Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#16 Oliver Henry

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry, I think, will come in for WHE who has a fresh hip injury. I think Henry is in our best 22 and could have been in calculations to return to the AFL side anyway. Bianco (Sub), McCreery could have made way for him without the WHE injury.

I also think there was an issue surrounding his expiring contract and Geelong hovering around.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:38 pm

Oliver will be back, all in good time, he will be back.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:51 pm

I heard Fly mention that Henry was sent back to the VFL to work on the defensive side of his game, so he could still impact games when he didn't mark it. Johnson has taken his spot and won't be vacating it any time soon. I suspect we won't see Henry back until next year, unless one of our forwards gets injured. The other possibility would be to move McCreery to a wing and play Henry up forward, but we would lose those valuable pressure acts in our forward line.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:52 pm

i really hope we can hang on to him and develope him, hes a gem, id hate the fricken cats to get him
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:06 pm

It would be disastrous if Wrighty can’t resign Henry.
themonk 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:13 pm

Cam wrote:
Jack Madgen has kicked 4 during the second quarter of the VFL today. https://www.afl.com.au/vfl/matches/4322 live now

not funny Cam 😓
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:16 pm

I was impressed with Poulter, Kelly, Ruscoe, McCrae. Henry had a decent game too, Madge was very solid. McMahon reminded me a little of Howe.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:27 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I heard Fly mention that Henry was sent back to the VFL to work on the defensive side of his game, so he could still impact games when he didn't mark it. Johnson has taken his spot and won't be vacating it any time soon. I suspect we won't see Henry back until next year, unless one of our forwards gets injured. The other possibility would be to move McCreery to a wing and play Henry up forward, but we would lose those valuable pressure acts in our forward line.

Absolutely, I heard the same thing. He needs to do more when he hasn't got the ball. Kid is a ripper, just needs to learn defensive traits.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:42 pm
Post subject: Re: Henry the forgotten forwardReply with quote

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
I'm wondering how Henry can get back in this current side to be ready for the finals.
Tough matches will continue so will it be next year now?

He’ll be back this week is my bet. WHE out injured and or Nack Ginnivan dropped for the same reasons Fly gave for leaving Ollie out. Lack of pressure and tackling. Henry takes a great grab and also kicks goals.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:52 pm

I reckon it will be Henry for WHE. Seems the most logical change.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:13 pm

think positive wrote:
i really hope we can hang on to him and develope him, hes a gem, id hate the fricken cats to get him

Can't get to the cats unless we trade him there.
If he goes in the draft, cats will have a very late pick and he won't last. Probably end up at norf.

So I think he stays.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:35 pm
Post subject: Re: Henry the forgotten forwardReply with quote

mudlark wrote:
Take_a_Screamer wrote:
I'm wondering how Henry can get back in this current side to be ready for the finals.
Tough matches will continue so will it be next year now?

He’ll be back this week is my bet. WHE out injured and or Nack Ginnivan dropped for the same reasons Fly gave for leaving Ollie out. Lack of pressure and tackling. Henry takes a great grab and also kicks goals.

Ginni had 3 tackles on the weekend. My call is Fly will only drop him if he needs a mental health break.

He's averaging this year, 1.8 goals a game, 7.2 kicks, 2.8 marks. Almost exactly the same numbers as Eddie Betts over his career. Yeah, he could chase and tackle more and I'm sure that's being worked on

Marvelos 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:17 am

He ain’t coming back this season unless he replaces Ash, he doesn’t chase, some say he needs a another pre season, I say you don’t learn how to chase, either you want it or you don’t, you can pretend for a while but old habits are hard to kick.
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:49 am

^ you might not have to learn how to chase, but I suspect some boys have to learn that being brilliant at some things while not chasing, is not a route to a sustained career. Henry was ok in the scoobs this week, and I think his work rate is improving. Watching Ash tearing it up in front of 80k must be a powerful incentive.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:28 am

I think that Henry will come in for WHE.

Bianco will go back to the VFL for a full game.

I think that Ruscoe may be the medical-sub in Sydney- he is tough and resilient and offers cover for the back six.

Much to like in the VFL yesterday- McMahon and Kelly continue to blossom and McRae, Henry, Draper, Ruscoe, Poulter were all solid or better.

Madgen was best on with 25 possessions and five goals- certainly looked a different player in the last two weeks- really seems to relish the opportunity to play forward.

It will be of great benefit to have our back-up players having a run in September to maintain match-fitness.

For what it is worth, I think we should look to draft Sam Glover in this year's draft- he is a very solid intercept mark and has the look of a natural footballer about him. Blackmore-Moore will also get picked up by some team- a clever small forward.

Floreat Pica

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 4 of 72   

Jump to: