Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

update from pie land

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

To me 2021 has a feeling of 1999 about it the last year of the doom and gloom and the next year (2000 (2022)) we are set and ready for great things again. Bit like 1999 last year of tony shaw 2021 last year of Buckley sort of got coralations. It’s out with the old and in with the new sort of feeling. But instead of 2002-2003 runners up in 2022-2023 we win the flag.
It’s amazing how things work in cycles. I feel Collingwood has gone full circle and we are on that bridging cusp again and ready for some good times again.
Like 1999 we were out McAllister in Ed 2021 out Ed in ? 2000 out Shaw in Malthouse 2021 out Buckley in ?
This time it’s a real deal dawn too.
Always felt 2018 was the false dawn we had to have and it was another 2-3 years till the next real deal dawn was to occur. I felt 2002 was our last real deal dawn. I thought we were going to win the flag but had to wait our time till 2010 which I felt was too over due. Would have been best to win a lot earlier in the piece such as 2002.
All in all I’m so far happy with what’s been happening at Collingwood but there’s still a hell of a long way to go.
It’s only the very start of the beginning.
It’s going to take a few years it’s a work in process.
Long term and big picture. Vision.
richo 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:30 am

Eddie took over from Kevin Rose in 1999, McAllister finished in 1995.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:10 pm

^ 90 nice’s posting is at its best when it isn’t hampered by facts.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:27 pm

Opps i meant kevin rose not mcallister
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:03 pm

90 nice wrote:
To me 2021 has a feeling of 1999 about it the last year of the doom and gloom and the next year (2000 (2022)) we are set and ready for great things again. Bit like 1999 last year of tony shaw 2021 last year of Buckley sort of got coralations. It’s out with the old and in with the new sort of feeling. But instead of 2002-2003 runners up in 2022-2023 we win the flag.
It’s amazing how things work in cycles. I feel Collingwood has gone full circle and we are on that bridging cusp again and ready for some good times again.
Like 1999 we were out McAllister in Ed 2021 out Ed in ? 2000 out Shaw in Malthouse 2021 out Buckley in ?
This time it’s a real deal dawn too.
Always felt 2018 was the false dawn we had to have and it was another 2-3 years till the next real deal dawn was to occur. I felt 2002 was our last real deal dawn. I thought we were going to win the flag but had to wait our time till 2010 which I felt was too over due. Would have been best to win a lot earlier in the piece such as 2002.
All in all I’m so far happy with what’s been happening at Collingwood but there’s still a hell of a long way to go.
It’s only the very start of the beginning.
It’s going to take a few years it’s a work in process.
Long term and big picture. Vision.

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:17 pm

90 nice wrote:

Always felt 2018 was the false dawn

Yes, some years can be like that. Dogs got over the line, but it didn't work out for long.

Often..its luck...we lost by a kick...we could easily have gone the other way.

I think if we are reasonably positioned the old adage of 'Never Give Up' applies.

Consider how well Richmond is going. Before them Geelong, and before them it was Hawthorn, WC etc etc

We want to have an 'ERA'. But only 1 club can have an ERA, and then its 20-30 years before your next ERA if your lucky.

Our supporters are crying out for an ERA, but in reality plug away.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:11 pm

First, I just want one flag win🙄 Then if we win another, let’s be humble and gracious. If and when we win three (yeah really right 🤪😅😂😆🤣) then we can boast about starting an era💪🏽👍🏽 Then we’ll all wake up from this unrealistic dream we are all having🤗😎
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:46 am

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
90 nice wrote:

Always felt 2018 was the false dawn

Yes, some years can be like that. Dogs got LIFTED over the line, but it didn't work out for long.

Often..its luck...we lost by a kick...we could easily have gone the other way.

I think if we are reasonably positioned the old adage of 'Never Give Up' applies.

Consider how well Richmond is going. Before them Geelong, and before them it was Hawthorn, WC etc etc

We want to have an 'ERA'. But only 1 club can have an ERA, and then its 20-30 years before your next ERA if your lucky.

Our supporters are crying out for an ERA, but in reality plug away.

fixed

my feeling being Collingwood who no one wants to win except us, is as i said before the 2018 grand final, we need to be up by plenty at 3/4 time or we wont be allowed to win. soft frees. always against us! $$%^%%$ over it whayne $$%^%%$ harmes, and that prick who played for the bears, roccas non goal, $$%^%%$ hell we even lost a GF because the umpire reckons he didnt hear the siren! I mean **** me cmon now!

how are feeling about this season? it was such a bastard year last year, i honestly havent contemplated much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: