Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who are you looking forward to seeing this year?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:11 pm
Post subject: Who are you looking forward to seeing this year?Reply with quote

Well the summer holidays are almost over.
Footy will be back soon ...At least the practice matches will be on soon.
Who am looking forward to see this year???
1. IQ ...3 rd year in I reckon he will have a big year off halfback.
2. Mason Cox....in his prime this year and hopefully injury free.
Remember he has President Biden's phone number...so he can call in the big guns there.
3. T Brown.....has the skills to be anything.
4. Kelly ...He should be fit and raring to go.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep agreed IQ could have a big one this year.

Im looking forward to seeing Nathan Murphy, as he has some courage and great hands.

I would love it if Tom Wilson just burst on the scene and took everyone by surprise. I hear he is in great physical condition. It intrigues me that he was an elite footballer at U/16 level and had a strong carnival for Vic Metro and was picked to attend the AIS or AFL academy, however at that time was given a scholarship to play basketball, which he took.
Looking at a couple videos he looked classy.

Will Kelly is another Im looking forward to seeing. Really hoping he has a mental toughness and can hold his own.

Tyler Brown Im hoping will show us something.

Rantall could surprise and would love to see him flourish. Bianco I think is a bit light in weight so will have to be patient but if he does make it I will look forward to his disposal skills.

Caleb Poulter I am quietly confident he will make the grade in a couple years but cant wait to see him in pre season stuff.

Finlay looks a proper footballer so very excited about him.

However the player that could really turn it on and have fans licking their lips would be Mr. J. De Goey. If he turns it on, it could be the difference between scraping into the eight or making a fist of top four.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:10 pm

I would like Sidearse to have a first class season to compensate for his huge stuff up last year. That took any little wind we had from our sails. It helped derail the entire season🤬😡
And I would love to see Cox actually hold his marks by getting much better at judging the flight of the ball. Kicking a couple of bags would be a bonus🤞🏽🤞🏽

Last edited by Lazza on Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:12 pm

I look forward to seeing our new coach unveiled. Won't be much interest before then.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:21 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
I look forward to seeing our new coach unveiled. Won't be much interest before then.

You are such a s_d s_ck eddiesmith😄 Love to have you next to me in a war bunker situation 😳😩 Your crying will attract the enemy to shut you up😆🤪

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:52 pm

Tyler Brown
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:37 pm

Lazza wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

You are such a s_d s_ck eddiesmith😄 Love to have you next to me in a war bunker situation 😳😩 Your crying will attract the enemy to shut you up😆🤪

Well given you're plan of attack is to keep trying the same thing that's failed for 9 straight years, I'm not sure you'd be much use in a war either Wink
mattdally 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:17 am

From the experienced group - Brodie Grundy.
Still believe he was injured against the Saints in Rnd 3 last year and never had the chance to recover.

New blood - Will Kelly - Let's see how good he is. Looks like he has added some size over the preseason.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:39 am

Daicos.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:52 am

Lazza wrote:
I would like Sidearse to have a first class season to compensate for his huge stuff up last year. That took any little wind we had from our sails. It helped derail the entire season🤬😡
And I would love to see Cox actually hold his marks by getting much better at judging the flight of the ball. Kicking a couple of bags would be a bonus🤞🏽🤞🏽

i agree, but i doubt he gives it a second thought, selfish prick

i just want my arse on the seat and to scream. a lot. preferably good screams, but im open to anything right now

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:40 am

think positive wrote:
Lazza wrote:

i agree, but i doubt he gives it a second thought, selfish prick

i just want my arse on the seat and to scream. a lot. preferably good screams, but im open to anything right now

With respect to your second sentence, you are talking about football, aren't you?
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:05 am

Call me doom and gloom, not predicting or expecting a great year.

I think the club is planning for the post Buckley years. I am fine with that, many of us on here wanted a clean out at the top for 2021/2022 and that is what is happening...so I can accept a down year or two.

Having said that we have a ton of young players i would love to see getting games.

In no order: W.Kelly, N.Murphy, both the Brown boys. J.Rantall, T.Bianco I.Quaynor, A.Tohill, M.Keane...and that young Diacos lad!!! Any of the draft from 2020 can get games in 2021 that is a bonus. I think they will take a bit longer given thier 2020 seasons were non-existent.

So while we might well end up 8th to 12th on the ladder. I think we might see some real excitement in the kids running round.

Oh and please please please.....can one of these young players get a few games in place of J.Thomas!!!!

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:44 am

derkd wrote:
Call me doom and gloom, not predicting or expecting a great year.

I think the club is planning for the post Buckley years.

I'm certainly not intending to be critical, just musing. When this nefarious institution of the "club" is mentioned, I often think who exactly this means. Smile Who would be making such plans - the board, the President, the CEO, footy manager, coaching panel? I guess I'm just wondering who actually steers the ship and/or sets the future agenda Smile

Anyway, back to the thread.... I can't wait to see more of the exquisite skills of young Daics and looking forward to seeing if IQ can continue on his upward projection.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:44 am

Apologies for the DP
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:49 am

think positive wrote:

Laughing Laughing I certainly hope your arse gets there TP and you get to scream Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: