Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#16 Oliver Henry

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbaker 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

mattdally wrote:
Do not trade Ollie.
I don't care what the deal is.
We need to show him we are being fair and reasonable. Cats are not coming to play fair. This is happening with all their deals. They are trying to achieve win/loss in their favour.
Send him to PSD or stay with us Ollie.

Yep, they should be splitting pick 7 into 2 later 1st round picks which they can use for Bruhn & Henry. But instead they want the lot. And then they play hardball themselves over Ratugolea. I also suspect there are issues in the negotiations between cats & suns too, which is why that deal is not done yet (cats have to give something back for that).
It's disgraceful and they deserve nothing. GWS & Pies should make a stand, as many in the media are now calling for.
I'm sure Henry will accept a 1-2 yr deal with us rather than go in the PSD, once it's demonstrated that we tried with the cats but they are totaly unreasonable.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:15 am

Rendell for once is right. Either pick 18 for Ollie Henry or a future first. If not end all discussion with Geelong and go to Henry and say we tried to get you to Geelong but they wouldn’t agree to a fair trade.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:26 am

Presti35 wrote:
This is interesting though:

Quote:
Rival clubs have reportedly begun circling contracted Cat Cooper Stephens as a potential target this trade period, with the youthful midfielder likely to be pushed down Geelong's pecking order.

https://www.zerohanger.com/rivals-court-contracted-cat-cooper-stephens-afl-trade-news-128636/

Cooper Stephens, any good? I dont know anything about him.

Was pick 16 in 2019, the year before Oli.

188 cm, 21 years old, drafted from Colac (Vic)/Geelong U18 Shocked

I would absolutely do a Stephens for Henry trade in a heartbeat.

Stephens is a good sized inside mid who is strong at the coal face with contested ball (was likened to Nat Fyfe). He can run all day - from memory, he did really well endurance wise at the combine in his draft year. He also missed a lot of footy (broken leg) or would have been in the top 10 discussion. While he was out though, the kid hit the gym hard and is seriously ripped.

He could be a Lipinski like get - different player, but someone not getting a game in a deep and talented midfield who would thrive with game time.

Yes, he was a Geelong Falcon, but this looks to be a case of the player going the other way Smile

Fits out age profile, fits our need, is a hard worker... It's a yes please from me.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:36 am

tbaker wrote:
^ yep, they either have a 2nd income, or they have benefactors who pay the living expenses of their stars

Can someone seriously tell me why the AFL don’t have any suspicions about the Cat’s cooking the books and that this is worthy of an investigation? Even if everything is above board, that is information we don’t have now. Do the media give Geelong an easier task to hide from a microscope than say, Collingwood? If so, why? Instead of guessing, why not get factual information about this issue? What is the problem that exists for clearing suspicions? I honestly think that this is the type of situation that stinks to high heaven BECAUSE of the inaction from the AFL to investigate possible salary cap breaches. Some clubs avoid a culture of suspicion aimed at them whereas other clubs cannot avoid AFL interference.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:40 am

Gave me a heart attack, Boogie Knights. I thought you meant Stephenson for Ollie. 😂 North are offering their #1 pick though.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:41 am

lazzadesilva wrote:
tbaker wrote:
^ yep, they either have a 2nd income, or they have benefactors who pay the living expenses of their stars

Can someone seriously tell me why the AFL don’t have any suspicions about the Cat’s cooking the books and that this is worthy of an investigation? Even if everything is above board, that is information we don’t have now. Do the media give Geelong an easier task to hide from a microscope than say, Collingwood? If so, why? Instead of guessing, why not get factual information about this issue? What is the problem that exists for clearing suspicions? I honestly think that this is the type of situation that stinks to high heaven BECAUSE of the inaction from the AFL to investigate possible salary cap breaches. Some clubs avoid a culture of suspicion aimed at them whereas other clubs cannot avoid AFL interference.

Because they’ve had Geelong people at AFL HQ for years. Recently Brad Scott as GM. It’s why E. Maguire or N. Buckley will never get gigs there.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:48 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Because they’ve had Geelong people at AFL HQ for years. Recently Brad Scott as GM. It’s why E. Maguire or N. Buckley will never get gigs there.

Sadly your post hits the nail. Another issue that screams corruption.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:51 am

Presti35 wrote:
In 2002 Collingwood traded Nick Davis to the Swans in return for pick 22. That ended up being Bo Nixon.

We gave in then. We could have used him in 2003. Instead, he basically wins Sydney the Prelim and plays in the Premiership in 2005. It's a tragic tale.

I dont want another Nick Davis scenario.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_AFL_draft

We also traded in a former Brownlow medallist for pick 14 that year.

Young gun out, former Brownlow in... Shocked

Jeepers. That Draft was a shocker for the Pies. No wonder we bottomed out come 2005.

I met Cameron Cloke's ex girlfiend around that time... not relevant...

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:32 am

People need to take a breath, still DAYS to go in the trade. Wait till the last day when the whips get cracking.... magically, pick.7 will be split.

Geelong are just posturing, obviously they are going to start insulting low...then move up...it is what good recuiters do....remember when we offered only pick.30 for Luke Ball?

I suspect Gold Coast want a little bit back for Bowes and pick.7 which Geelong are baulking at.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:39 am

Dogs are posturing and threatening the draft for Dunkley if they get lowballed. Straight out said it. Should we do the same if Geelong lowball us?
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:44 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Dogs are posturing and threatening the draft for Dunkley if they get lowballed. Straight out said it. Should we do the same if Geelong lowball us?

Yes

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:52 am

double yep
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:54 am

lazzadesilva wrote:
tbaker wrote:

dank and the ice dealing coach were both at the cats before essendrug, just sayin

MAY-Z 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:17 am

well 18 looks gone, interesting, hopefully that means a future first for Ollie
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:27 am

Yep first round or Henry stays a Collingwood player
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 41 of 72   

Jump to: