Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#16 Oliver Henry

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

He’s not hated by his former teammates, but he won’t be given a warm welcome on game day by some Wink

Just think if he’d put his head down bum up and decided “right now I’m playing for Collingwood and should make the effort to be the best I can be for my teammates, coaches and support staff and have a shot at a flag. And show Geelong why they should trade for me.” We might have won a GF. Instead he was self-entitled and thought he could coast and Geelong would still take him (and unfortunately he was right). Compare to other players who “want to go home” but still put the effort in — except Nick Davis, who deceived us all with his ”injury.”
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:17 am

Think we can cope with out henry any way.

We have likes of Ginny Elliott and McCreery in the same mould of henry.

We can win with out henry.

We do have alot of flanker type players.

Same with the grundy situation we have depth to cover but more so in the henry case. Grundy situation will be more challenging.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:28 am

Most sense you’ve said in a while, 90 Nice! I agree mate, we’ve got plenty to cover Henry. Johnson will be better next year. Hill will be a big inclusion. Ginni will be better. McStay will bring a big body.

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:37 am

yeah thanks mate. Forgot about Hill.
Johnson is more a key position type.
Forward keys are Ash Johnson Michocek McStay then the flankers like Ginny Elliott McCreery Hill.

Nice forward line.

Need a spearhead. Kicking 3-4 goals a match then a big bag of 6 goals every 3rd match and possible to kick 100 goals in a season.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:49 am

Charlie Oneeye wrote:

What irks me, is his hands on hips and getting told where to run. If the prick was tanking in real games, I'd love to see him on the turf.

The kid missed a lot of footy due to committing to the sport late and then being in lockdown in his TAC year. To have spent another 2 years being anything but the best he could be is going to affect just how far he makes it.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:14 pm

90 nice wrote:
Need a spearhead. Kicking 3-4 goals a match then a big bag of 6 goals every 3rd match and possible to kick 100 goals in a season.

Very unlikely to ever happen again in the future of the AFL.
Henry was playing as an undersized KPF. More than happy to let that go and upgrade to McStay.
My gut says Johnson doesnt play 50 games but time will tell.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:40 pm

Johnson looked lost in the prelim but could have been nerves
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:17 pm

Ash will play at least 200 games
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:52 pm

MJ23 wrote:
sherrife wrote:
Also, when you're feeling a bit down, think how much Geelong traded away to get Henry:

- 38, 48 and 55 in this year’s draft
- Plus future second and future fourth
- Plus pick 25 (which they got for all the above)
- Plus Cooper Stephens, a decent midfield prospect that they did not want to lose.

That's an expensive family reunion.

I'm fine with players wanting to go to certain clubs, life is more than just sport. But I think he lost the fans with his ultimatums... when he could have just said to Geelong, deal fairly with the Pies and it can be a win-win for all.

Spot on - I remind every cat supporter when we have a "back and forth" on twitter that Henry has pushed Cooper out - Cooper was very well liked among the playing group. I wonder how his mates feel about Henry pushing him out.

Likewise. The Geelong Football Club didn't handle it well. Ollie Henry didn't handle it well. All Ollie Henry had to say was that he appreciated his time at Collingwood and was interested in a move back to Geelong. Instead it was a big song and a dance about missing his brother and the 40 minute drive up the highway back to Geelong. The result would have been exactly the same. Ollie would have got his wish and got to Geelong and our wish list of pick 25 and Tom Mitchell would have been satisfied as well. I'm sure Stephen Wells would have done it differently. Now there's bad will between Collingwood supporters and Ollie Henry that he'll have to live with.

Geelong have shown themselves to be unprofessional in all this. Look at Esava Ratugolea. His wish was to go to Port Adelaide because he couldn't get a senior game at Geelong. He didn't make a song and a dance about it. Port offered pick 33 for him which was perfectly reasonable. Geelong refused to negotiate. What's Esava supposed to do next year when he still can't get a game in the senior side at Geelong. My guess is at the end of next year he gets to Port Adelaide at a pick that won't be any better than the pick 33 Port offered for him this year.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:54 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Nick Davis says hi

say hi back to him.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:45 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:

Geelong have shown themselves to be unprofessional in all this. Look at Esava Ratugolea. His wish was to go to Port Adelaide because he couldn't get a senior game at Geelong. He didn't make a song and a dance about it. Port offered pick 33 for him which was perfectly reasonable. Geelong refused to negotiate. What's Esava supposed to do next year when he still can't get a game in the senior side at Geelong. My guess is at the end of next year he gets to Port Adelaide at a pick that won't be any better than the pick 33 Port offered for him this year.

The media love fest with Geelong was nauseating during the last week.
Constantly pointing out that the Cats help a player move to a club if he’s not getting a game as if NO OTHER club does that…..to then deny Rutagolea a trade despite the fact that he isn’t in their best 25.

I do recall us trading Beams when that was in his best interest and also facilitated a trade for Witts to GCS to give him more opportunity.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:36 am

Geelong are hypocritical a-holes. End of story. As for Ollie, he burnt bridges with Collingwood and he’s going to face some cold shoulders at Geelong for pushing Cooper Stephens out. Rata will be asking why Ollie gets his trade wish but he doesn’t too. Hoping this causes some rifts at Geelong and cracks start emerging on game days.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:20 pm

Should lock this thread and move on and forget about the brat until we play them next year and bury him. Or whenever he finally gets into the firsts.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:50 pm

didick wrote:
Should lock this thread and move on and forget about the brat until we play them next year and bury him. Or whenever he finally gets into the firsts.

Yes please. Mods, I think it's time to lock this one now.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:35 pm

+1.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 70 of 72   

Jump to: