Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 3 - Al Pacino's turn to mumble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

<Let’s keep the conversation civil and on topic, please, and not engage in personal remarks about posters. Thanks, David for BBMods.>
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:04 pm

Interesting last couple of pages, btw Doris, I think what they were getting at was you saying no one had mentioned the vaccine issues when it was actually said ad nauseum by the usual suspect.

But we ordered 160 million doses of 3 different vaccines to cover 25 million people. The fact that one of them had issues is just bad luck, not bad management. That was the one we could not only manufacture and deliver easily, but could actually get the licensing approval for. Pfizer not so much and given the difficulty securing it due to far more issues overseas, going for a vaccine we can produce locally seems like a fairly smart choice.

But instead of bitching about it we should be glad that they have done such a good job managing Covid that we are not in a position to need to rush through the vaccine. We can have delays, we can ensure the vaccine is actually safe because there is no Covid emergency in Australia, unlike the majority of countries worldwide.

It's funny seeing some people talking up how much better America and the UK and Israel are rolling out he vaccine, would anyone actually have preferred to be in any of those countries for the last 12 months? Anyone???

Btw even Johnson & Johnson vaccine is being suspended in the US today after a number of issues with it.

No vaccine that has been rushed through is going to be perfectly safe, we're just lucky we don't have to worry about anything being rushed, no matter how much the serial whingers and opposition want everything rushed.

Then again the opposition wanted more people brought home, even though it's the Labor premiers that are stopping it!!!!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:29 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Another great big bag of doughnuts for Victoria today.

Seems like not even the Victorian government is useless enough to let loose a virus that doesn't exiwt in the state.

I don't recall seeing your bid for how long we stay open now that international flights and hotel quarantine are up and running again.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:39 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
we should be glad that they have done such a good job managing Covid ... there is no Covid emergency in Australia, unlike the majority of countries worldwide ..... people talking up how much better America and the UK and Israel are rolling out he vaccine, would anyone actually have preferred to be in any of those countries for the last 12 months?

This ^^^ from a serial precaution flouter and risk denier.

Strewth!

Glad to see that Eddie has finally seen the light and admitted that the Australian states have, by and large, been very effective and successful.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:35 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Absolute garbage. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
'

So IF Dan was a Liberal Leader then Victoria 2nd Wave been just a Accidwent?

Get your hand off it Dave, what WPT wrote <snip – please don’t engage in personal attacks on other posters. Thanks, David for BBMods.> had nothing to do with Labors ability to run a successful Hotel Quarantine program, something every other state and territory has been able to do regardless of the
party in charge.

Well just comes accross to me you are Happy to Abuse a Leader who does NOT run it 100%

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:52 pm

Saw this on the internet tonight about the government’s rollout of the vaccine.Interesting to hear younger people’s opinions on the matter.

Australians under the age of fifty this morning woke to the news that they will be unable to access a vaccine that they were already unable to access.

“It’s like having something not given to you and then unexpectedly taken away,” an emotional Emma Trelour, 33, told journalists.
“I’m now going to have to cancel the appointment that I never made with my GP”.

Sally Chamberson, 22, said it was like losing the keys to a car she doesn’t have. “How am I going to drive to the mass vaccination clinic that hasn’t been set up?”

Others say that, following the latest announcement, they have no idea when they might get vaccinated, which is exactly how they felt before the latest announcement.

Aiden Rigopolous, 28, said his plans were now up in the air. “My plans to wait indefinitely for the government to at some point in the distant future shed some light on when I might be able to get vaccinated have been thrown into disarray”.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:00 am

Sounds like a very poor attempt at being the Betoota Advocate.

But I reckon it's great, I'm already eligible and wasn't even going to consider getting a vaccine that's a far greater chance of getting a blood clot than actually contracting the disease it's supposed to partially protect me from...
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:04 am

doriswilgus wrote:
Saw this on the internet tonight about the government’s rollout of the vaccine.Interesting to hear younger people’s opinions on the matter.

Australians under the age of fifty this morning woke to the news that they will be unable to access a vaccine that they were already unable to access.

“It’s like having something not given to you and then unexpectedly taken away,” an emotional Emma Trelour, 33, told journalists.
“I’m now going to have to cancel the appointment that I never made with my GP”.

Sally Chamberson, 22, said it was like losing the keys to a car she doesn’t have. “How am I going to drive to the mass vaccination clinic that hasn’t been set up?”

Others say that, following the latest announcement, they have no idea when they might get vaccinated, which is exactly how they felt before the latest announcement.

Aiden Rigopolous, 28, said his plans were now up in the air. “My plans to wait indefinitely for the government to at some point in the distant future shed some light on when I might be able to get vaccinated have been thrown into disarray”.

😂😂 Laughing Laughing

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:13 am

“If you’re worried about this jab we don’t have then you can use always use our app that doesn’t work” says Scotty from Marketing

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/headlines/if-youre-worried-about-this-jab-we-dont-have-you-can-always-use-our-app-that-doesnt-work/

😂😂

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:22 am

doriswilgus wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
<snip>

It's not hard to find some of the answers to your rhetorical questions.

Some of the reasons why we would have gone with the AstraZeneca are clearly supply chain issues. Unlike the Pfizer it doesn't need to be stored in intense cold which in a country as large as Australia makes distribution a lot easier, and also because we could manufacture it here at CSL under licence so we wouldn't have to rely on shipments from Europe. The Pfizer one is different and we don't have the tech to make it locally.

Yes Scottie promised so many vaccinations but that was before the EU blocked shipments to us so we didn't have anywhere near as much stock as we were supposed to have.

We have though secured another 20 Mil Pfizer shots making over 40Mil all up, to be delivered in 2021 and have 51 Mil shots of Novavax on order just waiting on TGA approval.

But clearly it's Scotties fault that the AstraZeneca vaccine potentially causes blood clots in a tiny minority and gets people panicy Rolling Eyes

Elephant in the room, FMD.

<snip – please don’t engage in personal attacks on other posters. Thanks, David for BBMods.>

As for the government’s roll out of the vaccine,it is in chaos.No one can seriously deny that now.It’s become an embarrassment to the government, even the media is criticising their efforts now.Only Liberal partisans on whacky sites like this seem to be defending it,but of course they would,wouldn’t they?FMD indeed. Rolling Eyes

Nail hit head. Looks like I missed some action when I was at work today. 😉

Scotty over-promised and under delivered. Only some of the vaccine was blocked by the EU not the amount the Scotty was saying. Doesn’t like it when he faces some questioning from the press: his true colours do come out.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:41 am

In Victoria, 0 new cases acquired anywhere. 12,020 test results were received.

Sorry - edited this post by mistake (that'll teach me to cut and paste). There was actually 1 hotel quarantine case (overseas traveller) and about 13,000 tests reported.

Last edited by Pies4shaw on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:47 am; edited 2 times in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:20 am

And so it begins
roar 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:25 am

Let's face it, the Victorian quarantine system could bust again, we could go into another 3 months lockdown, and Dan will still be safe in his seat not just because of the duffle-coaters but also because there is no viable opposition.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:07 pm

Nice try, Eddie, but you're in the wrong thread.

eddiesmith wrote:
I'm already eligible and wasn't even going to consider getting a vaccine that's a far greater chance of getting a blood clot than actually contracting the disease it's supposed to partially protect me from...

Perhaps the mods would be kind enough to move your post over to https://nick.magpies.net/bb/viewtopic.php?t=48685 where it would be amongst the better ones.

(Just for those who prefer boring old facts to wonderful belly laughs, the chance of getting a fatal blood clot from Astazeneca is 1 in a million, where the chance of dying from Covid in Australia is 27,000 per million. To be fair, that last figure is likely to drop in any third wave, perhaps to around half that. For those who have trouble with sums, yes 12,000 deaths per million is more than one death per million.)

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:14 pm

wow, im so pissed i got here too late to read the snips!! sounds interesting!!

ill be waiting for the next vaccine thanks, preferably the one where you need just 1 shot!! i dont know europe stopping and starting, saying dont get this if your under 50... hmm, yeah nah

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 92 of 200   

Jump to: