Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Marching through Georgia

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:11 pm
Post subject: Marching through GeorgiaReply with quote

It looks likely that the two Democrat candidates are going to win their respective election run-offs. Here's the NYT's live forecast needle, based on the votes recorded and the expected voting in the as-yet-uncounted areas.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/05/us/elections/forecast-georgia-senate-runoff.html

The emerging political meaning is neatly summed up here: https://twitter.com/RameshPonnuru/status/1346655241203298304

Quote:
My sense is Perdue and Loeffler could have survived any 2 of these 3: being unimpressive candidates, GA shifting purple, and Trump being a maniac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeguhbh_V0U
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Warnock in front now and Ossoff only 284 votes behind (after being well over 100,000 votes behind earlier in the night) with 95% counted. For those who aren't aware, if both Democrat candidates win, Biden will have a majority in both houses of congress (with Kamala Harris exercising the casting vote in the otherwise 50-50 Senate) and the age of Mitch McConnell's control over US politics will be over. Given the closeness of both races and reports that Trump's "we wuz robbed" routine has depressed the Republican vote, he may have been good for something in the end.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:58 pm

Warnock (D) is pretty much home and hosed now and has declared victory. Perdue (R) extended his lead slightly over Ossoff (D) over the last hour, but it’s a just under 1000 vote difference again with 97% reporting. The New York Times needle still slightly (but clearly) favours Ossoff.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:20 pm

^ Ossoff is now 9,500 votes ahead of Perdue. Decision Desk HQ has called both races for the Democrats. The NYT has called it for Warnock and has Ossoff at >95% likelihood of winning.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:19 pm

Ossoff now leads by 16,370 votes. That's a bigger margin than Biden had in Georgia in November.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:51 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Ossoff now leads by 16,370 votes. That's a bigger margin than Biden had in Georgia in November.

Brilliant stuff. Making a lot of people happy including me.

Now to add 31 more judges to the Supreme Court 😉

Great to see people getting off their arses ( or should I say asses) and frickin vote.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:39 am

Decision Desk HQ has called the remaining election for Ossoff. His lead continues to increase as voting continues. He's up by over 18,000 votes, now.

There is the small issue of an attempted coup in Washington (that's been the inevitable consequence of Trump refusing to accept his electoral drubbing). No doubt that will be sorted out shortly. It'd be good if a few more people would start to appreciate quite what a danger Trump and his mouth-breathing white supremacist supporters are to their democracy.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:12 am

Another tranche of votes has just been counted. Ossoff now leads by nearly 25,000 votes. The margins for both Democrat victors are going to be so large that there will be no entitlement to automatic recount.

Biden is addressing the country on TV about the chaos on Capitol Hill, now.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:15 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Decision Desk HQ has called the remaining election for Ossoff. His lead continues to increase as voting continues. He's up by over 18,000 votes, now.

There is the small issue of an attempted coup in Washington (that's been the inevitable consequence of Trump refusing to accept his electoral drubbing). No doubt that will be sorted out shortly. It'd be good if a few more people would start to appreciate quite what a danger Trump and his mouth-breathing white supremacist supporters are to their democracy.

Sedition by the rednecks. A marvellous speech by Biden. Imagine if the rioters were black?

Trump needs to be charged with sedition for inciting an armed insurrection.

How bad is the lapse in security in Washington?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:52 am

The deplorables have lived up to their name. Racist rednecks incited by Trump as he continues to lie, inflame and incite while still peddling the bullshit that he won the election.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:57 am

watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Sedition by the rednecks. A marvellous speech by Biden. Imagine if the rioters were black?

gobsmackingly bad. when we were there 4th of july in 2016 it seemed tight as a drum, snipers very visible on top of the white house. but then there wasnt a few thousand dickheads running around.

i literally sat there is shock, this is going to end very badly, and Trump needs to do something and now, while he fights on they fight on, he needs to admit defeat to end this. if it can be ended now. it will be interesting to see the 2019 population compared to the 2021 population. As an American would say....I just cant....

-and some of the rioters are black, scary shit

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:05 am

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

gobsmackingly bad. when we were there 4th of july in 2016 it seemed tight as a drum, snipers very visible on top of the white house. but then there wasnt a few thousand dickheads running around.

i literally sat there is shock, this is going to end very badly, and Trump needs to do something and now, while he fights on they fight on, he needs to admit defeat to end this. if it can be ended now. it will be interesting to see the 2019 population compared to the 2021 population. As an American would say....I just cant....

-and some of the rioters are black, scary shit

Very few are black and none that I saw who broke into the buildings. This was organised by the Proud Boys a white male supremacist group. However not all of the attendees were Proud Boys and a few of those happened to be black.

The police and home guard need to forcibly disperse the ugly mob.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:11 am

couldnt agree more. its a bad movie, im waiting for John Mclane or Mike manning to come in and save the day, its bananas
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:14 am

think positive wrote:
couldnt agree more. its a bad movie, im waiting for John Mclane or Mike manning to come in and save the day, its bananas

😂😂

The other scary stuff is that the rednecks inside were not wearing masks and were confronting police and security 😱

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:21 am

Congratulations to Joe Biden who has not only won the election and won the the Georgia “run-offs” & will now (in effect) control both houses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: