Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Can Bux continue without Ed?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Buckley haters, let’s be fair if you are able to or allowed to by the sack Buckley mob. If any new coach experiences the same rates of injuries that Bucks had to contend with, will you apologise for wrongly and stupidly blaming him for injuries? Yeah right🙄 Somehow I doubt that most of the Buckley haters will have the integrity to do that. Blaming him for injuries is akin to blaming the Police commissioner for all traffic accidents instead of blaming drivers at fault. It is illogical, irrational, dumb and ridiculous.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:14 am

So if the rumour is true would we take Hardwick?
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:46 am

He’s climbed the mountain three times. He could be complacent because of this or he believes he has much more to provide and would like the chance. Glad I’m never going to make such a call.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:46 pm

He sure has a lot of damage control to do right now,
K 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:31 pm

think positive wrote:

I see no evidence that Hardwick is a good coach. I guess it's possible he is. I just wouldn't bet my life on it.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:46 pm

Wonka wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
I just wish for once, the poor bugger had a fit and healthy list, just once, that has never happened for him, in all his tenure. Surprised

What makes you think the poor bugger is not to blame for never in all his tenure having a fit and healthy list?

Hes not in charge of the fitness and health depts, genius. Surprised Take it up with them.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:49 pm

Lazza wrote:
Ok Buckley haters, let’s be fair if you are able to or allowed to by the sack Buckley mob. If any new coach experiences the same rates of injuries that Bucks had to contend with, will you apologise for wrongly and stupidly blaming him for injuries? Yeah right🙄 Somehow I doubt that most of the Buckley haters will have the integrity to do that. Blaming him for injuries is akin to blaming the Police commissioner for all traffic accidents instead of blaming drivers at fault. It is illogical, irrational, dumb and ridiculous.

Give it up Lazza, useless cause [Please just avoid bringing politics into this forum - Pies4shaw for BBMods]

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:54 pm

Yeah that’s a fine argument, no assistant coach has had an opportunity so they’re obviously no point changing coaches. We’ll stick with the bloke who has failed rather than try to improve

That’s the attitude that see a club win 2 premierships in 62 seasons, but you apparently are happy just making finals, premierships are overrated.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:34 pm

K wrote:
think positive wrote:

I see no evidence that Hardwick is a good coach. I guess it's possible he is. I just wouldn't bet my life on it.

3 premierships in 4 years, thats good enough for me! he didnt inherit the team!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:20 pm

Lazza wrote:
True Piesnchess🙄 Shouldn’t waste our time, it only enables them. Their opinions suck but they have the right to have shitty opinions. What I dislike is that they haven’t bothered to provide even one name of an available coach for us to debate their merits. All noise from empty vessels but no relevant information for active consideration. Just anti Buckley drivel🤬😡

Okay let's stick with Buckley for eternity because no one has provided any suggestions as to who replaces him?

Buckley is entitled to see out his contract this year, but barring any substantial improvement I'd support moving him on at seasons end. 10 seasons at one club with no premiership to show for it is more than enough time for any coach to succeed.

As others have said elsewhere, it will become clearer as to who potentially succeeds him once the coaching vacancy opens up. Most people have sensibly suggested that a panel and interview process should be set up to ascertain who the best candidates are.

We're a big club and I'm certain plenty of candidates will be putting their hand up to coach us in a heartbeat. The most likely candidate is someone who is an assistant coach at another club, preferably one that is associated with premiership success.

Did Richmond supporters know who should replace Terry Wallace in 2009?

Did West Coast supporters know who should replace John Worsfold in 2013?

Did Western Bulldogs supporters know who should replace Brendan McCartney in 2014?

Did Brisbane supporters know who should replace Justin Leppitsch in 2016?

The answer to all four is no. They undertook a proper process to appoint the right person for the coaching job. All four paid dividends in the long-term.

My biggest frustration is Collingwood has been too conservative in the last decade, unwilling to push the boundaries and be ruthless where it's necessary. Buckley wouldn't have lasted this long in the job if he didn't have the benefit of being a favourite son and being very close to McGuire.

I really think the timing fits perfectly. McGuire is departing at the end of the year and Buckley has a year left on his contract. A new president and senior coach in 2022 may be the fresh start and re-invigoration the club needs.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:35 am

Lazza wrote:
True Piesnchess🙄 Shouldn’t waste our time, it only enables them. Their opinions suck but they have the right to have shitty opinions. What I dislike is that they haven’t bothered to provide even one name of an available coach for us to debate their merits. All noise from empty vessels but no relevant information for active consideration. Just anti Buckley drivel🤬😡

You are so stuck in your ways, you refuse you listen.

You have been told MANY times that it is the process that identifies the next coach. What is so hard to understand? Have you never had a job interview before?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:05 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Lazza wrote:

You have been told MANY times that it is the process that identifies the next coach. What is so hard to understand? Have you never had a job interview before?

We are on different wavelengths and planets dude. LOL about the interview comment after working nearly 40 years! Love it Twisted Evil Yeah I have been
on both sides of this process a few hundred times.

Anyway it must be only me but in just about every case I have ever known where a club is seeking a coaching replacement, the footy media start speculating possible names that the club may be interested in, plus many rumours start spreading. Maybe its far too early for this process to start.

K 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:13 pm

think positive wrote:
K wrote:
think positive wrote:

3 premierships in 4 years, thats good enough for me! he didnt inherit the team!

The players had to pull him into line last season. They were worried he was derailing the campaign by whingeing too much about footy hubs outside Vic, etc.

Their game plan was due to Caracella. Essendon poached Caracella and he hasn't had success there yet. Ross Lyon suggested Essendon players may be more stupid (not his exact words), so it takes them longer to learn a new game plan. Anyway, the game plan was obvious. You can't play a skill-based game when your players are unskilled, so there's not much to decide on. (Of course, Carey and others last season said our club was trying to do that: play a skill-based game with unskilled players.)

Without Dusty, they would have zero premierships. Can Hardwick take any credit for Dusty?? Probably Choco Williams can take more credit for Dusty than the senior coach.

Their fitness guy comes out of this looking the best. That club and Brisbane are way ahead of the other clubs. Clubs like GWS and a club I won't name that we know very well are a joke on the injury stuff.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:29 pm

Lazza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Lazza wrote:

We are on different wavelengths and planets dude. LOL about the interview comment after working nearly 40 years! Love it Twisted Evil Yeah I have been
on both sides of this process a few hundred times.

Anyway it must be only me but in just about every case I have ever known where a club is seeking a coaching replacement, the footy media start speculating possible names that the club may be interested in, plus many rumours start spreading. Maybe its far too early for this process to start.

Exactly, if the names started, you'd be crying foul that Buckley isn't being given a chance to see out his contract. You can't have it both ways.

I can assure you that no names will be mentioned if we start 10-0 next year. Start 3-7, and I can assure you, names will emerge.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:36 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
I can assure you that no names will be mentioned if we start 10-0 next year. Start 3-7, and I can assure you, names will emerge.

I concede that you make a very good point here which I fully agree with. Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 13 of 20   

Jump to: