Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Biden presidency and 2024 election campaign

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jan/28/marjorie-taylor-greene-kevin-mccarthy-republicans-house-committee

Quote:
The Georgian congresswoman, who has suggested Jewish space lasers are responsible for wildfires, speculated whether 9/11 was a hoax and supported the QAnon conspiracy theory, was part of a new wave of Trumpian Republicans and was mocked, ridiculed and reviled in equal measure – including by some in her own party.

But in 2023, Greene is now firmly on her way to becoming one of the senior figures in the Republican party. She has become a favorite, and key ally, of Kevin McCarthy, the new House speaker, and preparing to take up assignments on some of Congress’s most prominent committees.

We can't just keep dismissing these people as fruitcakes - they are eminently electable, it seems. Not "fringe nutters" but coming to be the Republican core, now.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:22 pm

Kamala Harris resigns.

Quote:
White House says Joe Biden had cancerous tissue removed

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/white-house-says-joe-biden-had-cancerous-tissue-removed-20230304-p5cpct.html

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:04 pm

^

Took me a while to get the Harris reference.

Got me buggered how someone who spends their life indoors in the USA can get skin cancer at all. Sun seems to have no bite to it in the USA.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:13 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Kamala Harris resigns.

🤨
At the risk of pissing off some posters, I think having someone from a different heritage background is a breath of fresh air irrespective of the party they belong to. I might be wrong but I think that part of her extended family originated from Jaffna in northern Sri Lanka. The world continues to grow with numerous multicultural societies and cultures. In some circumstances, this has caused some problems. However this is mostly a good thing, especially here in Australia. Having leaders from different backgrounds is a good thing.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:10 am

The cackler is the worst VP ever.

Quote:
Kamala is what happens when you choose people for key roles not according to their ability, experience or acumen, but according to their gender or skin colour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPaBR3GNVe4

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:48 am

With all due respect, I agree to strongly disagree. This is an age old, tired tactic of the Right putting down a successful winner from the Left, using gender and skin colour as a reason for their win. I think it’s bloody offensive and disparaging reason or excuse to consider. As a coloured person, I can tell you straight that all my achievements have been due to hard work, efforts, constantly high standards and skills, not due to them feeling sorry for me or whatever due to the colour of my skin. I have never had a chip on my shoulder to think that my success was anything to do about being dark skinned. I believe that it’s the same with Kamala.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:22 am

That's interesting that you take a comment about one person and then generalise it - which is basically what the left do. If I don't like a gay person, then according to the left, I am a homophobe. If I don't like a coloured person, I must be racist. This is the logic the left use to try and dominate any discussion.

Nothing of what Rita said is about you, or any other person - but you have used the left's defence. If anyone criticises Kamala, then they are racists (as she is coloured) and sexist (as she is a woman).
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:37 am

lazzadesilva wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Kamala Harris resigns.

🤨
At the risk of pissing off some posters, I think having someone from a different heritage background is a breath of fresh air irrespective of the party they belong to. I might be wrong but I think that part of her extended family originated from Jaffna in northern Sri Lanka. The world continues to grow with numerous multicultural societies and cultures. In some circumstances, this has caused some problems. However this is mostly a good thing, especially here in Australia. Having leaders from different backgrounds is a good thing.

Don’t worry about whatever… they are just channelling the rabid right and other Fox News in the US. You’re 100% on the money albeit too polite.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:51 pm

Look like the criminal Trump is going to be indicted this week for the Stormy Daniels hush money,the first of many indictments,no doubt.What a disgrace that man is.But hey let’s run down Kamala Harris instead,it’s a good distraction,isn’t it?

Last edited by doriswilgus on Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:52 pm

Kamala Harris is as useless a VP as Trump was a President. What they have in common was that both were elected for the wrong reasons and the results show.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:04 pm

Two things can be true. Trump and Harris are in completely different ballparks in terms of corruption and incompetence, but just because he’s a moron and a criminal it doesn’t mean we can’t also poke fun at her. I can’t say I’ve ever been particularly impressed with Harris either during her presidential campaign or as Biden’s sidekick, and some of her public statements are genuinely Dan Quayle-esque.

I do note though that VP performance is something people never seemed to care all that much about until now…

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:32 pm

^ I think that's because people are genuinely concerned that Biden won't last the term and the Cackler will become President.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:11 am

doriswilgus wrote:
Look like the criminal Trump is going to be indicted this week for the Stormy Daniels hush money,the first of many indictments,no doubt.What a disgrace that man is.But hey let’s run down Kamala Harris instead,it’s a good distraction,isn’t it?

If this feeble attempt by the NY District Attorney fails, it might propel Trump to victory in 2024.

Trump really is the world's best property mogul. He lives rent free in the head of millions of people. He even has a more than few properties down under.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:43 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

Took me a while to get the Harris reference.

Got me buggered how someone who spends their life indoors in the USA can get skin cancer at all. Sun seems to have no bite to it in the USA.

Probably because on the odd occasion they bare their hidden skin they get it burnt because they don’t wear sun screen.
I remember Vegas mid summer on our honeymoon, there was a waterpark there back then, you could not stop and on the ground without shoes, it was latterly fry an egg hot!

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:00 pm

David wrote:
Two things can be true. Trump and Harris are in completely different ballparks in terms of corruption and incompetence, but just because he’s a moron and a criminal it doesn’t mean we can’t also poke fun at her. I can’t say I’ve ever been particularly impressed with Harris either during her presidential campaign or as Biden’s sidekick, and some of her public statements are genuinely Dan Quayle-esque.

I do note though that VP performance is something people never seemed to care all that much about until now…

As I said,David,all this talk about Kamala Harris is just a distraction from the real game.Trump’s criminality and the likelihood of him being being indicted on serveral different charges in different precincts across the country,

The Kamala Harris bashing is just another example of whataboutism,which is basically all the right has got.They can’t defend Trump with a straight face,so they lash out at figures on the other side to draw attention away from him and the crazies in the Republican Party like Marjorie Taylor Greene etc.It’s just such a transparent tactic.

Last edited by doriswilgus on Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 15 of 34   

Jump to: