Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Can Bux continue without Ed?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
There are three scenarios 1. We win the flag... Bucks gets resigned for 2 years. 2. We don't win the flag, Bucks
gets moved on. 3. We are less wins than losses by round ten, Bucks gets the boot...

I wouldn’t want a Collingwood coach sacked mid season , unless the coach resigns. Bad karma doing that.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:31 am

There are three scenarios 1. We win the flag... Bucks gets resigned for 2 years. 2. We don't win the flag, Bucks gets moved on. 3. We are less wins than losses by round ten, Bucks gets the boot...

Wolfie, we cannot win the flag with this now very young list, FMD we have lost a shitload of experience, 15 seasoned players, including adams and stevo all gone, massive experience losses. Our new kids are very raw and green, not even bloody Barassi, Hardwick, Clarko, Lyon, etc could take this young list to the flag this season, its ludicrous to even think that. Im a realist, be content for ur kids to show progress, heart, and win some big games, make the 8, and play a Final, then build on that for a big future. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:01 pm

Lazza wrote:
There are three scenarios 1. We win the flag... Bucks gets resigned for 2 years. 2. We don't win the flag, Bucks
gets moved on. 3. We are less wins than losses by round ten, Bucks gets the boot...

I wouldn’t want a Collingwood coach sacked mid season , unless the coach resigns. Bad karma doing that.

I don't really like coaches being sacked mid session either BUT there are exceptions like e.g the coach has lost the players, the club decides its going in a different direction, the coach does something illegal or embarrassing to the club, things like that.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:07 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
There are three scenarios 1. We win the flag... Bucks gets resigned for 2 years. 2. We don't win the flag, Bucks gets moved on. 3. We are less wins than losses by round ten, Bucks gets the boot...

Wolfie, we cannot win the flag with this now very young list, FMD we have lost a shitload of experience, 15 seasoned players, including adams and stevo all gone, massive experience losses. Our new kids are very raw and green, not even bloody Barassi, Hardwick, Clarko, Lyon, etc could take this young list to the flag this season, its ludicrous to even think that. Im a realist, be content for ur kids to show progress, heart, and win some big games, make the 8, and play a Final, then build on that for a big future. Idea

Hey Piesnchess,

I'm not suggesting we will win the flag because we won't for exactly the reasons you said, and maybe a few more - more an example of circumstances.

I actually think the future is very bright for our club, and as long as this circuit breaker helps enable the club to put the systems in place to take us professionally into the 21st century with the soul aim of the club being the best it can possibly be either on or off the field... well what more could we ask for... silverware is assured to eventually follow.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:08 pm

We have had coach’s at Collingwood who were more proven better coach’s than Bucks (Hafey & Matthews) who were sent packing mid season so Nathan needs real success or the perception his method is on track for silver ware

I would hate it to happen but the club is more important than the individual

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:55 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Hey Piesnchess,

I'm not suggesting we will win the flag because we won't for exactly the reasons you said, and maybe a few more - more an example of circumstances.

I actually think the future is very bright for our club, and as long as this circuit breaker helps enable the club to put the systems in place to take us professionally into the 21st century with the soul aim of the club being the best it can possibly be either on or off the field... well what more could we ask for... silverware is assured to eventually follow.

True Wolfie, but its going to take time, you have to build towards a Pemiership, may take 2-3 yrs, but we will get there. Like u, im very excited about our young list and kids, plus Daicos 3 arrives next season, and they reckon he is one hell of a prospect, real briliance and class. Very Happy

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:02 pm

Yeah we need the very thing that we generally lack on Nick’s and that is a shit load of patience. Success will come but only after a wait until this list fully matures and gels together as a tight knit team bonded to win the flag.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:10 pm

What's your definition of patience? This is his 10th season. Some mammals have lifetimes shorter than that.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:33 pm

You make a fair enough comment that’s hard to refute. I don’t have all the answers but what is the alternative to patience? Helter skelter towards another fine mess we got ourselves into? We need carefully targeted planning towards an identified goal that is realistic and attainable within the declared timeframe. As others have said many times, the footy God’s mongrel act in 2018 stuffed us up in various ways that are difficult to extricate from quickly. Fools rush in. Even at Collingwood good things will happen to those who wait. The alternatives don’t present a happy picture of success to me with rotten experiences to fall back on to ponder the frightening consequences of further failures 😡🙄
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:03 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
What's your definition of patience? This is his 10th season. Some mammals have lifetimes shorter than that.

Not so much talking bout the coach now, just where we are now at. NO coach could lead this now very young team to the flag this season, not now, we have lost bucket loads of experience. For Bucks to retain his job though, the team must show progress, be united, score some upset wins, and preferably make the Final 8, thats bout as good as it gets, for mine. As to whether that is enough for Bucks to be offered an extension, thats in the lap of the Gods, and would be out of his hands.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:55 pm

Lazza wrote:
Yeah we need the very thing that we generally lack on Nick’s and that is a shit load of patience. Success will come but only after a wait until this list fully matures and gels together as a tight knit team bonded to win the flag.

Are we waiting for Pendles, Sidey, Greenwood, Adams, Cox, Grundy, Elliott, Roughead, Howe, Thomas, Mayne, Crisp, Hoskin-Elliot, Mihocek etc to mature?
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:36 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

I agree Piesnchess. Like or dislike Treloar, Stevo, Phillips ETC they provided the team with options - one a midfielder in our top 3 - the 2nd a potential game breaking goalkicker (one bad year) and one a solid contributor. Combine this with Varcoe ETC retired. What this does is that if Thomas, WHE, Elliott, Seir, Brown (x 2) have a bad game & the kids aren't ready - you can't drop them. This makes us more predictable, with more borderline AFL players selected each week.
In 'normal' times making finals should not really matter in 2021, but we have a coach fighting for survival. Not the ideal recipe. Expectations need to be kept in check.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:25 pm

Financial Analysis by Budda'sAuditServices:

Reputation damage of media controversy over next 12 months: >$2 million

All replacement options: <$1.5million
Some good 12 month (trial) options: ~$800k
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:36 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Are we waiting for Pendles, Sidey, Greenwood, Adams, Cox, Grundy, Elliott, Roughead, Howe, Thomas, Mayne, Crisp, Hoskin-Elliot, Mihocek etc to mature?

Mate, i actually think some of those will be flat out getting a game, like Thomas, WHE, Mihocek is hot and cold, Cox is iffy, Greenwood doesnt give me a lot of hope. We only kept these guys cos we delisted so many others, like be honest, when did Thomas and WHE last play a GREAT game ?? Our future is the kids, play the kids, get as many games into em as we can. Idea

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:00 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Mate, i actually think some of those will be flat out getting a game, like Thomas, WHE, Mihocek is hot and cold, Cox is iffy, Greenwood doesnt give me a lot of hope. We only kept these guys cos we delisted so many others, like be honest, when did Thomas and WHE last play a GREAT game ?? Our future is the kids, play the kids, get as many games into em as we can. Idea

Yes, I agree, that was the point I was making. That those guys have probably reached the top of the hill or are well on the way down. They will be gone soon and another batch of yet to be recruited players will have to develop to replace them, so we will have to be patient twice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20   

Jump to: