or shut up.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:34 pm

If I had the access to every record like the ABC has there would probably be plenty. That’s why I originally asked if the ABC were going to do the same forensic accounting of every dollar spent by Labor governments? I suspect not...

But if you agree its ok to spend a billion dollars to cancel a contract simply because it wasn’t awarded to a union approved builder is in the public’s best interests or to completely overhaul the states fire services to hand complete control to the union then good on you.

But of course spending public money to keep unions happy is ok, spending public money on the businesses that employ those workers, big no no!!!

Let’s not forget Marshall said there was back room promises that Dan would deliver these reforms and hand control to the union if they engaged in a media campaign of complete lies and provided hundreds of helpers to work for Dans election campaign as well as plenty of funds. But that’s all fine cos unions good, business bad...
ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:09 pm

Did Dutton use Ros Kellys whiteboard, ?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:20 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:09 pm

ronrat wrote:
Did Dutton use Ros Kellys whiteboard, ?

RR that’s the point. She went. That’s called accountability and ministerial responsibility. The scumbag Scotty from Marketing wouldn’t know what accountability is even if his usual advisers Hillsong and the Fossil Fuel industry told him.

This government has continued on and been much much worse than any other Government with respect to the lack of accountability and ministerial standards.

The link by P4S is merely the tip of the iceberg. Scotty from Marketing can get away with it because of the pandemic at the moment. The scale of the misspending and rorts is unprecedented (and I’m understating it).

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/why-peter-dutton-has-questions-to-answer-over-grants-20210211-p571p2.html

How good are Rorts eh 😉

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:47 pm

The Sports Minister was sacked and still people complain no one has ever been held accountable in the Morrison government and think Sports Rorts was the biggest scandal in Australian history.

Wasn't even the biggest issue in 2020, but you'd never know there was a pandemic if you only listen to the leftards.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:53 pm

You can’t be that thick, surely? She took the fall for the PM. The direction came from the PM’s office. Goodness me.

Scotty from Marketing is doing an excellent job in providing the reason we need a Federal Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) indeed Scotty should be praised for the effort he & his Government have put in to mount so many arguments the establishment of an ICAC. Credit where credit is due.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:39 am

That's the pot calling the kettle black! You remember your comments about how great Dan was for throwing his health minister under the bus? That was great leadership according to your warped view and yet a real investigation not run by the Victorian Government's own lawyers found what we all knew, Dan made the calls, not the Minister for Health...

I love the fact a Premier can cost hundreds of thousands their jobs, their livelihoods, see to the death of over 800 people and lockdown an entire state for 4 months all due to his incompetence and you praise him.

Yet you want a Prime Minister sacked for his government giving $100 million to deserving sports clubs because some undeserving club in an ALP district missed out on funding...
roar 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:21 am

watt price tully wrote:
You can’t be that thick, surely?

Are you new to these parts?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:25 am

^ The basic distinction between allegations of pork-barreling, on the one hand, and allegations of straight-out bribery, on the other hand, does seem to elude some of our brethren.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:33 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ The basic distinction between allegations of pork-barreling, on the one hand, and allegations of straight-out bribery, on the other hand, does seem to elude some of our brethren.

That’s a great point,actually.The rightists here,and I think we know who I’m talking about,are so fanatically loyal to their side of politics they just won’t hear of criticism of their side,no matter what’s involved..It doesn’t matter what crimes their side of politics commit,there’s always a deflection to the other side,a look over there,look over there,nothing to see here.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:38 pm

Tell me you wrote that tongue in cheek. You just perfectly described WPT and co.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: