Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Biden presidency and 2024 election campaign

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yes, obviously - but I can't give the polling results for 2022, yet.
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:24 pm

I know. But the polls won't mean much until people have had a chance to see what kind of job Biden has done. It's still all ahead of him with covid and the economic recovery.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:50 pm

Well, yes and no. One has to know where they start to assess the trends.

If you have a look at the approval comparison with past presidents and set it to 27 days (or whatever the current figures happens to be when you look) you will see that he's tracking fairly typically for a first-term president (roughly the same as Clinton and the second Bush), behind Obama and way ahead of Trump.

Moreover, if you flip it and look at net approval, you will see that the approval/disapproval gap for Biden is +17.3%, whereas for Trump it was -5.6%. Biden's popularity has improved slightly since day 1, whereas Trump started very slightly net positive but just tailed off gradually and never reached a net positive approval rating again. Net approval is interesting because it allows for the effect of people who couldn't care less. Biden, at this stage, looks to be both viewed more favourably than Trump and to be a less polarizing figure - we probably expected that but it's interesting that the figures tend to confirm it.
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:13 pm

Interesting comparisons. But I think Biden has continued to go under the radar with all the attention staying on Trump after the riot and impeachment. Looking forward to seeing what happens once Trump drops off and Biden is judged on his merits.

Last edited by Sicks Bux on Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:30 pm

It seems that "Biden" and "enlightenment" won't be used in the same sentence again, unless the word "no" is included.

I almost choked on my lunch when I read that he suggested that China’s Uighur genocide is part of ‘different cultural norms’.
roar 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:35 pm

I didn't expect much but that is extremely disappointing.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:24 pm

roar wrote:
I didn't expect much but that is extremely disappointing.

No, this was blown up by the Murdoch Media.

They took out a line or lines of his response which was to look it at from China’s perspective. He doesn’t agree with it nor condone it.

He goes on to say “China will pay for human rights abuses”
all over China.

Murdoch went with a headline without the context. It is a mischievous and misleading headline. Who’d a thunk that the Murdoch Press could do such a thing 😳

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:58 am

Biden breaks major campaign promise: https://lawandcrime.com/immigration/bidens-new-ice-guidance-completely-backtracks-from-100-day-deportation-moratorium-promise-expands-enforcement-priorities/
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:58 am

It didn't take long.
They've just bombed Syria.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:33 pm

Kamala Harris' comments from last time the US bombed Syria, under the previous administration, are below. Not a word from her this time. Just another useless self serving opportunist, like every one that came before her.

“I strongly support our men and women in uniform and believe we must hold Assad accountable for his unconscionable use of chemical weapons. But I am deeply concerned about the legal rationale of last night’s strikes,” Ms Harris said at the time.

“The president needs to lay out a comprehensive strategy in Syria in consultation with Congress — and he needs to do it now.”
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:17 pm

^ Is this what constitutes a return to normality?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:18 pm

We all know the keys to politics is to be able to fake sincerity and ignore blatant hypocrisy.

Pile on the opposition at every opportunity but when your own team does the same thing it's either somehow different or "Oooooh look, bright shiny thing"

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:27 pm

This was an attack on terrorist groups who have been attacking US forces in Iraq,not an attack on Syria the country.Quite a big difference.You don’t think that the U.S has the right to defend itself when its forces have been attacked by terrorists?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:41 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
This was an attack on terrorist groups who have been attacking US forces in Iraq,not an attack on Syria the country.Quite a big difference.You don’t think that the U.S has the right to defend itself when its forces have been attacked by terrorists?

Iranian-backed militias are fighting alongside Assad, who are fighting Sunni jihadist groups.

The US shouldn't even be involved in the conflict.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:02 pm

Quote:
United States President Joe Biden has directed the US military to conduct airstrikes in eastern Syria against facilities belonging to what it says were Iran-backed militia.

The Pentagon confirmed the strike, which was a calibrated response to rocket attacks against US targets in Iraq.

The move appeared to be limited in scope, potentially lowering the risk of escalation.

Also a decision to strike only in Syria and not in Iraq would give the Iraqi government some breathing room as it carries out its own investigation of a February 15 attack that wounded Americans.

A US official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the decision to carry out these strikes was meant to send a signal that while the US wanted to punish the militias, it did not want the situation to spiral into a bigger conflict.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-26/us-carries-out-airstrike-against-iranian-backed-militia-target/13196358
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 5 of 34   

Jump to: