Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 3 - Al Pacino's turn to mumble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
I honestly have no idea what any of you are talking about. Laughing

That’s OK, nor do Eddiesmith and Stui Wink Razz Wink Razz

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:06 am

David wrote:

That's OK, neither does WPT. His cheese has done slid right off his cracker. His BDSM fetish with his Dom in a Dan mask yelling abuse at Gladys for daring to close the border to Victoria when we were getting hundreds of daily cases is being projected here.

Wink Razz

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:14 am

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:

That's OK, neither does WPT. His cheese has done slid right off his cracker. His BDSM fetish with his Dom in a Dan mask yelling abuse at Gladys for daring to close the border to Victoria when we were getting hundreds of daily cases is being projected here.

Wink Razz

😉

How is the beatification of Berejiklian going?

I am glad though that through locking out the disease infected Sydney Sicklies from the pristine precincts of the Premier State is working a treat.

We just gotta get Mexico to pay for a wall on the Rio Grande Murray.

Last edited by watt price tully on Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:14 am

^

Hah. You Victorians are the Mexican's to us new Sth Welshmen. ;P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZYPa6tI43Q

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:28 am

😉😂

We South of the Border hold the moniker Mexicans in high regard:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WweD9S9hMBk

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:33 am

visions of the walking dead!!

"It's actually not the UK strain anymore, it exists in more than 30 countries," she said.
"A lot of those countries have Australians waiting to come home."
She said the main focus for NSW would be ensuring there are no preventable gaps in the state's quarantine system."

is there an end??

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:20 pm

No locally transmitted cases today in NSW, after only 1 yesterday. The right honorable Premier of NSW, Gladys Berejiklian, clearly doing a great job.

Now we all just have to hope the mutant strains that escaped hotel quarantine in QLD haven't made it into NSW and Vic.

Mask rules in Victoria to go back to pre-Christmas levels from midnight Sunday, meaning you still need to wear them in supermarkets and shopping centres but not in smaller shops.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:27 pm

stui magpie wrote:
No locally transmitted cases today in NSW, after only 1 yesterday. The right honorable Premier of NSW, Gladys Berejiklian, clearly doing a great job.

Now we all just have to hope the mutant strains that escaped hotel quarantine in QLD haven't made it into NSW and Vic.

Mask rules in Victoria to go back to pre-Christmas levels from midnight Sunday, meaning you still need to wear them in supermarkets and shopping centres but not in smaller shops.

Dan then doing a Better Job as None in a Week Twisted Evil

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:03 pm

Yeah, sure.

Different point, Anastasia Palache is tentatively proposing (at this stage) that with these new mutant strains flooding Europe that we should look at quarantining returning travellers at disused mining sites miles from no where rather than in hotels in the CBD, based on what Darwin have been doing for months.

I don't know how that would work in Victoria as I don't think we have anything suitable but both Qld and NSW would and I assume WA would have several.

I reckon it's a great idea as no matter how good your systems are, if the virus gets out it's in a densely populated area. Moving it to a region where there's no people for miles means it basically can't escape.

Under the NT model people are allowed out of their cabins to walk around, exercise in the fresh air and even use the swimming pool which is far better than being locked in a hotel room.

You could take it a step further and make sure each cabin had it's own kitchenette and laundry. The "guests" could do their own laundry and prepare food for themselves minimising contact with other people. Just set up a mini free "supermarket" with fresh produce and staples and let people help themselves.

You could create fenced off zones in the camp, a high security area for anyone who tests positive, general area for the rest and a smaller secure area for camp staff .

Set it up right and it's something you could use for years, this virus isn't going away any time soon and it has to be better and cheaper than the hotel option.

To transport them from the airport to the camps, rig up a semi trailer road train, maybe stick a couple of old buses up on trailers but the important thing is the driver isn't breathing the same air as the passengers.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:08 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

That was all Jacinta, the state stopped it whilst Dan was enjoying the QLD sun and too far away to meddle.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:51 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Anastasia Palache is tentatively proposing (at this stage) that with these new mutant strains flooding Europe that we should look at quarantining returning travellers at disused mining sites miles from no where rather than in hotels in the CBD, based on what Darwin have been doing for months.

I don't know how that would work in Victoria as I don't think we have anything suitable but both Qld and NSW would and I assume WA would have several.

I reckon it's a great idea as no matter how good your systems are, if the virus gets out it's in a densely populated area. Moving it to a region where there's no people for miles means it basically can't escape.

Under the NT model people are allowed out of their cabins to walk around, exercise in the fresh air and even use the swimming pool which is far better than being locked in a hotel room.

You could take it a step further and make sure each cabin had it's own kitchenette and laundry. The "guests" could do their own laundry and prepare food for themselves minimising contact with other people. Just set up a mini free "supermarket" with fresh produce and staples and let people help themselves.

You could create fenced off zones in the camp, a high security area for anyone who tests positive, general area for the rest and a smaller secure area for camp staff .

Set it up right and it's something you could use for years, this virus isn't going away any time soon and it has to be better and cheaper than the hotel option.

All good sense, except for the last bit which is nonsense. Vaccinations are going ahead by the million right now in countries all around the world, and that is only the small-scale start: production is now ramping up, and there are another 70-odd vaccine candidates in late-stage development today (not even counting China and Russia). Some of these newer ones are very likely to be cheaper, more effective, longer-lasting, and/or easier to transport and store. It will take a while for the vaccination program to get to everyone, but we are talking months, not years.

So we are not going to need the quarantine camps for Covid once the vaccination rate is up to scratch (say 12 months, give or take). However it is entirely possible that we will need them for AIDS 2.0 or Covid 2.0 or Ebola 3.1. Maybe next year, maybe 20 years - it is impossible to know.

Anastasia's proposal is not new but it is good: people have been pushing for it for quite some time now, and it makes a lot of sense on multiple levels.

We have seen the city hotel model quarantines break down numerous times: in Victoria, in NSW, in South Australia, in NSW again, and in Queensland. It doesn't work. Time for something that does work.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:15 pm

When we see the vaccinations have an impact on numbers and know that they work safely long term, I'll believe and honor the bet I made. Until then, I assume it stays and that it can mutate and the virologists will always be playing catch up.

I do agree that there will be other pandemics so why not look long term. We're an island nation, we have strict procedures in place for animal and plant to prevent contamination importing diseases, we need to have the same option for people.

Basing them up north makes sense too as the guests can access the outdoors all year.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:31 pm

Thank the lord that NSW did not record any new cases today: it means they can’t export anymore Sydney Virus for the time being. That’s a relief.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:33 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Quite right DTM. No new cases for a week is very good news in Victoria and none exported from Sydney so far as this week is concerned.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:38 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Thank the lord that Victoria did not record any new cases today: it means they can’t export anymore Dandemic Virus for the time being. That’s a relief.

Quoted and adjusted for accuracy. Razz Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 30 of 200   

Jump to: