Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 3 - Al Pacino's turn to mumble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roar 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
. Those responsible for mistakes have either been sacked or resigned. That’s responsibility and strong leadership.

Your other comments may have some merit but it's pretty hard to take you seriously when you write that.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:37 am

Compare and contrast what strong leadership and taking responsibility does by Andrews vs Morrison when faced with ministerial bungling / mistakes. Morrison has kept incompetents and liars in (Robodebt, Aged Care, Land purchases (30 mill for 3 mill worth) etc vs forcing 3 ministers out.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/daniel-andrews-and-scott-morrison-a-study-in-contrasts-20201125-p56hwj.html

Hard decisions made and Coronavirus stymied.

To boot he’s added a brilliant budget that the Feds ought to have emulated. My major criticism about the state budget is that it didn’t put enough into “the environment”

Andrews is a strong leader and decisive. Morrison has gone and pissed the Chinese off big time with his ill tempered and ill considered public blaming of China re the Coronavirus. A smarter leader wouldn’t have done Trump’s bidding (but that’s another story)

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:35 am

You cannot seriously believe that
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:42 pm

It’s remarkable that it’s considered good leadership to throw someone under the bus to save your own ass.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:35 pm

If you've got a bus, why are you riding a donkey?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:41 pm

Tannin wrote:
If you've got a bus, why are you riding a donkey?

Trump moves in mysterious ways. Then again he might be a jack.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:09 pm

The twice elected Premier of Victoria the right honourable Daniel Andrews who has shown strong leadership by ensuring those responsible for their ministerial and public service conduct were removed from positions continues to demonstrate strong leadership and the people of Victoria agree:

Victorian ALP (58.5%) streaks ahead of L-NP (41.5%). Premier Daniel Andrews approval jumps 12% to 71% Roy Morgan BTW is associated with the Liberal party (12/11/2020)

http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/8568-roy-morgan-survey-on-voting-intention-and-approvals-in-victoria-november-12-2020-202011111454

"Premier Daniel Andrews unveils Victoria’s new hotel quarantine program
Daniel Andrews has revealed a major hotel quarantine shake-up in Victoria with new rules and no private security guards used this time
"

Good to see continued strong leadership take on the new challenges that await with the arrivals from overseas in the near future as Victoria continues to open up. The friggin police finally doing what they should have done all those months ago.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/premier-daniel-andrews-unveils-victorias-new-hotel-quarantine-program/news-story/d9ef738dea7e191eb043f2ef2edc5da3

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:02 pm

Over 8 months later they do what should have been done the first time and yet the minister in charge is the same one responsible for not wanting to use police and not actually having any oversight of the first hotel quarantine program

But she still has her job and is getting a second crack at it, this should be fun! So much for Dan showing great leadership and forcing incompetent ministers to resign, he gives them back the same job they failed at!
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:06 pm

Been quite a crazy year, only just managed to get the SFL and SFLW season competed without much trouble. There were times I was thinking I’d be off work and there would be no footy at all down here since a few leagues pulled the plug. Hopefully more places can get out of the restrictions and have things getting better. I took my brother, his support worker, my sister and her support worker to Richmond. We had to go through the COVID-19 stuff before we could book the transport to Richmond and home.

Slowly getting him out and about into the community which is good due the virus it did take sone time before he got his wheelchair so he wasn’t able to start going places. We are slowly getting there which is good.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:49 pm

The 7-day moving averages of daily new cases and daily new deaths in the US are, as of right now, 206,074 new cases per day and 2,296 new deaths per day. Both are records - and the trend is upwards. There have been 15,369,046 reported cases and 290,443 reported deaths, in total, in the US. 11 States have recorded more than 1,000 deaths per million of population.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:26 pm

so only 312,830,934 more people to catch it - gees those figures are scary

and yet its a hoax!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:30 pm

The new mask rules are a bit confusing. Clearly I have to wear it in Bunnings or a supermarket or shopping centre, I'm not sure about small shops.

Went into a Salvos Op shop this morning, there was a handful of people in there, one of the staff called out to us all that we didn't have to wear a mask in the shop, just socially distant.

I said, "Thanks, It's just easier to remember to put it one when I go into a shop" and left it on.

No one was wearing them at the Tyre shop yesterday, Thomastown market on Sunday was a real mixed bag about 70% wearing them but no clear demographic in the 30% not, but at the Kingsbury market they still had signs up saying everyone wear a mask and everyone was.

Now that international arrivals are happening and we're doing Hotel Quarantine again, I really hope I'm wrong but I think another outbreak here is inevitable.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:41 pm

stui magpie wrote:
The new mask rules are a bit confusing. ......

Now that international arrivals are happening and we're doing Hotel Quarantine again, I really hope I'm wrong but I think another outbreak here is inevitable.

I agree. Just wear them in all shops.

I also agree we will have more outbreaks but we are much better prepared. At the same time we should be encouraging overseas students again selling Australia’s essentially zero cases.

Forgetting the politics for a moment it’s been a massive learning experience for all including medical, nursing and mental health supports. The systems we now have in place are much better than earlier although much was of the highest order earlier. Some of the medical and nursing staff attached to the hotels while keen have such little acute mental experience that their anxiety can get in the way of good process and outcomes ( same used to happen in the ED too)

We are expected to be triaging from the COVID hotels stuff we would not ordinarily accept to acute mental health: we are having a much lower threshold to accept referrals.

There’s also been some damn poor behaviour by hotel guests too earlier this year

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:16 pm

No doubt there was some dipshit behaviour by quarantine hotel guests in the past but that was 6 months ago and the least of the dipshit behaviour.

Unless the new guests have been under a rock, they should know this is serious and they should have known before they got on a plane to Australia they were going to spend 14 days in lockdown, treat them like an involuntary admit to psych ward HDU and show em what lockdown is really like.

It's a mistake not getting properly experienced doctors and nurses in there, if nothing else the infection control protocols need to be platinum standard and they need to be able to distinguish between someone with mental health concerns and someone just being an entitled prat.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:42 pm

stui magpie wrote:
No doubt there was some dipshit behaviour by quarantine hotel guests in the past but that was 6 months ago and the least of the dipshit behaviour.

Unless the new guests have been under a rock, they should know this is serious and they should have known before they got on a plane to Australia they were going to spend 14 days in lockdown, treat them like an involuntary admit to psych ward HDU and show em what lockdown is really like.

It's a mistake not getting properly experienced doctors and nurses in there, if nothing else the infection control protocols need to be platinum standard and they need to be able to distinguish between someone with mental health concerns and someone just being an entitled prat.

My bad: I meant inexperienced in terms of mental health: infection control will be spot on

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 3 of 200   

Jump to: