Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Biden presidency and 2024 election campaign

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
^

Actually it wasn't always that way. Lincoln was Republican, albeit the party was rebadged for that election under the name National Union party.

I think most people know by now that from their formation through to the early twentieth century, the Republicans were the more socially progressive of the two major parties, and still were in certain respects right up until the 1960s. It may be putting it bluntly, but it's also just true that since then they have been the party of choice for right-wing racists – and any attempt to deny that, or to point to Civil War-era party policies as evidence of the opposite (as many Republican-supporting culture warriors like to do), is just obfuscation.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:38 am

The Republican Party needs to be rebadged as the KKK.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:48 am

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Actually it wasn't always that way. Lincoln was Republican, albeit the party was rebadged for that election under the name National Union party.

I think most people know by now that from their formation through to the early twentieth century, the Republicans were the more socially progressive of the two major parties, and still were in certain respects right up until the 1960s. It may be putting it bluntly, but it's also just true that since then they have been the party of choice for right-wing racists – and any attempt to deny that, or to point to Civil War-era party policies as evidence of the opposite (as many Republican-supporting culture warriors like to do), is just obfuscation.

Not trying to deny it at all, just pointing out that they weren't always the party Culprit alluded to. I don't know what happened to them but yeah, they took a fork in the road sometime after WWII and headed Right and now they're the natural home of the right wing nut jobs.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:02 pm

^^That was the case, they are not now and History means nothing. If you just look at the past 10 years they are Right Wing Religious Fruit Loops. Australia was going down that path with the Pentecostal Minister for Everything. The Liberal Party in Victoria is in the Religious cycle at the moment.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:34 pm

This is surely a winning campaign slogan:

"Biden's brain is ageing, Trump's is dementing" Laughing

Quote:
Dr. John Gartner on a tale of two brains: "Biden's brain is aging. Trump's brain is dementing. This is a fundamental breakdown in the ability to use language," the renowned mental health expert says of Trump.

https://www.salon.com/2024/02/23/dr-john-gartner-on-a-tale-of-two-brains-bidens-brain-is-aging-brain-is-dementing/

Expect to see #DementiaDonald overtake #DiaperDonnie in the hashtag stakes:

Quote:
#TrumpIsNotWell Trends On X, He ‘Needs A Psychiatric Evaluation’

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/donald-trump-trumpisnotwell-trends-x-001350898.html

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:01 pm

I mean, sure, but that could just as easily be a "stay home and don't bother" slogan. Unfortunately, that's a perennially popular voting decision in the US, and having two weak candidates only provides further (anti-)motivation.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:24 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
It'll make it all the more awkward for Biden when he loses to Trump in November

😝 🤪 🤣

You right wingers are more delusional than Carlscum fans expecting them to be premiers this season 🤓 Poor old Trumpie hasn’t got a hope in hell!

Apart from your wishful thinking, not sure why you think he's no chance. That seems different to pretty much every poll.

I was just making a comment based on my logical reasoning that historically, these polls have the two parties very close just before the election. I still believe that there is some honour left in decent right wingers who are appalled at Trump’s recaltricent antics and will not lower themselves into voting for this embarrassing egotistical idiot again. However I could be totally wrong in thinking that this will happen but my gut feeling says that it will.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:09 am

Pleased to see Moderate Malcolm speak plainly of Trump's adoration for Putin:

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/-really-creepy-former-australian-pm-on-trump-s-admiration-for-putin-205094981921

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:16 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

😝 🤪 🤣

You right wingers are more delusional than Carlscum fans expecting them to be premiers this season 🤓 Poor old Trumpie hasn’t got a hope in hell!

Apart from your wishful thinking, not sure why you think he's no chance. That seems different to pretty much every poll.

I was just making a comment based on my logical reasoning that historically, these polls have the two parties very close just before the election. I still believe that there is some honour left in decent right wingers who are appalled at Trump’s recaltricent antics and will not lower themselves into voting for this embarrassing egotistical idiot again. However I could be totally wrong in thinking that this will happen but my gut feeling says that it will.

But given voting is not compulsory, the real question you’d have to ask, is there enough people motivated to actually vote for Biden to secure victory.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:55 pm

eddiesmith wrote:

But given voting is not compulsory, the real question you’d have to ask, is there enough people motivated to actually vote for Biden to secure victory.

And that is the reason why Trump may well win. Because it is not worth the effort to brave the freezing US late November fall to vote for a man who agrees with genocide, who will stop at nothing to maintain and escalate the war against Russia, who adopts the same policies as Trump in regard to immigrants, and who has intervened into industrial disputes in order to impose savage real wage cuts to workers.
Trump may well win by default.
When you are offered two choices: to die by nuclear holocaust, or to die under the repression of a fascist dictator, ultimately many may choose not to make a choice at all.
And that means, that the choice will be made for them.
Unless an alternative political perspective emerges.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:01 am

13% of Democrat primary voters in Michigan – over 100,000 in total – voted "uncommitted" instead of for Joe Biden, in protest of his support of Israel:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/feb/28/michigan-uncommitted-vote-biden-israel-support

I suspect this is a bigger problem for him than most previously acknowledged, particularly among Muslim voters whom he might have previously been able to count on in November.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:30 am

Latest odds
Trump $1.83
Sleepy Joe $2

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:47 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

😝 🤪 🤣

Very pertinent comment ES. One cannot depend on those lazy centre left fools to make sure that the geriatric guy wins. Choosing between an absolute bloody moron and a simple bloke entering dementia territory must be a horrible choice for US voters. I’ll pick the likely winner based on Skid’s odds the day before the election as they are usually a very good indicator.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:52 pm

A consolation prize for Nikki Haley, who's still running for some reason:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/04/nikki-haley-secures-first-victory-of-republican-primaries-with-washington-dc-win

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:26 am

SCOTUS puts an end to States trying to disqualify Trump.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 32 of 34   

Jump to: