Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Can Bux continue without Ed?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R_T_RUSH 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:52 pm
Post subject: Can Bux continue without Ed?Reply with quote

Top 6 was the pass mark for Bux next season for mine, maybe a bit generous?
Without Eddie‘s support, what’s a pass mark for Bux in 2021?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

premiership
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:01 pm

Short of winning a premiership, he shouldn't be receiving an extension beyond next year.

We'll likely have a new coach in 2022.

Last edited by Jezza on Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:01 pm

Bucks has said himself he’ll walk if he can’t get the team to success. If we’re a mess next year, he’ll pull the pin himself.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:33 pm

The way Buckley came to the job as an unproven coach, parachuted in to coach a club that won 22 games the previous year just highlights the heavy reliance the Buckley coaching tenure has on MCGuire. Besides making an unlikely grand final in 2018 the Buckley tenure has been a dark period. Without MCGuire, Buckley would never have coached in 2018. Buckley I’m afraid is not a leader, he is a polarising player of favourites and an enemy of flair. That is why during his tenure it is flair and dare that has always been in short supply. Without flair and dare you do not win flags. Buckley is a defensive coach, like Scott of Geelong, when they get in front their only methodology is to protect a lead. It’s poor coaching. He is gone and he will know it.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:33 pm

The way Buckley came to the job as an unproven coach, parachuted in to coach a club that won 22 games the previous year just highlights the heavy reliance the Buckley coaching tenure has on MCGuire. Besides making an unlikely grand final in 2018 the Buckley tenure has been a dark period. Without MCGuire, Buckley would never have coached in 2018. Buckley I’m afraid is not a leader, he is a polarising player of favourites and an enemy of flair. That is why during his tenure it is flair and dare that has always been in short supply. Without flair and dare you do not win flags. Buckley is a defensive coach, like Scott of Geelong, when they get in front their only methodology is to protect a lead. It’s poor coaching. He is gone and he will know it.
DT 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:26 pm

I think he lacks trust with some players as he is not a natural leader
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:38 pm

I really don't like Bux..
Never have.
But his record is not bad the last few years.
Seems to have the majority of players on his side.
We should see what happens by the end of the year.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:59 pm

I think now with Ed stepping aside he won’t have the board support if we slide out of the 8. Given the players we have lost and although it appears we have drafted well it’s a longer term prospect with those draftees.

I expect we will take a hit in the short term and starting this next phase the time is right for change, not only at board level but in the coaches box as well.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:42 am

The guy got us into a grand final and a kick away from winning with the largest injury list f all time and without any tall defenders against the tallest and best forward line in the comp.

But whatever..............

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:07 pm

No.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:22 pm

MJ23 wrote:
The guy got us into a grand final and a kick away from winning with the largest injury list f all time and without any tall defenders against the tallest and best forward line in the comp.

But whatever..............

Very true, one kick away from a much deserved flag, against all the odds, a real sliding doors moment, for the Club and Bucks. One thing is certain, we now are a very young team, would be one of the youngest now, i dont think a flag can be won by such a young side next season, we have lost a lot of experience. Its irrational to think Bucks, or any damn coach, could take the side to a Premiership next year, some here really need to get a bloody grip for once, just keyboard warriors. How the season pans out depends on Bucks being re signed, if we lose games we should have won, get belted a few times, then yes, its probably time to bring the curtain down on Bucks tenure. But if we show reall good form, win some games against tough Opposition, and show what we are capable of under him, with so many new kids, then i think he may get re appointed maybe. We just have to see how the season pans out, under him, then make the call.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:27 pm

I believe that the 2018 grand final loss was due to defensive coaching tactics during the period when we had a winning lead. Collingwood did not deserve that flag because they had every chance on the day to put the Eagles away and defended a lead instead.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:32 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
I believe that the 2018 grand final loss was due to defensive coaching tactics during the period when we had a winning lead. Collingwood did not deserve that flag because they had every chance on the day to put the Eagles away and defended a lead instead.

Really ? i can name another 8 GFs, which had nothing to do with Bucks for defensive shit, where we did exactly the same thing, some of em Buckley was not even bloody born yet, like the disasters of 1970, and 1977, 1979. Its a Collingwood thing, not just Bucks, other coaches. FWIW, a bloody blind umpire not awarding Maynard that very blatant free late in the game, from which that asshole Sheed goaled, did not help our cause, a cruel twist of fate. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:33 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:

Also we had to play Moore.... we didn't, they punished us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20   

Jump to: