Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#18 Finlay Macrae

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
Yep, it was a great pass. Has a very similar kicking technique to his brother.

I was encouraged by his performances earlier in the year. The talent is evident, but he just needs to build his tank.

Remember watching him against the Suns looking physically knackered by the end of the game.

Perfectly expressed. That was a beautiful 40 meter pass. Unfortunately we have too many players who regularly miss targets and players like McCrae are a breath of fresh air for the club. Poulter and Bianco are also beautiful kicks.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:30 am

^^^ Poulter too often employs the 9 iron rather than the woods or a 2 - 3 iron. He has the capacity, but isn't in the same league yet of Macrae, Bianco or IQ.

He will get there though and all signs are very promising.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:33 pm

Boogie Knights wrote:
^^^ Poulter too often employs the 9 iron rather than the woods or a 2 - 3 iron. He has the capacity, but isn't in the same league yet of Macrae, Bianco or IQ.
He will get there though, and all signs are very promising.

Maybe a more Attacking Game make Poulter kicking better.
Instead of Taking Mark then Waiting for something to Happen then where he Kicks it Long to a Contest.
Showed Twice in 2nd Half how good he can be.
1st he Took the Game on and then Hit Bianco on the Chest.
2nd In last Qtr and kicked one down the Middle that hit a Player between 2 Opposition Players.
Think he do lot better with New Coaches and Getting Stronger and more experience.

Last edited by Dave The Man on Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:46 pm

I watched a Doggies game just recently and their McCrae can sight a teammate and get the Sherrin to him quick and acutely
I’ve seen that pass to JT and thought “Crikey skill is a family thing”
I can’t waiti till we stabilise the club ,get new coaching staff cos with McCrae and Bianco (not forgetting Poulter & McCreery) we definitely have a future

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:13 pm

I agree DTM, Poulter definitely has it in him, and has shown it.

He didn't use the 9 iron when playing VFL at all... I think it's just a case of becoming comfortable and confident at the AFL level to play on his own terms. As you say, not stop, prop, kick to a contest but rather play with instinct and no fear.

That seems to have been a trait of the team his year and last, we appear afraid to take the game on, afraid of turning the ball over and it going the other way too quickly for the defence to set up. We need to play without fear, those with the skills to do it, need to be released to bite off those options that open up the ground and provide better forward movement, ultimately creating better scoring opportunity.

I get that while we have largely been a poor kicking team, we've had to play conservatively, but with the skill coming through in the young brigade, we have the opportunity to change that and take the game on. Use IQ, Poulter and Bianco (Macrae to come) as we come off half back and through the middle, they can be the perfect link between the 50m arcs.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:00 pm

Poulter has had a fine debut season but the key to his improvement will be how hard he’s prepared to work in the off season. It will be the same for all of them.
I just hope they all do more work than the minimum required with their individual programs. The kids that kick on are the ones who work really hard in the off season and come back into the program better than the way they left it the previous year.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:09 pm

With McCreery, Poulter, Bianco and Macrae, we've definitely unearthed some great emerging talent. And there's still Mcinnis, Rantall, Ginnivan and Henry in the wings. However, what we need now is to find some KP talent. I had hoped that Kelly and Keane would have started to really come on, but their development seems to have stalled somewhat. Hopefully our next coach (and their assistants) will help them step up and stake claims on some key positions in our side. After all, Roughead and Howe are nearing the end of their careers, and we still desperately need a good CHF.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:50 pm

Boogie Knights wrote:
I get that while we have largely been a poor kicking team, we've had to play conservatively, but with the skill coming through in the young brigade, we have the opportunity to change that and take the game on. Use IQ, Poulter and Bianco (Macrae to come) as we come off half back and through the middle, they can be the perfect link between the 50m arcs.

It is good to see we have Drafted Players/Prospects who Can Kick and Use the Ball Well. We have lacked that a Bit

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:52 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
With McCreery, Poulter, Bianco and Macrae, we've definitely unearthed some great emerging talent. And there's still Mcinnis, Rantall, Ginnivan and Henry in the wings. However, what we need now is to find some KP talent. I had hoped that Kelly and Keane would have started to really come on, but their development seems to have stalled somewhat. Hopefully our next coach (and their assistants) will help them step up and stake claims on some key positions in our side. After all, Roughead and Howe are nearing the end of their careers, and we still desperately need a good CHF.

I'd settle for a competent one Sad

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:32 pm
Post subject: Re: Finlay MacraeReply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
Last week we had little to get excited about even the junk time goals. But did anybody see the 40 metre left foot pass inboard to a leading Thomas in last quarter. ......

Yep, commented at the time to the guys I was sitting with. A ripper.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:33 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

I think Keane of the two is not too bad and getting better. I hope he makes it.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:35 pm

Jezza wrote:
Yep, it was a great pass. Has a very similar kicking technique to his brother.

I was encouraged by his performances earlier in the year. The talent is evident, but he just needs to build his tank.

Remember watching him against the Suns looking physically knackered by the end of the game.

Like most of the young Blokes needs some size as well. But his kicking is sublime.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:39 pm

Reward? He gets omitted. Staggering
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:23 pm

I agree,he does show promise.But why is he always getting omitted or picked as the medical substitute?It’s not really going to help his development playing him this way.He needs to get more experience in the seniors.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:10 pm

I reckon Macrae will become a very good player, but he needs to bulk up a little, which he will do over the pre-season. This year, he has had a taste of the pace and pressure of senior footy, which will whet his appetite for next year. Be patient folks, the kid looks a keeper to me, but just not quite yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14   

Jump to: