Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Official Playing List

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattdally 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting read on the HS today about our list of youngsters. Rendell (like him or not) said the kids we have on our list are good, but need to be played.
He covers off on the following:
- Mark Keane
- Tyler Brown
- Nathan Murphy
- Finlay Macrae
- Will Kelly
- Liam McMahon
- Trey Ruscoe
- Trent Bianco
- Oliver Henry
- Caleb Poulter

and Nick Daicos.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:32 pm

mattdally wrote:
Interesting read on the HS today about our list of youngsters. Rendell (like him or not) said the kids we have on our list are good, but need to be played.
- Mark Keane
- Tyler Brown
- Nathan Murphy
- Finlay Macrae
- Will Kelly
- Liam McMahon
- Trey Ruscoe
- Trent Bianco
- Oliver Henry
- Caleb Poulter

and Nick Daicos.

es, I read that article too. I saw also how he mentions Kelly could play in defence as well as forward...maybe interchange with Darcy Moore?

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:17 pm

mattdally wrote:
- Mark Keane
- Tyler Brown
- Nathan Murphy
- Finlay Macrae
- Will Kelly
- Liam McMahon
- Trey Ruscoe
- Trent Bianco
- Oliver Henry
- Caleb Poulter

and Nick Daicos.

And that's why we need a new coach...

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:28 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
mattdally wrote:
- Mark Keane
- Tyler Brown
- Nathan Murphy
- Finlay Macrae
- Will Kelly
- Liam McMahon
- Trey Ruscoe
- Trent Bianco
- Oliver Henry
- Caleb Poulter

and Nick Daicos.

es, I read that article too. I saw also how he mentions Kelly could play in defence as well as forward...maybe interchange with Darcy Moore?

Rendells thoughts are interesting. Like most recruiters, they always highlight the positives in kids but if they were all as great as he’s proclaimed, they would have all gone a lot higher. That’s just how it is. They won’t all be automatic selections for the next ten years. And no mention of McInnes in that article either.
I also note that he suggests Kelly and Ruscoe may be playing out of position because our backline is so stable.
Kelly played as a key defender in the U18 championships for Vic metro and was very good. He played on Lukosuis Brownless and Oscar Allen in those championships and more than held his own.
To me he’s a natural defender and I must admit I’m a bit bemused with Collingwoods ongoing desire to make him a forward target. Maybe he is just filling in time up forward until it’s time for Roughead to pass the baton.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:00 pm

BEAMER09 wrote:
mattdally wrote:
- Mark Keane
- Tyler Brown
- Nathan Murphy
- Finlay Macrae
- Will Kelly
- Liam McMahon
- Trey Ruscoe
- Trent Bianco
- Oliver Henry
- Caleb Poulter

and Nick Daicos.

And that's why we need a new coach...

In fairness, injuries more than anything else have held back senior opportunities for several of these, including Murphy, Bianco, Kelly and Keane. This year we have promoted Henry, McCreery and now Macrae to the seniors, along with Ruscoe, so let's not promote a myth that Bucks won't play youth. Arguably, he has persevered perhaps too long with one youngster in Callum Brown.

I'd certainly like to see more youth get senior games, and I reckon we'll see that in the weeks to come.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:15 pm
Post subject: Re: Official Playing ListReply with quote

Our current list (below) needs to be fairly graded and then we can decide what we actually have

1 Rantall - Unknown has potential apparently with a big engine
2 DeGoey - Jury out on midfield move still best option we have forward
3 Quaynor - Showing good signs but still young
4 Grundy - Needs to find his best every week for us to be any chance
5 Elliott - Injury ruined season so far we miss his skill around goal
6 T Brown - Needs to really show something in VFL and force his way in
7 Daicos - Continuing to improve great around goal
8 Bianco - Not enough evidence her hold out hope
9 Noble - Tries hard but can panic under pressure
10 Pendlebury (c) - Looks worn out carrying this team for so long
11 Tohill (R-B)
12 Wilson (R-B)
13 Adams (vc) - We miss his leadership and ball winning skills
14 Cameron - At best a backup depth player
15 Lynch - Last chance saloon
16 Mayne - Set to be gone at end of 2021
17 C Brown - Needs massive improvement
18 Macrae (2020) - Fingers crossed
19 Greenwood - Retiremenr beckons at end of 2021
20 Kelly - Get back from injury quick please need to see more
22 Sidebottom - Form has been in decline for 18 months could feel the axe at end of 2021 if we get a new coach
23 Roughead - Solid but holding back Kelly long term
24 Thomas - Too inconsistent in games and week to week
25 Crisp - Week to week one of our best always giving his all
26 McInnes (2020) - Fingers crossed
27 Poulter (2020) - Hearing good stuff hope he gets a run too
28 Murphy - Hearing good stuff hopefully we see it soon
29 McMahon (2020) - Fingers crossed
30 Moore - Our best player by miles
31 McCreery (2020) - Looks good so far
32 Hoskin-Elliott - Most frustrating player in the list his best is good but we rarely see it often enough
33 Ginnivan (R) - Who knows
34 Chugg (R) - Who knows
35 Henry (2020) - From small sample looks a goer
36 Sier - Better do something in remainder of season to hold his list spot
37 Maynard - Been good without being brilliant
38 Howe - Always dependable and backline general
39 Ruscoe - Shown signs needs more experience
41 Mihocek - If all our players tried this hard we would be a better team
44 Madgen - Showing some good signs
46 Cox - 7ft of promise without showing it.
47 Keane (R-B) - Game 1 was ok under huge pressure neds more experience but looked like he is a goer
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:19 pm

^ You really got it out for Siddy eh.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:47 pm
Post subject: Re: Official Playing ListReply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
47 Keane (R-B) - Game 1 was ok under huge pressure needs more experience but looked like he is a goer

It wasn't game 1.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:11 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
^ You really got it out for Siddy eh.

Not at all mate just following the facts
His form since the PF 2018 has been in decline
All the meaningful stats show it
Coupled with the fact the club offered him up to both Adelaide and Hawthorne at end of 2020 says a lot
Hawks ended up taking Phillips over him
There salaries (if reported correctly) were about the same $650k Phillips $700k Sidey
Clarkson has ultimate control of his list and he only brings in players he wants
With many banging on here with Clarkson is the coach we should chase for him not to want Sidey says a bit about we’re his career is at

I know for a fact there is still angst between Sidey and Pendles over his no show in Darwin last season
The club can spin it like they do but facts are facts
We have a coach on the outer with some in the playing group, a skipper who looks worn down by carrying this team for so long, a million dollar ruckman who’s said publicly football isn’t the most important thing in his life, ageing players playing inconsistently, a list devoid of real speed (yes we have a couple but not enough), a list with little to no flair, a list with massive holes in it and key planks who injury prone and a board in disarray
It spells a complete rethink at all levels
They didn’t bring in Wright for his good looks and charm his here to make significant change at all levels of the football department

Mate I posted a couple weeks ago round 10 was a looming date and then a week later the coach comes out and says the next 4/6 weeks will determine a lot
He’s had the tap on the shoulder and been told point blank things need to change and he needs to get the playing group back onside
The Treloar #$@%up has been hugely damaging internally especially with a big chunk of the playing group
Connect the dots of the debacle
Firstly the club says they didn’t think he could handle the separation from his partner and child
Then it was his team mates wanted him gone
Then it was his kicking
Seriously how dumb can one club be everyone new it was about his massively back ended contract. We couldn’t afford to be paying him $900k and stay under the cap pure and simple

Funny how now Treloar is played solely as a outside mid his having career high averages in goals, inside 50’s and score involvements and his kicking eff is 23% higher than Sidey (66% to 43% in 2021)

Mate whether Sidey stays or goes won’t solve our list issues it’s much deeper than one player but if we get a new coach which is highly likely then all players will be on notice and ageing players who’s form is declining will be under the most pressure it’s simple logic really and based on the clubs willingness to let him go last trade period
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:47 am

Newsflash - Player with 14th highest tally of games, all-time, for Collingwood is nearing the end of his career, thereby personally triggering list management crisis.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:16 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Newsflash - Player with 14th highest tally of games, all-time, for Collingwood is nearing the end of his career, thereby personally triggering list management crisis.

Obviously you didn’t read real carefully
I never said our list issues were his fault
I said he’s part of the problem
Riddle me this P4S
Whilst your handing out votes for Sidey basically weekly in the Gavin brown medal does it make you wonder why neither our coach or the opposition coach can’t find a single vote for him ?

If you honestly believe he’s playing well every week and his form hasn’t declined I suggest you might want to get some new glasses
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:48 pm

Collingwood's votes for best on ground each week is just an example of Ground Hog Day. Pendles, Crisp, etc. I really do think that the work experience kid has been instructed to look at disposal count and nothing else before posting the best each week. Never changes and is often perplexing.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:05 pm

Imo the whole team game is stagnant and its not just Sidy's form.. and besides... why.. are.. or have been... wasting.. him.. playing... him... away... from... goals...? Yes he has a tank but is that really his most important asset...?

Somehow I think not!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvnfZnNdM7o

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:14 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Obviously you didn’t read real carefully
I never said our list issues were his fault
I said he’s part of the problem
Riddle me this P4S
Whilst your handing out votes for Sidey basically weekly in the Gavin brown medal does it make you wonder why neither our coach or the opposition coach can’t find a single vote for him ?

If you honestly believe he’s playing well every week and his form hasn’t declined I suggest you might want to get some new glasses

I've given Sidebottom GB "votes" in just one game this season (in a week where most other people did, too, from a quick glance). And, of course, you know the answer to your own question - the coaches didn't give any Collingwood players votes that week, so who knows how they thought he went relative to the rest of the team.

In any event, my point is that Sidebottom is irrelevant to our present situation. He's not "part of the problem", except in the limited sense that the only two very skilled midfielders in our team are the same two that were amongst our very best players in a premiership 11 seasons ago.

On an example of succession you will understand, I was watching an old Melbourne Storm game from early in 2018 the other day. Billy Slater had retired and Jerome Hughes was fullback. He got concussed, for which Civo earned himself 10 minutes in the sin bin. Paramatta's reward for putting Hughes' lights out unfairly was 4 tries to the Storm while Civo was off - imagine trying to chase a fresh Papi around the stadium while you're a man short. The end result - Storm 64 - Eels 10. Fast forward to last season and they're giving Papi the Clive Churchill Medal for a ridiculously good performance in the Grand Final. I don't want an extended discussion about the NRL - my point is simply that very-well run sporting organizations seem to be able to identify the holes that are coming and fill them with genuine young talent. I don't want to be mean but I feel that Collingwood hasn't really done much at all - in an effective way - about replacing (or readying to replace) Swan, Thomas, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Ball, Johnson and Wellingham. None of the guys we have recruited seems to me to be or be capable of being better than the player they replaced. It looks (on a small sample size, so far, of course) like there's some talent coming through the VFL, now - but it seems to me to be 5 or 6 years too late, at least. It's certainly been a very long time since we've brought a young standout kid with the star potential of a Papenhuyzen off the bench.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:11 pm

Expressio unius exclusio alterius.
Interesting that you didn't mention Cloke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: