Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 3 - Al Pacino's turn to mumble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Of course the Australian Open should go ahead, the Government was trying their best to make it difficult but the money always wins.

I do look forward to how they'll stuff it up, expect them to suddenly ban crowds at 10am on the first day after they find 1 case 300kms away...

The thing with epidemiologists is that they are singularly focused. If you only rely on their advice you'd lock everyone down at flu season. They don't consider the mental health of people nor the economic impacts, their tunnel vision is purely about defeating the virus at any cost.

every state says they rely on the health advice yet every state has a different approach. seems to be the usual routine, you pick the people you ask a question of in order to get the answer you wanted in the first place.

You look overseas where they are getting upwards of 10's and 100's of Thousand Cases a Day overseas and I think that is enough to make the Government Scared as they don't want it here like everyone else should be.

Just look in England at the Moment where they have pretty much no more Room for Sick People in Hospital

But that's the problem Dave, we are in a very unique position down here that we don't have the same risks.

People can't live in fear because of what's happening overseas, the Australian approach to Covid has been successful so far, even the biggest stuff up of all by Dan pales in significance of anything overseas which shows just how much better off we are here.

HQ means even if it escapes its one thread that can spread but can be tracked with competent contact tracing teams. Overseas they'll have multiple sources seeding at high rates it's impossible to control.

But it is funny how when Dan stuffed up they wanted to compare how well Victoria did compared to other countries. Yet now Gladys has completely lost control with a handful of daily cases, so hypocritical.

You can't live your life in fear, there is always some major disaster somewhere that someone is reporting as the beginning of the end, if you let them all concern you then you can't enjoy life.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:50 pm

Agreed Dave.

We've seen what happens when it gets full loose, the virus spreads massively.

Victoria was the closest we've had to that in Australia cos they fvcked things up but were able to recover. We're lucky because Australia is geographically massive and the population is largely concentrated down the east coast. Europe is a different situation as is the USA.

The northern hemisphere had their chance during their summer when the virus transmission is reduced to knock it back to manageable levels but they basically failed and are now paying for it with huge transmission rates and lockdowns during their winter.

Australia basically killed it during our winter and are now right on top of it.

What we do want it to hit autumn with zero community transmission and a tightly controlled hotel quarantine arrangement. We do NOT want to head into winter with community transmissions

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:31 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Agreed Dave.

We've seen what happens when it gets full loose, the virus spreads massively.

Victoria was the closest we've had to that in Australia cos they fvcked things up but were able to recover. We're lucky because Australia is geographically massive and the population is largely concentrated down the east coast. Europe is a different situation as is the USA.

The northern hemisphere had their chance during their summer when the virus transmission is reduced to knock it back to manageable levels but they basically failed and are now paying for it with huge transmission rates and lockdowns during their winter.

Australia basically killed it during our winter and are now right on top of it.

What we do want it to hit autumn with zero community transmission and a tightly controlled hotel quarantine arrangement. We do NOT want to head into winter with community transmissions

Agree we don't want to enter Winter with Community Cases.

Though we might be a Few Months in getting the Vaccine out though.

Agree Eddiesmith that Vic Cluster was Big but nothing compared to Europe and America.

Europe and US did not do a Big Strong Lockdown like Victoria and they are paying for it now sadly

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:42 pm

The only state out of step with the rest of the country is NSW who also have the most people with the Coronavirus virus; yspecifically the Sydney virus and are still getting positive cases daily (unfortunately)

The CMO’s of each state relies on a variety of sources as does the Political leadership of each state be they Labour (Vic, QLD, and WA) and Liberal (Tasmania and SA) These are the states that have had to deal with NSW failure to lockdown early enough and hard enough resulting in the unintended consequences of NSW negligence that is, spreading the virus.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:24 pm

^

Seriously, you've been working with mentally ill people for too long, they're clearly contagious.

1 new case today, a kid who's already in quarantine.

Gladys approaches things like a true leader should.

Quote:
We've always said in NSW, and we adhere to this policy, that we don't want our citizens to bear any extra restrictions a day longer than they need to,"

And she does that while successfully squashing the virus

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/mop-up-stage-nsw-records-one-new-local-case-of-covid-19-20210113-p56tpo.html

Lucky Dan is following Gladys now and not your role models, otherwise he'd have locked your suburb down when the Black Rock cluster started.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:11 pm

Typical Current Affair with Covid Never Report on Positive things but just go as Negative as Possible
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:12 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Seriously, you've been working with mentally ill people for too long, they're clearly contagious.

1 new case today, a kid who's already in quarantine.

Gladys approaches things like a true leader should.

Quote:
We've always said in NSW, and we adhere to this policy, that we don't want our citizens to bear any extra restrictions a day longer than they need to,"

And she does that while successfully squashing the virus

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/mop-up-stage-nsw-records-one-new-local-case-of-covid-19-20210113-p56tpo.html

Lucky Dan is following Gladys now and not your role models, otherwise he'd have locked your suburb down when the Black Rock cluster started.

Well I guess she should be PM is she is so Wonderful Rolling Eyes

Guess everyone in Melbourne/Victoria have Covid and Half of us be Dead at Least with Dan in Charge as anyone could supposedly do a Better Job then Dan Rolling Eyes

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:17 pm

So the Aussie Vaccine is Shit then?
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:33 pm

Forget the author's name if you don't like him, this just saves me a lot of typing. The fecklessness, corrupt private contracts and lack of competent governance and operation in the UK is an outright joke. Like American extremism, this is another case of completely unaccountable, incapable, dangerous nutters running wild with power over things they haven't the slightest capacity to comprehend. And that's without even mentioning the parallel Brexit catastrophe — that great act of deranged national suicide bombing that brought the worst of them to power.

Quote:
Without an effective test, trace, isolate and support system, we will be stuck in the cycle of infection indefinitely. But if you get the system right, you free the nation from both uncontrolled disease and lockdowns. This is the lesson from Taiwan, a country with twice our population density, that has lost just seven people to Covid-19 without ever locking down. It developed its system with the help of participatory democracy, ensuring there was a high level of public consent and engagement; put professionals in charge at every stage; and provides generous support and daily contact for people who have had to isolate.

By contrast, our system has been a fiasco. England’s system has so far cost £22bn. For all the good it has done, this money might as well have been stacked and burned. The government put dilettantes in charge, and handed key tasks to corporations with a terrible track record of delivery. As I revealed in October, teenage call-centre workers on the minimum wage were given crucial tracing jobs that had previously been reserved for health professionals.

As the Independent Sage science group explains, we won’t get a grip on the pandemic until we replace this farce with a system led by the NHS, locally run by public health professionals, in which everyone who is asked to isolate is given all the necessary financial and social help and, if required, free accommodation. Yet the government has so far refused even to acknowledge the failure of this system, let alone produce a plan for replacing it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/13/scary-covid-leaders-no-plan-to-control-pandemic-cycle

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:37 pm

stui magpie wrote:

.....d.

I’m stating facts: NSW is out of step with every state in Australia who have been forced into lockdown because NSW didn’t. These states are from both political parties.

Had she locked down the rest of Australia wouldn’t have had to clean up after her (lack of action).

End of story. You can say she’s done a great job as much as you like but just about every other Premier and CMO has a different view

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:04 pm

I’m still waiting for you to name ONE state that has gone into lockdown in the last month because of cases coming from NSW.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:36 am

And I'm hoping for an explanation of how 1 case supposedly going to Vic from NSW meant the rest of the country had to clean up after her.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:22 am

Victoria is one state that has all aged care facilities in lockdown because and directly attributable to wait for it.....wait for it.......the Sydney Virus.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:28 am

stui magpie wrote:
And I'm hoping for an explanation of how 1 case supposedly going to Vic from NSW meant the rest of the country had to clean up after her.

Cleaning up after the Berijiklian bungle to stop the spread of the Sydney virus refers to closing the borders and restricting movement to those infectious dirty Sydney Siders and those who were visiting.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:34 am

I honestly have no idea what any of you are talking about. Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 29 of 200   

Jump to: