Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Let say 2021 starts poorly....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope Bucks has to go regardless had enough of him and his attitude too. Time to go.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:13 am

90 nice wrote:
Nope Bucks has to go regardless had enough of him and his attitude too. Time to go.

Attitude? Please explain!

And the day that Collingwood appoint either Ross Lyon or mongrel Williams as coach will be the day this died in the wool magpie supporter has a break from the game. Regarding Williams, I don’t care If I’m the only oldie here who remembers witnessing the unpalatable sight of a Collingwood captain becoming a mercenary and leaving Collingwood when they really needed him to stay. A mongrel act if ever I have seen one. Still really angry after all these years. Arsehole.🤬😡

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:30 am

Lets put it this way if we were richmond or any other professional outfit bucks would have easily shown the door. We just seam to be hanging onto bucks for no real reason and its a worry.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:55 am

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/01/18/the-concerns-jakovich-has-for-collingwood/
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:06 pm

If Bucks time ran out and hypothetically Eddie was still staying on... I'd actually give Ross Lyon a fairly reasonable chance of becoming our next coach - that being said, with Eddie finishing up, the addition of Graham Wright and a new fresh faced board/president - I very much doubt they'd go for Ross.

The question is will we poach an experienced coach like Clarkson (again I doubt we can pick Clarkson up personally, but having GW now increases the odds imo)? Or will we go for something less established i.e either a great assistant or a more left field approach like Brisbane or Nth Melb?

As for Williams, I actually thought he was a reasonable choice for a club like Nth Melb due to their very young list but I give him no chance at getting down to the pies in the future, at least in a senior role like head coach.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:55 pm

I think he'll be gone after ANZAC Day, as I expect we'll be 1-5 with losses to the Blues and Dons. I reckon we start 0-3, beat GWS and then lose to WCE and Essendon.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:15 pm

Lazza wrote:
90 nice wrote:

And the day that Collingwood appoint either Ross Lyon or mongrel Williams as coach will be the day this died in the wool magpie supporter has a break from the game. Regarding Williams, I don’t care If I’m the only oldie here who remembers witnessing the unpalatable sight of a Collingwood captain becoming a mercenary and leaving Collingwood when they really needed him to stay. A mongrel act if ever I have seen one. Still really angry after all these years. Arsehole.🤬😡

Can you share with us the inside information that you have in relation to Mark Williams' departure? I was always under the impression that he didn't want to go but the club lowballed him on the terms of his new contract and basically forced him out.

https://youtu.be/YNmuOb593C0
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:15 pm

What if we go 5 0 ? Do we give Bucks a contract extension?
What if we end up top 4?
What if we win the GF?

A bit early with the sack Buckley threads

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:50 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Lazza wrote:
90 nice wrote:

Can you share with us the inside information that you have in relation to Mark Williams' departure? I was always under the impression that he didn't want to go but the club lowballed him on the terms of his new contract and basically forced him out.

Another chicken or the egg situation. From what I recall, this was the opposite of the Treloar episode. The club wanted Williams to stay but he chased the money (and the offer of continuing his captaincy) at Brisbane whilst Treloar wanted to stay but the club pissed him off because they couldn’t do bloody basic maths and stuffed up badly. I was angry at both Williams and Collingwood in the two issues and remained consistent in my thinking.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:09 pm

neil wrote:
What if we go 5 0 ? Do we give Bucks a contract extension?
What if we end up top 4?
What if we win the GF?

A bit early with the sack Buckley threads

9+ years early.... okayyyyyy..... Laughing

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:27 pm

Lazza wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Lazza wrote:
90 nice wrote:

Another chicken or the egg situation. From what I recall, this was the opposite of the Treloar episode. The club wanted Williams to stay but he chased the money (and the offer of continuing his captaincy) at Brisbane whilst Treloar wanted to stay but the club pissed him off because they couldn’t do bloody basic maths and stuffed up badly. I was angry at both Williams and Collingwood in the two issues and remained consistent in my thinking.

I think that your view may be a bit skewed and that you are being a bit hard on Williams. I took the text below from The Roar website:

"By 1983, new Collingwood coach – and his former SANFL Port Adelaide coach – John Cahill made him captain. In 1984, he led Collingwood’s goal-kicking with 53.31. In 1986, he led the players through the request to take a 20 per cent pay cut.

Williams grew disgruntled when he learnt that he – the club’s captain – was the eighth highest paid player on Collingwood’s list. Collingwood felt Williams was holding them to ransom and sacked him. Allegedly, there was never any conversation between the two.

Williams had barely missed any footy in his six years at Collingwood (just three games) and was definitely one of Collingwood’s better players – especially during that time everything was unravelling.

He was uncompromising on the field, a strong leader, and could play on the ball or forward. He’s one of the toughest players I’ve seen, and would be held in higher regard had his career not being depreciated by his tenure at the fizzling Brisbane Bears.

I thought both Daicos and Williams deserved better – especially given the state of the club when each were discarded".
KickTruly Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:27 pm

If we lose the first 5 - sack Graeme Wright, lol

If we win the first 5 - bring Walshy back quick, lol

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:40 pm

90 nice wrote:
I thought both Daicos and Williams deserved better – especially given the state of the club when each were discarded".

Don’t want to mix the two issues up. I agree about the Daicos one but shall agree to disagree on the Williams one. That article is spot on about the way Williams played and his courage but I suspect that the bit about payments is a convenient reason for him deserting the club. And how would he know who got paid what? I don’t think players today give a shit about what others get paid as long as they are satisfied with their own income. But to leave the club in the lurch was a despicable act by a self centred captain of the team.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:06 am

WE will be one of the youngest sides now, pretty young list, so im not expecting a lot, just show progress, under Bucks, the kids show heart, guts, courage and jell together, win some big games, and finish on a high,for a real flag tilt the following season. If Bucks can mould this team into a great unit, thi season my guess he will get at least one more year.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:55 am

Piesnchess wrote:
WE will be one of the youngest sides now, pretty young list, so im not expecting a lot, just show progress, under Bucks, the kids show heart, guts, courage and jell together, win some big games, and finish on a high,for a real flag tilt the following season. If Bucks can mould this team into a great unit, thi season my guess he will get at least one more year.

NO!! Not "if bucks can jell this group together and win some big games"..that is retrograde. He has had 10 years to do that. Unless he gets us to Top 4 in 2021, he is automatically gone in my view. Enough excuses. He disgraced himself in his treatment of both Adz and JS. The catastrophic trading season we had was on his watch. 2018 was likely due just as much to Longmiur and Hocking as to Bux. We need to get rid of him unless he proves he actually has some ability. Top 4 2021, or else get rid of him and start afresh. We have a year to look for a coach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: