Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#16 Oliver Henry

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Geelong can trade pick 7 for a few lower first round picks to get Ollie. If they offer second round, he can stay another year or hit the draft
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:53 am

The trade rules need to change.
Free agents get to pick the club they want, not out of contract or those that want to leave.
If you want out but arent a free agent the club should be able to trade you anywhere. Or if thats too much, maybe the player nominates 4 clubs he is willing to go to.
The current way this is working gives WAAAAAAAY too much power to non free agents.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:55 am

Ollie’s ooc so technically he can ask and if we don’t find a trade we agree with then he can either accept our contract offer or nominate the draft
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:03 pm

Yep, 18 is gone to GWS. I thought they said it was off limits.

Makes things interesting for the Henry trade then. The only pick they have is 38, that is until they get 7 with Bowes.

7 is probably too high, and 38 is way too low. So they'll either have to add a player with 38, or send us next years first (which at worst will be pick 18 again).

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

think positive wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Geelong are being very greedy.

They want all these young players, but are not willing to trade fairly. They are getting an absolute bargain from the Suns and they also want to get that Falcons kid with the pick 7.

We all want the best deals for our club. But this is also about helping each other out and coming to a fair conclusion. I thought Dodoro was the only one who made ridiculous offers.

yep all three clubs they want to trade with are reportedly pissed off! and rightly so!

I am starting to hate Geebung now, more than Caaarlton,and oh boy, I never though id see that day coming. So greedy, they want it all, to grab talented young kids for nothing , to enhance their ageing team, the arse of which will fall out of,w hen all their oldies retire the end of next season, you dont replace Premiership stars like Hawkins, Sellwood, Guthrie, Dunstan, Issac smith, Dangermouse, etc in a hurry, takes yrs. and yrs. So they are trying to rip us off, with this kid Henry, get him for sweetfuck all.

Stuff the Cat bastards, pick 7 or go hopping. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

think positive wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

They want all these young players, but are not willing to trade fairly. They are getting an absolute bargain from the Suns and they also want to get that Falcons kid with the pick 7.

We all want the best deals for our club. But this is also about helping each other out and coming to a fair conclusion. I thought Dodoro was the only one who made ridiculous offers.

yep all three clubs they want to trade with are reportedly pissed off! and rightly so!

I am starting to hate Geebung now, more than Caaarlton,and oh boy, I never though id see that day coming. So greedy, they want it all, to grab talented young kids for nothing , to enhance their ageing team, the arse of which will fall out of,w hen all their oldies retire the end of next season, you dont replace Premiership stars like Hawkins, Sellwood, Guthrie, Dunstan, Issac smith, Dangermouse, etc in a hurry, takes yrs. and yrs. So they are trying to rip us off, with this kid Henry, get him for sweetfuck all.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:08 pm

think positive wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:09 pm

So the turd Mackie has succumbed to media outrage (thanks Lloydy and Rendell) for effectively calling Mackie a tight arse, by trading Bruhn for their pick 18 selection this year.

So what is the likely scenario now. Don't think the Cats shall offer up pick 7 or split it for two lower first round picks. Mackie shall come back to Wright and offer a future first rounder (2023) and I implore Wright to knock that back if it's a standalone offer.

Why? Future picks in currency terms are "delayed gratification" and as such in all world sports, less valuable than a current years pick. Wright has to understand that a 2020 Henry pick lost for a 2024 (first season of a future pick) is risky two ways:

* 4 year delay in getting a return and possibly longer given they'll be 18 in 2024
* their abilities are unknown vs Henry's are known

Options:

1. tryTretain Henry stating Geelong don't value him
2. Ask for a a player + the future 2023 first rounder. I'd like Parfitt but we may not have the salary space or C Stephens as he fills an inside mid gap and would be cheap
3. Push Henry through to the Pre-Season Draft and hope the Eagles NOT Roos pick him to make him really homesick.

Fear:

Wright simply accepts a future first.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:09 pm

So the turd Mackie has succumbed to media outrage (thanks Lloydy and Rendell) for effectively calling Mackie a tight arse, by trading Bruhn for their pick 18 selection this year.

So what is the likely scenario now. Don't think the Cats shall offer up pick 7 or split it for two lower first round picks. Mackie shall come back to Wright and offer a future first rounder (2023) and I implore Wright to knock that back if it's a standalone offer.

Why? Future picks in currency terms are "delayed gratification" and as such in all world sports, less valuable than a current years pick. Wright has to understand that a 2020 Henry pick lost for a 2024 (first season of a future pick) is risky two ways:

* 4 year delay in getting a return and possibly longer given they'll be 18 in 2024

Options:

1. tryTretain Henry stating Geelong don't value him
2. Ask for a a player + the future 2023 first rounder. I'd like Parfitt but we may not have the salary space or C Stephens as he fills an inside mid gap and would be cheap
3. Push Henry through to the Pre-Season Draft and hope the Eagles NOT Roos pick him to make him really homesick.

Fear:

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:11 pm

Options:

1. Try retain Henry stating Geelong don't value him and we do

Fear:

MAY-Z 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:17 pm

inxs88 wrote:

Options:

Fear:

That isnt a fear at all, next year is a far stronger draft (maybe with less F/S too. 18 this year will probably be 20, next year if Geelong dont win it we will be getting a better pick, with less compromise

I get what you say about delayed development but i think we have enough young guys so thats not really an issue to me.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:18 pm

think positive wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:22 pm

Future high first round pick might work if we’re making a play for a big name power forward next year Wink
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:23 pm

Future high first round pick might work if we’re making a play for a big name power forward next year Wink Short term pain for long term gain
inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:23 pm

Options:

Fear:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 42 of 72   

Jump to: