Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 3 - Al Pacino's turn to mumble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

In Victoria, 4 new local cases and 0 O/S. 78 actives cases. 23,679 test results reported. The four local cases are said to be "from the same household and investigations into acquisition source are underway".
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:52 am

Dark Beanie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Potentially a trail of infection through NSW to Qld.

https://www.news.com.au/national/queensland/news/kmart-bunnings-listed-as-exposure-sites-for-queensland-covid19-case-from-melbourne/news-story/ccbec0fedda502c6f9042c6b5b2e8bc1

Left here during lockdown and drove to Qld.

Stupid and selfish.

To put it mildly.

These people need to be made an example of.

25 years jail with no possibility of parole.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:53 am

Or, you know, ask them nicely not to do it again.

Fro the ABC Blog:

Quote:
Dr Young said the couple had not received an exemption to travel into Queensland from Melbourne.

"They didn't come through the exemption process, so it's now up to police to investigate whether they came through any other process," she said.

Ms D'Ath said she did not want to "jump to conclusions" until more information was available.

"I understand the husband was here with a new job so we know that is one of the grounds that people can travel," [Health Minister] Ms D'Ath said.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:17 am

Not a chance. They could have given it to half the country.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:34 am

i guess with this new fast moving strain it would be fair to have to have a negative test before you move interstate, even for work. im assuming there is protocols for interstate truckies right now? i know at the coles warehouse depots truckies are not allowed to enter the warehouse, we set up portable offices last year for them to check in and out of, go to the loo etc.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:32 pm

Interesting that there doesn't seem much in the Vic exposure sites that would relate to them. To get to the Caltex in Narrandera by 10:30 am to top up with petrol means leaving Melbourne before 6am and likely going through Toc.

There's no petrol stations listed as exposure sites early morning on 1 June so likely they filled up the day before.

The woman who tested positive, the husband has now tested positive so there's a real chance they could leave an infection trail through mid west NSW, eating at cafe's, going to the cinema etc. Whether they had legitimate reason to travel or not, you'd surely take a bit more care than that.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:11 pm

You'd wish. There's surely something a bit less than than 25 years in the slammer that would do the trick, though. It seems, based on what the Qld Health Minister said, that they travelled for a legitimate reason but possibly without getting any permit that might have been required.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:47 pm

They mave have travelled for a legit reason but there's something very suss about the route they took and they apparently didn't do the permits.

I personally would have thought it would just be sensible to get tested before you leave if you're planning on going out and about. I'd think maybe reasonable punishment is for the new employer to tell the bhubby that he's failed the pre-employment IQ test so get back to Melbourne.

Anyway, in related news I just had to duck over to Coles Thomastown to grab some things. It was added as an exposure site late last night so they're a bit short staffed today, everyone who was working Monday during the declared time had to get tested and isolate.

All the bloke behind me in the queue could do was sook it up about how slow it was, why there were people standing around doing nothing and why there wasn't an 8 items or less register. I suggested he could go through the self serve if he only had a few items (carrying a basket) He said he had onion and some other vegetable in there, I explained how to do them through the self service, but he hadn't done that before and it was clearly easier to stay in line complaining.

So when the poor harried checkout girl asked me if I minded if she quickly served someone at the counter looking for a phone card or smokes or whatever, I said "no problems at all"

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:09 pm

They might as well say keeps Masks on anywhere until there are 0 Cases Left.

Seems bit over the top to change the Mask Rule because of 1 Family got Covid from Mystery as should not take long to Figure out where

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:15 pm

^ Yes, I'm not defending their actions but we've all made the mistake at various times of thinking people had behaved very badly when it turned out that there was spin in initial announcements. FWIW, this is in The Age's blog this afternoon:

Quote:
Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Shane Patton said while Melbourne was subject to lockdown restrictions at the time, initial investigations indicated the pair may have been travelling out of Victoria legitimately.

On a quite separate topic, what do we all think about the bizarre situation that's been created where you can't have 5 friends over to watch Nathan's last loss together but you and your 50 best mates can go to the pub and watch it there?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:13 pm

I think any argument that the restrictions are based on health advice is clearly ludicrous. Either that or the health advice is coming from the Marx brothers.

Someone sitting in a park outside hundreds of metres from any other person has to wear a mask, a cyclist or jogger panting and potentially forcibly expelling aerosol virus doesn't.

You can't have a mate over for a coffee or a beer, you can't go to a Gym but you and 48 others can catch up at a pub.

It's OK to travel up to 25 KM from home. You can't visit anyone but you can go shopping.

50 people can go to a funeral but only 10 to a wedding?

I'm happy that retail and hospitality are being able to open but the list of restrictions is a litany of non sequitur's

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-03/victoria-lockdown-restrictions-regional-and-greater-melbourne/100186702

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:08 pm

I honestly can't say I agree with the continuing outdoor mask requirement. Seems excessive, and I'm honestly not sure the science backs it up. Maybe on Swanston Street, sure, but out in the suburbs it seems ridiculous.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:33 pm

Brett Sutton is on record saying they have no evidence of any outdoor transmission during last years out of control outbreak, yet still they keep bringing this rule back.

Didn't see much of the press conference but Allen seemed very, very out of his depth struggling to answer any questions. Yet then Merlino will come out saying everything is transparent because they answer every question every day, yeah, except the ones they don't know the answer to!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:55 pm

People are waking up, despite the cheersquad and ineffectual opposition.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:27 pm

stui magpie wrote:
People are waking up, despite the cheersquad and ineffectual opposition.

So People will just Ignore the Laws?

That is not going to end Nicely

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 137 of 200   

Jump to: