Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Graham Wright - General Manager of Football

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrighty played 201 games at Collingwood
Was a member of the 1990 premiership side
Was runner up in 1990 Brownlow

And has Tracy ,Ethan & James as his kids Now I don’t know their age nor if the are playing Aussie Rules but if so and any good Father and son / daughter 🙏

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:25 pm

Harrysz wrote:
Warburton Lad, I hope you are well. Have you been to training?

Hello Mr Harrysz- I have had a setback after my operation to remove the tumour (there is a new tumour growing near the brain). As a consequence, I have not been able to see the Pies strutting their stuff on the track.

If there is a window of (health) opportunity, I will endeavour to journey down from Melbourne's outer-east...

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:29 pm

MJ23 wrote:
warburton lad wrote:
Absolutely thrilled with this- I actually don't care that he played in a flag for us- what is critical is that he is highly respected within the industry for what he does.

I see it as a precursor of landing a new coach at the end of 2021- Clarkson would be great. I hope that Wright at least picks up the phone and has a chat with Dean Solomon for one of the assistant roles.

I am certain that Wright will implement a far more professional approach to salary/contract negotiations. Be ready to lose players who overrate their worth as a consequence, but Wright will be wise enough to make the right calls.

Feeling better about the direction the club is taking by the week...

Ok, funny I thought we got rid of players getting paid more than they rated their worth last trade period and all hell broke lose.

Good evening MJ23

There is a subtle difference in what I am suggesting- at the end of 2020, we moved on players who were already contracted on substantial salaries. Under Graeme Wright, I am rather hoping that the club will take a sterner line around actually negotiating the contracts as they come up.

Prevention is better than cure where $$$ are concerned... Just view of an old man from the hills...

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:29 pm

Presti35 wrote:
G.W. replaces G.W.

Good Work 😉

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:25 pm

People said this wasn't possible.

But it has happened.

A season of intrigue follows, anything could happen... from the flag to the #1 pick in the draft. Get ready for Collingwood in the papers, it has been a bit quiet.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:14 pm

MJ23 wrote:
warburton lad wrote:
Absolutely thrilled with this- I actually don't care that he played in a flag for us- what is critical is that he is highly respected within the industry for what he does.

I see it as a precursor of landing a new coach at the end of 2021- Clarkson would be great. I hope that Wright at least picks up the phone and has a chat with Dean Solomon for one of the assistant roles.

I am certain that Wright will implement a far more professional approach to salary/contract negotiations. Be ready to lose players who overrate their worth as a consequence, but Wright will be wise enough to make the right calls.

Ok, funny I thought we got rid of players getting paid more than they rated their worth last trade period and all hell broke lose.

Yet Grundy is only just beginning his 7 years of overpaid rubbish...
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:50 am

As Director of Football would he be the person to select some one to fill Ant Rocca,s position

If so should it be a ruck coach (a job not really suited to Pebbles)

Would we go a further assistant coach. Maybe Dean Solomon

MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:37 am

warburton lad wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
warburton lad wrote:

Good evening MJ23

There is a subtle difference in what I am suggesting- at the end of 2020, we moved on players who were already contracted on substantial salaries. Under Graeme Wright, I am rather hoping that the club will take a sterner line around actually negotiating the contracts as they come up.

Prevention is better than cure where $$$ are concerned... Just view of an old man from the hills...

Fair enough. Still think it’s a bit forgetful given the challenge to keep 2018 list for a crack at 2019 while big money offers were coming in.

Why I’m excited about Wright coming is that I can’t remember Hawkes ever NOT landing a big name player they went after. Them and the cats are masters of it and hopefully rumours of us chasing a big FA next year are true.

The other think not spoken about is the Hawkes medical teams record. Would love Wright bringing that IP to the pies.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:35 pm

Am wondering how Wright / Buckley working relationship will go and will GW be more success expecting than Eddie / Bucks process
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:39 pm

Cam wrote:
People said this wasn't possible.

But it has happened.

A season of intrigue follows, anything could happen... from the flag to the #1 pick in the draft. Get ready for Collingwood in the papers, it has been a bit quiet.

We Might win the Flag and Also have the Number 1 Pick in the Draft Wink

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:49 am

An interesting notation that GW in 1993 told NB in no uncertain terms a colourful what he thought of him

That hatchet better be well buried

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:09 pm

BazBoy wrote:
An interesting notation that GW in 1993 told NB in no uncertain terms a colourful what he thought of him

That hatchet better be well buried

And Buckley detailed that in his book; I think it was just a psych-out from Wright to put him off his game during that 1993 match. Nothing personal!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:12 pm

So the usual footy banter yes
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:00 am

Finally, he comes home to the nest, finally, great news. Well done Eddie, he deserves kudos for this coup. Up yours Hawks, suffer in ya jocks.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:26 pm

The move was well over due anyway he did very well at the hawks so they did get better with wright there. Not too sure about suffer in ya jocks he was there a while did good things too.
But i wanted wright at pies for years now he arrives finally.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: