Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#18 Finlay Macrae

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^

BTW comparing Swanny with McRae is paramount to sacrilege!

Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:51 pm

^
In any any shape or form

Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:54 pm

^
Swanny is one of those exceptions….

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:34 pm

Josh Daicos.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:02 pm

^^ ^
Ben Keays
Boot 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:22 pm

Michael Tuck at Hawthorn played a lot of games in their reserves team before he was able to force his way into their top team before going on to play more than 400 games and captain the Hawks to several premierships.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:32 pm

Dipper
James Morrissey
Michael Tuck
Darrin Pritchard
Ray Jencke
Peter Schwab

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:51 pm

Said by Zed wrote:
Sorry folks…love the kid but any player (especially a mid) who has had 3 seasons under his belt and hasn’t been able to force a spot in the Seniors never will (with some exceptions of course) and is not a player we want or need…..this is a fact. Don’t believe me? which current player in any other club has served a longer apprenticeship (2+ seasons) before coming into seniors and being a star (obviously not including KPDs & KPFs).
Serviceable at best - will never be the player we hoped.

Darcy Cameron

Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:35 pm

Hahahaha again comparing Begg with Swanny, Tuck, Dipper, Schwab et al is incredulous 😳😳😳 and disrespectful
Like I stated there’s obviously always going to be exceptions to the rule but intrinsically nearly each and every one of the players mentioned could play…from what I’ve seen of Begg he’s a long way off unfortunately - facts
“blind belief is the greatest enemy of truth” - Galileo

MC's Mix 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:27 pm

Said by Zed wrote:
Hahahaha again comparing Begg with Swanny, Tuck, Dipper, Schwab et al is incredulous 😳😳😳 and disrespectful

Like I stated there’s obviously always going to be exceptions to the rule but intrinsically nearly each and every one of the players mentioned could play…from what I’ve seen of Begg he’s a long way off unfortunately - facts

“blind belief is the greatest enemy of truth” - Galileo

So everyone else is talking about Fin Macrae, given we're in the Fin Macrae thread.
I'm not even sure anymore if you're just trolling because not a lot of what you've said makes sense.
You can't just discount all of the (many) examples that prove your point irrelevant just because it doesn't fit your narrative.
If you're that keen to rag on young Collingwood players, maybe go and support another team?
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:10 am

MC's Mix wrote:
^

Settle petal…everything makes sense if you take a breath and have another read. BTW you’re so wrong on all accounts. Wasn’t ‘ragging’ on him, in fact did not write one derogatory word just stated the bleedin obvious. He hasn’t been able to show anything in 3 seasons and doesn’t look like he ever will. Just an average good VFL player. However, as I said earlier I’d like nothing more than to be proven wrong…but I won’t.
Secondly, none of the few examples of the many litany of players who’ve played the game over the many years doesn’t discount my point at all…in fact bringing up a handful of players from decades ago only strengthens my case…absolute guns who were exceptions to the rule.
Still thinking every kid we bring in will be a star and discounting all evidence at hand is ridiculous. But thanks for your unsolicited opinion.
Blind belief is the greatest enemy to truth.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:53 am

I thought Chad Wadell was going to be a new Daicos. Shocked Embarassed
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:54 pm

^ I think you mean Chad Liddell Smile
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:09 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I thought Chad Wadell was going to be a new Daicos. Shocked Embarassed

^ the Chad. I share a birthday with him, so that was enough for me to think I had a connection, and I too kept a close watch on his development.
But as his bio noted "When he arrived from Mentone Grammar, he looked like a great prospect early in 1995 as a running forward, but then lost his way."
I'm not sure what "lost his way" exactly means. But with us missing the finals, Matthews departing, along with Alan McAlister leading us into the Tony Shaw coached years, I don't think he would have been the only one to lose his way.

https://forever.collingwoodfc.com.au/players/chad-liddell/

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
K 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:30 pm

Simply_Brutal wrote:
Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
Nothing wrong with his disposal. When you're delivering the ball to spuds in the VFL and they turn it over, your disposal efficiency will suffer.

That’s not how that stat is calculated. You could kick to a 50/50 and still have an effective disposal regardless of the outcome.

Your teammates do have some effect.

e.g. It's common to see an okay kick stuffed up by the receiving teammate standing waiting for the ball instead of attacking it. Worse still, the standing teammate thinks he can try to take a chest mark instead of marking out in front. So of course the oppo spoils or intercepts. Hate it when I see Pies players making this mistake!

Works the other way too...

Luck can make a bad disposal "good".

e.g.

K wrote:
vs. Hawthorn, Round 6, 2020

Q2 07:58 centre bounce HO with left hand to right; bounces a couple of times; Wills tries to collect and oppo gets in his back for free kick, so counts as 'to advantage'.

It was the usual trash Grundy hit out to no one... But Rupert's opponent shoved him in the back. So it counts as "hit out to advantage"!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14   

Jump to: