Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Can Bux continue without Ed?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:
I believe that the 2018 grand final loss was due to defensive coaching tactics during the period when we had a winning lead. Collingwood did not deserve that flag because they had every chance on the day to put the Eagles away and defended a lead instead.

Also we had to play Moore.... we didn't, they punished us.

WAS Moore fit though ? i well recall his Dad played in the 1981 GF unfit, and he did nothing all day, another GF cockup, this time by Hafey. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:20 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:
I believe that the 2018 grand final loss was due to defensive coaching tactics during the period when we had a winning lead. Collingwood did not deserve that flag because they had every chance on the day to put the Eagles away and defended a lead instead.

Also we had to play Moore.... we didn't, they punished us.

WAS Moore fit though ? i well recall his Dad played in the 1981 GF unfit, and he did nothing all day, another GF cockup, this time by Hafey. Confused

Well we 100% know what happened when we didn't play him in the GF. It was a risk, but a risk we had to take, & I said it at the time.

PS: Maybe we should be a little more kind to Hafey's legacy, its one Bucks would kill for.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:57 pm

I don't think so
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:17 pm

no, Bux can't continue without Ed. The pivot of the regime was Ed. His departure unhinges the entire apparatus. Ed's announcement marks, happily, the end of the era. Ed's apogee was 2010. From 1999 to 2010 he was a very positive factor. After 2010, his influence became negative in my view. The entire Buckley regime has been a period of stagnation, and frustration, punctured by one ray of hope in 2018, but since then the general tendency toward endless mediocrity has continued. 2018 only occurred after significant changes to our coaching team were made, which is hardly coincidental. The kind, humane, empathetic Buckley of 2018 has given way again to the real Bux: the harsh, unrealistically demanding persona who stultified our progress from 2012 onwards. Ridiculous trade deals for players such as Wells were made which contributed to the terrible situation we found ourselves in this trading period where we had to lose good players for nothing in order to release the cap pressure.
Those responsible for the disaster were protected, while rumours and innuendos were allowed to circulate about the players involved instead. Bux has never been one to accept his share of responsiblilty for poor performance:this characteristic extends to his entire system of satellites. With the sun at the center of the solar system leaving at the end of next year, the system cannot last. I am very happy, because we are never going to succeed while it lasts.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:17 pm

Depends on how we go next year win a GF and all is forgiven lose badly a lot of times and its goodbye

It depends on who the new President is.

Our side while full of kids now has played a LOT of finals and some have GF experience this can help. In 1990 getting some kids in won us the GF 2010 it was recruiting for need.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:19 pm

masoncox wrote:
I really don't like Bux..
Never have.
But his record is not bad the last few years.
Seems to have the majority of players on his side.
We should see what happens by the end of the year.

An honest opinion with which I agree. People are wildly wanting to kick Bucks out but not picking who they want as his replacement and their availability. I need to have more information before I decide. Even with the presidency Collingwood had idiots who just about wrecked the flag for good. This instant society wanting instant success from a replacement coach is only going to set them up for failure. Meticulous assessment is required before appointing the next coach at Collingwood. This requires patience.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:27 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
The way Buckley came to the job as an unproven coach, parachuted in to coach a club that won 22 games the previous year just highlights the heavy reliance the Buckley coaching tenure has on MCGuire. Besides making an unlikely grand final in 2018 the Buckley tenure has been a dark period. Without MCGuire, Buckley would never have coached in 2018. Buckley I’m afraid is not a leader, he is a polarising player of favourites and an enemy of flair. That is why during his tenure it is flair and dare that has always been in short supply. Without flair and dare you do not win flags. Buckley is a defensive coach, like Scott of Geelong, when they get in front their only methodology is to protect a lead. It’s poor coaching. He is gone and he will know it.

Yep, agree totally

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:52 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Bucks has said himself he’ll walk if he can’t get the team to success. If we’re a mess next year, he’ll pull the pin himself.

And it's going to take him 10 years to work that out? or Ed? or the Club?

(and please about 2018 - 5 goals up and stuffed it. Injuries no excuse either as WCE was just as bad).

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:54 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:

Really ? i can name another 8 GFs, which had nothing to do with Bucks for defensive shit, where we did exactly the same thing, some of em Buckley was not even bloody born yet, like the disasters of 1970, and 1977, 1979. Its a Collingwood thing, not just Bucks, other coaches. FWIW, a bloody blind umpire not awarding Maynard that very blatant free late in the game, from which that asshole Sheed goaled, did not help our cause, a cruel twist of fate. Confused

Pies I agree with you, Buckley is only one of many defensive coaches and he is not responsible for anything from the past. He is an ok coach and our systems are as much to blame as the head coach. I'm a Collingwood supporter, I wore McKenna's number as a kid & I know the pain of the the games you are referring to but I don't want our club defined by that or we will never move on. We cannot keep blaming umpires and misfortune for everything that doesn't work out. We need to move forward as a football club and remove ourselves from the excuses of the past completely. We need strong leadership and a sustainable model that is free of parochialism, so we have no reason to look back. It is over for Nathan Buckley, he has had his chance, he has had a good go at it.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:33 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:

Really ? i can name another 8 GFs, which had nothing to do with Bucks for defensive shit, where we did exactly the same thing, some of em Buckley was not even bloody born yet, like the disasters of 1970, and 1977, 1979. Its a Collingwood thing, not just Bucks, other coaches. FWIW, a bloody blind umpire not awarding Maynard that very blatant free late in the game, from which that asshole Sheed goaled, did not help our cause, a cruel twist of fate. Confused

Pies I agree with you, Buckley is only one of many defensive coaches and he is not responsible for anything from the past. He is an ok coach and our systems are as much to blame as the head coach. I'm a Collingwood supporter, I wore McKenna's number as a kid & I know the pain of the the games you are referring to but I don't want our club defined by that or we will never move on. We cannot keep blaming umpires and misfortune for everything that doesn't work out. We need to move forward as a football club and remove ourselves from the excuses of the past completely. We need strong leadership and a sustainable model that is free of parochialism, so we have no reason to look back. It is over for Nathan Buckley, he has had his chance, he has had a good go at it.

Yeh, true, 2018 was a sliding door moment, for him and the Club, only ONCE in a GF had we had ANY shred of luck, that was of course, the Tiprat bounce of first GF 2010, thats the only time i can recall, and my memory goes back to 1964, GF, when a Dees player kicked a goal with one minute to go, and of course the nightmare of 1966, etc. I agree, we have to move on. Mind u, if and i say IF, this new youngish team welds together fast, and really hits some peak form, show real promise, they might persevere with Bucks, so, the ball is now very much in his court, thats for sure. Time will tell, be interesting times. Surprised

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:41 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
no, Bux can't continue without Ed. Snip

Absolute bollocks, Buckley didn’t want Wells or Mayne and the man responsible buggered off to Brisbane. Well known Buckley had a go at him in the hallway in front of others when he learned Wells had been signed.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:38 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:

Yeh, true, 2018 was a sliding door moment, for him and the Club, only ONCE in a GF had we had ANY shred of luck, that was of course, the Tiprat bounce of first GF 2010, thats the only time i can recall, and my memory goes back to 1964, GF, when a Dees player kicked a goal with one minute to go, and of course the nightmare of 1966, etc. I agree, we have to move on. Mind u, if and i say IF, this new youngish team welds together fast, and really hits some peak form, show real promise, they might persevere with Bucks, so, the ball is now very much in his court, thats for sure. Time will tell, be interesting times. Surprised

It sure will be interesting to see how the younger team goes. We cant expect too much from the kids yet, but who knows? Love the Tiprat reference! Geez we were in trouble toward the end of that game. A couple of unlikely players saved us that day - Dawes fighting for the ball in the goal square and McCaffer's effort on the wing. I loved that team.
Wonka 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:47 pm

think positive wrote:
premiership

Yep.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:50 pm

BEAMER09 wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Bucks has said himself he’ll walk if he can’t get the team to success. If we’re a mess next year, he’ll pull the pin himself.

And it's going to take him 10 years to work that out? or Ed? or the Club?

(and please about 2018 - 5 goals up and stuffed it. Injuries no excuse either as WCE was just as bad).

Yeah nothing to do with the umpiring.

And people continually referring to the handover. Even Maxwell said they played for mick in his last year and it lifted them that few percent required to win a flag. We wouldn’t have got Ball and Jolly, who were instrumental to the flag, and we wouldn’t have played with such flair and dash and attacking footy if Mick wasn’t on the way out. And if the ball had bounced Milne’s way, like it would 99% of the other time, Saints would have won the flag and we wouldn’t be having this conversation ,
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:07 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:

It sure will be interesting to see how the younger team goes. We cant expect too much from the kids yet, but who knows? Love the Tiprat reference! Geez we were in trouble toward the end of that game. A couple of unlikely players saved us that day - Dawes fighting for the ball in the goal square and McCaffer's effort on the wing. I loved that team.

True mate, i never saw the Tiprat bounce live, nope, when bloody Goddard took that sensational mark, the ghosts of all our GF losses flooded my memory, and i freaked out, and left the house, went for long walk, got back to my son yelling ITS A FOOKING DRAW!!!! Thankfully next week we bolted home. Yeh ten yrs ago now, only 2 players left, things move fast in footy. lets hope our next GF is not far, and we FINALLY get the breaks. ! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20   

Jump to: