Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 3 - Al Pacino's turn to mumble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine living in a state where a Government can actually fix their own mistakes without punishing 6 million people and taking 4 months to do it.

Those poor NSW residents who had to watch their government get on top of things and they still kept their freedom. What a horrible place to live.

Let’s just hope Victoria can keep their zeroes going even after Invasion day. It’s good to know they’ll still let protesting go ahead when it’s not bashing the government. Such a wonderful free country we live in.
roar 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:43 am

stui magpie wrote:

I do agree that there will be other pandemics so why not look long term. We're an island nation, we have strict procedures in place for animal and plant to prevent contamination importing diseases, we need to have the same option for people.

Basing them up north makes sense too as the guests can access the outdoors all year.

Yes, and yes!

The federal government has been quite gutless in it's avoidance of taking control of international arrivals and quarantine so hopefully they will see that showing some leadership in the area will lead to favourable outcomes for them, as a government that will seek re-election in the not-too-distant future.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:52 am

Although the Federal Government is effectively managing Howard Springs.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-15/howard-springs-quarantine-facilities-in-other-states-australia/13058438

Surely we have places that were built to detain boat people that could be re-purposed?

Christmas Island?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_immigration_detention_facilities

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:45 pm

It is currently housing criminals who they are trying to deport
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:07 am

Anyone have any thoughts on the decision to go ahead with the Australian Open, inviting hundreds of people from COVID-riddled countries to potentially spread it here while Victorians who could easily get tested and be found to be safe have been unable to return home for weeks?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-16/victoria-covid-border-permit-approvals/13062864

I understand the need to keep the economy ticking along, but it all seems kind of a callous double standard to me. And I do worry that we might get a new outbreak from this sporting competition, which seems like quite an own goal (or unforced error, to put it in tennis terms!).

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:14 am

The US passed 400,000 COVID deaths overnight.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:20 am

That is just incredibly sad. I wonder how many of those poor victims would have still been alive if their dumb president initially made the right intervention instead of foolishly grandstanding about taking disinfectant to treat Covid.😡🤬
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:33 am

Well, the vast majority of them, obviously. As is frequently the case, the Trump Death Clock seems to be under some kind of denial of service attack (“free speech”, anyone?) but when I last saw it in early January, the estimate was that specific decisions taken by Slumpy had caused more than 350,000 unnecessary deaths. Australia’s experience demonstrates that it is possible to bring and keep the disease under close control, provided that the authorities are committed to doing so. Both countries once had a first case - what has happened since is like chalk and cheese. It does, though, require that political figureheads don’t minimise the danger posed by the virus and that they focus on protecting the vulnerable, rather than sacrificing them so others can make money.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:11 am

David wrote:
Anyone have any thoughts on the decision to go ahead with the Australian Open, inviting hundreds of people from COVID-riddled countries to potentially spread it here while Victorians who could easily get tested and be found to be safe have been unable to return home for weeks?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-16/victoria-covid-border-permit-approvals/13062864

I understand the need to keep the economy ticking along, but it all seems kind of a callous double standard to me. And I do worry that we might get a new outbreak from this sporting competition, which seems like quite an own goal (or unforced error, to put it in tennis terms!).

Going ahead with the Aus Open is taking a large risk. Very large. As you said, these people are coming from countries where Covid is rampant. They're putting massive faith in their systems and processes to be able to contain it when they showed zero faith in their systems and processes when they closed the NSW border.

I personally don't care much about the tennis, I can see why they want to run it and don't have a problem provided they don't fvck it up, cos we'll all pay by being locked down again.

Locking the border and leaving thousands of people stranded was just an unjustified cnuts act

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:19 am

Tennis should be illegal. Bringing tennis players into the country should attract the same penalty is trafficking narcotics.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:42 am

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:

Going ahead with the Aus Open is taking a large risk. Very large. As you said, these people are coming from countries where Covid is rampant. They're putting massive faith in their systems and processes to be able to contain it when they showed zero faith in their systems and processes when they closed the NSW border.

I personally don't care much about the tennis, I can see why they want to run it and don't have a problem provided they don't fvck it up, cos we'll all pay by being locked down again.

Locking the border and leaving thousands of people stranded was just an unjustified cnuts act

Can’t disagree with any of that (or with P4S’ post below. Laughing)

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:24 pm

This fvck with some of your minds

https://www.newsweek.com/covid-lockdowns-have-no-clear-benefit-vs-other-voluntary-measures-international-study-shows-1561656

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:59 pm

^ That nonsense has been comprehensively discredited long since. It is counter-factual madness to pretend otherwise. Places that take effective action have way, way lower infection rates than places which do nothing ang hope for the best, and places with lower infection rates have stronger, healthier economies.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:09 pm

What's more, upon reading it, we discover that the "study" is just another attempt by a discredited "researcher" who has been trying to pull the same stunt even since the pandemic stated. Yes, it's one of the Barrington Declaration clowns again, pawns funded by the Charles Koch, one of the notorious e Koch Brothers, who have been funding phoney climate-denial "science" and extreme right-wing political groups for many years.

The Barrington nonsense lasted about 3 minutes one it was examined by real scientists (i.e., ones properly trained, not being paid by the Koch brothers and their cronies, and prepared to examine real data in a scientific way). This is just an instant replay by the same clown.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:25 pm

The remaining live one of the notorious Koch brothers. Time solves all such problems, Tannin.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 31 of 200   

Jump to: