Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Speculation about future wins and losses

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, with regard to win/loss only, where did you all think we’d be after 7 rounds? Considering our draw and personnel exits and other off season turmoil and other preseason disruptions, we were always only ever looking down the barrel of 2 and 5 or 3 and 4 at best. Do you think more-in-the-know people than us at the club didn’t prognose this? Believe me they’re not panicking yet as much as the rest of us....

Yes, ‘qld’ round 10 sounds about right but not for the reasons you suggest - it’s when we start getting into an easier part of our draw and our game plan solidifies and develops and we string a few wins together launching us again into a sustained finals tilt.

Check it out for yourself if you don’t believe me - the evidence doesn’t lie.

Last edited by Said by Zed on Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
K 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:59 pm

Said by Zed wrote:
... our game plan solidifies and develops and we string a few wins together launching us again into a sustained finals tilt.

Unless it's a new game plan, does it need such time? If it is a new game plan, what is new about it? Question
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:18 pm

K wrote:
Said by Zed wrote:
... our game plan solidifies and develops and we string a few wins together launching us again into a sustained finals tilt.

Unless it's a new game plan, does it need such time? If it is a new game plan, what is new about it? Question

Game plans and styles usually start one way at the beginning of the season and then mature into something significantly different by mid-season and finals.

Tigers, Geelong and West coast aren’t going that great at the moment but they’ll fine tune and develop and undoubtedly be there in the top 4 - 6 for sure. The Bulldogs, Melbourne and Swans are firing on all cylinders looking super impressive competing for the April Premiership...but I guarantee they’ll all be found out and struggling to hold a spot in the top 8. How often have we seen Carlscum and Essendopers come out of the blocks killing it with everyone jumping on board the BS train expecting finals only to fall to the wayside in a stinking pile of bile and turd.

We’ll come through this lean period maybe 2 and 5 and then make a big run eventually inplanting some of our young guns along the wY when they’re ready and storming into the finals....in preparation for a successful draft period and gun recruit or two eventually bringing on ultimate success in 2022!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:19 am

2 and 5 might not quite be time to get out the pitchforks, but it's certainly starting a long way back to make the finals (let alone to be in a position that's not just making up the numbers). I don't think anyone would see that as a pass mark. And I'm not sure there'll be many easy games for us this year, to be honest, so I'd be looking at any claims of a "soft" draw sceptically.
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:47 am

David wrote:
2 and 5 might not quite be time to get out the pitchforks, but it's certainly starting a long way back to make the finals (let alone to be in a position that's not just making up the numbers). I don't think anyone would see that as a pass mark. And I'm not sure there'll be many easy games for us this year, to be honest, so I'd be looking at any claims of a "soft" draw sceptically.

Not a “soft” draw as much as it is slightly “easier” for several rounds considering opponent and travel - it’s usually where and when you get the opportunity to try out kids and give others a spell....after they’ve had the opportunity to show a bit in the VFL.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:05 am

An injury ridden GWS last Saturday would be to my mind an “easy” round 4

But we know how that panned out

We just have to keep plugging away and get a few things done better —the infusion of Beau and Fin over the weeks plus maybe some senior players

AFL is not an easy caper

derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:09 pm

Attacking Essendon and Carlton for grandess is a tad rich Zed...as a club we have been pretty good in years gone by at "drinking our own bathwater" far too early in a season too.

But I digress, if we are waiting for the second half of the season for things to "click" and an "better" draw regarding matches. Then I fear your in for a long long season.

I shall also take umbrage with your call on both the Doggies and the Demons. Doggies will be top 4. Demons ok jury is still out for me..but I will say I have enjoyed watching Dogs, Demons and even the Bombers more then watching our mob so far. They play with some flare and excitement that I wish Collingwood had one tenth of .

I am however, happy to accept that this will be a down year. We need a new coach and we shall get the effective number 1 or 2 draft pick...for mine that makes the off-season far more of an

Big T 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:24 pm

derkd wrote:
Attacking Essendon and Carlton for grandess is a tad rich Zed...as a club we have been pretty good in years gone by at "drinking our own bathwater" far too early in a season too.

But I digress, if we are waiting for the second half of the season for things to "click" and an "better" draw regarding matches. Then I fear your in for a long long season.

I shall also take umbrage with your call on both the Doggies and the Demons. Doggies will be top 4. Demons ok jury is still out for me..but I will say I have enjoyed watching Dogs, Demons and even the Bombers more then watching our mob so far. They play with some flare and excitement that I wish Collingwood had one tenth of .

I am however, happy to accept that this will be a down year. We need a new coach and we shall get the effective number 1 or 2 draft pick...for mine that makes the off-season far more of an

Doggies list is outstanding. They will be the next Bitchmond.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:21 pm

But it shows how little can be taken from previous seasons or looking at the draw on paper

GWS and Brisbane were both easy wins for the picking for a finals contender
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:39 pm

This year was predictable given the blood letting in the off season and I'm staggered that Eddie McGuire is defending what happened. Unless we stop selecting players whose time has come and gone we look like finishing bottom four by the end of the season. If we start selecting some of the youth we have recruited during the last two years we may still finish bottom four by season's end but we'll have a lot to look forward to in 2022.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:21 pm

^ McGuire's spin and deflection on Footy Classified was nauseating.

Just own up and admit the club bungled the salary cap hence the fire sale we had last year.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:00 pm

Well he did oversee the whole thing... either directly, or indirectly - his watch, so of course it's going to be spin and deflection. Eddie's heart is in the right place but right here, right now... we need to move beyond his sphere of control and to not listen to his white noise.
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:10 pm

derkd wrote:

Mate, I wasn’t so much referring to their own internal expectations or hornblowing etc I was more so referring to the media hacks and other so called experts in the periphery who have been announcing with unrivalled glee every time that the Bombers and Blues were coming for almost 20 years after only a handful of early season wins, even after they’ve had a litany of high draft picks and mercenaries onboard for nearly 20 years only to fail dismally.....

The season’s more a marathon than a sprint and successful teams adapt and change significantly throughout. I’m not sold entirely on the Dogs - they’ve currently got a competitive advantage on most teams by being able to field 16 quality seasoned midfielders....because of this they win contests and tend to use the pill well....however they’re still relatively soft down back and have an inconspicuous forward line...they certainly look alright now but they’ll get found out and surpassed sure as sh!t.

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:11 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Well he did oversee the whole thing... either directly, or indirectly - his watch, so of course it's going to be spin and deflection. Eddie's heart is in the right place but right here, right now... we need to move beyond his sphere of control and to not listen to his white noise.

Load of crap, like you would know.
What does directly or indirectly mean other than you got NFI
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:13 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

Load of crap, like you would know.
What does directly or indirectly mean other than you got NFI

So he wasn't president and he knows nothing of what's going on at the club lololol come on Scooby you can't seriously be that naive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: