Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Can Bux continue without Ed?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

masoncox wrote:
I really don't like Bux..
Never have.
But his record is not bad the last few years.
Seems to have the majority of players on his side.
We should see what happens by the end of the year.

Sensible

You can't let emotion in. "I don't like..." is just an opinion.
The facts don't vary, they are what they are.

All that being said, the facts of decline have never escaped even the great coaches, let alone the might be-wanna be bracket to which our current man belongs.

Pass mark for me, top 4. Any mug can get a Collingwood team into the top 8 without major injuries. I wouldn't have re-signed him in 2017, as the facts then said no.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:35 am

It's pretty evident that figjam's position at the club exists due to the power and influence of ed. After all, ed created this mess. Once that goes, figgy will have to answer to the board and a president who hopefully respects democracy and doesn't operate like a dictator. Let's face it, if his name wasn't nathan buckley then he would have been sacked years ago. We all want him to be a success but he never will. He just doesn't have it in him. He's been there long enough and has had more than enough chances to succeed with resources etc. Took over a successful team only to dismantle it. 2013-2017 was some of the worst football I've seen. Then it took a review to him to figure out he needed to change who he was as a person in order to earn the support and respect of his playing group. 2018 and 5 goals up in a GF only to lose says it all really. I'd sack buckley tomorrow if I could. His assistants are sychophants and his handling of our trades has been a debacle. How much more of this crap do we need to endure?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:58 am

MJ23 wrote:
The guy got us into a grand final and a kick away from winning with the largest injury list f all time and without any tall defenders against the tallest and best forward line in the comp.

But whatever..............

Then 2 years later we are almost back where we where in 2017

Only had 1 season where we got better the Season before - Not Good Enough

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:49 pm

I do know one thing beyond all doubt, not ONCE in his entire tenure of coaching has Bucks had a full and healthy list, not bloody once. Massive and long term injuries have plagued his sides, and whlst other team do of course have injuries, ours seem to be more prolonged, drawn out, like Langdon, Reid, Scharenberg, Dunn, to name only a few, and so many more over the journey, who would expect Langdon to never play again. ?? Bucks has never had a fit and healthy team, that is fact, even his detractors cannot deny that.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:24 pm

I like you and all Piesnchess but the injury excuse doesn't cut it anymore, for a season sure, two even, three maybe but not nine to ten seasons.

We had a review, Bucks made some adjustments, now we've slipped back to old bad habits - I'd part ways immediately, but he is family so let him finish his contract (which will put a season into out new recruits belts + we're not winning the flag next year anyway due to our total lack of list depth) which will line up perfectly with Eddies departure and we can close this sorry episode in our clubs history.

And from there, the only way is up.

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:33 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I do know one thing beyond all doubt, not ONCE in his entire tenure of coaching has Bucks had a full and healthy list, not bloody once. Massive and long term injuries have plagued his sides, and whlst other team do of course have injuries, ours seem to be more prolonged, drawn out, like Langdon, Reid, Scharenberg, Dunn, to name only a few, and so many more over the journey, who would expect Langdon to never play again. ?? Bucks has never had a fit and healthy team, that is fact, even his detractors cannot deny that.

Other teams have had their injuries and managed to overcome them and some with serious players missing GF's and still winning them BUT what I will say and what I think set the club backwards (more than just a little) that neither Scharenberg nor Freeman progressed with their injuries - both Top 10 draft picks - that was a killer for us.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:49 pm

We are never really going to know the situation between Nathan and Eddie

For all we know Nathan could have in confidence with Eddie suggested pulling the pin over his lean years (2014 -2017)

And Eddie may well have talked him into staying

Who really knows. But now in reality it’s Nathan to sink or swim

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:20 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
I like you and all Piesnchess but the injury excuse doesn't cut it anymore, for a season sure, two even, three maybe but not nine.

I think you need to know the deference between a reason and an excuse.🙄 The injuries were a reason and I clearly say that not one other would have done any better than Collingwood under the exact circumstances. Not in a million years can you have success. Buckley haters must look at the facts instead of kicking bucks and blaming him for something well beyond his control. Make your comments with honesty guiding you instead of maliciously being silly.

Last edited by Lazza on Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:20 pm

Snip

BEAMER09 wrote:
BUT what I will say and what I think set the club backwards (more than just a little) that neither Scharenberg nor Freeman progressed with their injuries - both Top 10 draft picks - that was a killer for us.

Yeah totally agree there, that draft ended up setting us back a fair ways and that's nobody's fault whatsoever.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:35 pm

What killed our flag chances were some very poor and unlucky draft choices.

1. Wasting top draft picks on Scharenberg and Freeman.

2. Wasting precious salary cup space on Wells and Mayne.

3. Re-drafting Beams on a huge salary, knowing his struggles with mental illness.

4. Re-contracting Treloar for another 5 yrs on a massively overpriced salary.

We should have won a flag or two over the past 4 yrs if we had not stuffed up so badly with our player management.

Let's hope we are more diligent and professional going forward.
Wonka 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:41 pm

BEAMER09 wrote:
BUT what I will say and what I think set the club backwards (more than just a little) that neither Scharenberg nor Freeman progressed with their injuries - both Top 10 draft picks - that was a killer for us.

Yeah totally agree there, that draft ended up setting us back a fair ways and that's nobody's fault whatsoever.

You will find a lot of disagreement among Collingwood people that it was nobody's fault whatsoever. It could be that fault lies with both the recruitment folks, who later reviewed how they did things in light of missing Patrick Cripps, and the fitness folks, who to this day are blamed by Nathan Freeman's family for allegedly destroying his career.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:02 pm

I reckon Gaff, Nic Nat and Shepard would have all gotten games in that G F if they were available.
The thing that does get lost when talking G Fs, is just how difficult it can be to back up after playing in the losing team.
Neither the Crows or Giants even made the finals the following year after their G F losses.
Unlike most on here, I rate our 2019 season as a “ decent “ effort on the back of the gut wrenching G F loss in 2018.
What has killed is as much as anything in the last three years, is that for reasons we now all better understand, we have only traded in two players in those three years. Beams and Cameron, who have given us nothing.
I’m not sure that we have necessarily gone backwards but possibly it’s more that other sides have overtaken us with positive trading. ( the old half full, half empty analogy )

For mine, Bucks needs a finals win in 2021 to go on. Anything less than that and I’m happy to support a change.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:41 pm

For mine he gets until the end of 2021 - Unless he pulls off a miracle premiership win next year, he's gone.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:07 pm

I like you and all Piesnchess but the injury excuse doesn't cut it anymore, for a season sure, two even, three maybe but not nine to ten seasons.

We had a review, Bucks made some adjustments, now we've slipped back to old bad habits - I'd part ways immediately, but he is family so let him finish his contract (which will put a season into out new recruits belts + we're not winning the flag next year anyway due to our total lack of list depth) which will line up perfectly with Eddies departure and we can close this sorry episode in our clubs history.

And from there, the only way is up.

Mate, true, but with all due respect, we have had id say, easy 8 years of unrelenting, never ending mass outs, and our guys stay out for ages, seasons, and then sadly fizzle out like Langdon and Dunn to name but two.. I lay the blame at our useless fitness dept, something has gone seriously wrong there, they all should have been sacked, it just cant be sheer bad luck, year after year. I know other teams get injuries, yes, but ours seem to be enmasse, just never stop. Look at Reid, how many games has he missed, before sadly retiring, must have been bout 90 id say, and hes just one. I at least hope the Club has seen fit to put a broom right thru our fitness, health dept, because they have been absolutely hopeless. Things must change on that front, also, ASAP.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:12 pm

Lazza wrote:
I like you and all Piesnchess but the injury excuse doesn't cut it anymore, for a season sure, two even, three maybe but not nine.

I think you need to know the deference between a reason and an excuse.🙄 The injuries were a reason and I clearly say that not one other would have done any better than Collingwood under the exact circumstances. Not in a million years can you have success. Buckley haters must look at the facts instead of kicking bucks and blaming him for something well beyond his control. Make your comments with honesty guiding you instead of maliciously being silly.

The great Collingwood hater, Ron Barassi, said many times, " Ongoing and mass long term injuries, are not an excuse, they are a REASON." I think Ron knows better on that subject than any of us fans, who have never played AFL. Surprised

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20   

Jump to: