Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 3 - Al Pacino's turn to mumble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't beat the starter's gun, peoples. Wait for it, wait for it....
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:33 pm

In other news, Victoria finally has it's online booking system for vaccinations up and running.

https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/book-your-vaccine-appointment

So don't be a wuss, if you're eligible and don't have specific medical reasons to the contrary, go get a shot.

Just as a comparison, in the USA you can get the jab at a pharmacy.

https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/covid-vaccine.jsp?ban=covidfy21_vaccine_vaccinehere_brandstory_FY21

I fkn love Walgreens.

Note the shot is free, they're vaccinating anyone over age 12 and giving gift vouchers away

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:13 pm

walgreens, cosco, walmart, love em all!!

hey at least i got a lollipop and a sticker!

i booked mine and hubbies weeks ago, we dont do queues!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:28 pm

Press conference now: as of Thursday night, no more travel limit, masks will no longer be required outdoors, houses can have max. two visitors.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-16/covid-live-update-latest-news-melbourne-testing-sites-overwhelm/100218512

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:42 pm

^ Thanks, David. Here's a summary now posted in the ABC's blog:

Quote:
For Greater Melbourne, the new settings mean:

The 25-kilometre radius around peoples’ homes is removed, and people can travel freely throughout the state
Public gatherings will be allowed with up to 20 people, an increase on the current 10
Gatherings in the home will be permitted with up to two visitors to the home per day, plus dependents
Gyms, indoor entertainment venues and electronic gaming will be allowed to reopen
Hospitality venues will be able to host up to 25 people before applying the density quotient
The rule that if you can work from home, you should work from home remains, but workplaces can return to 50 per cent of capacity, or up to 20 people, whichever is greater
Outdoor community sport for juniors and adults can resume and there is no limit on travel around the state for sport
Masks will no longer be required outdoors, but remain recommended when there is no ability to keep a 1.5 metre distance
Everyone must continue to wear masks indoors

For regional Victoria, the new rules mean:

Public gatherings will be increased to 50 people
Restaurants and cafes can open to a maximum of 300 patrons per venue for seated service
Smaller venues can host up to 25 people before any density quotient applies, or they can use density of one person per 2 square metres, up to 150 patrons
Religious ceremonies will be capped at 300 for the venue
Funerals are limited to 100 people
Weddings limited to 50 people
Office caps increased to 75 per cent, or 30 people, whichever is greater
Visitors to the home will be limited to five adults per day, plus dependents
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:57 pm

Anyone had their first dose of Pfizer?

Had mine on Monday around 1pm, was fine until the evening, but then felt a bit weak/nauseous. Had no energy yesterday but today I am 100%.
I heard the second dose is worse
Just a heads up!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:02 pm

I should also mention this (also from the ABC blog), now I see it - for people who might be wanting to go to the snow:

Quote:
There will be additional testing required for Melburnians travelling to Victoria's snowfields.

"So, for example, for Melburnians travelling to the snow at this season, that means a requirement for everyone to get a COVID test within 72 hours of departing for Victoria's alpine resorts, and a negative result," Mr Merlino said.

Chief Health officer Brett Sutton said evidence from Europe showed snowfield resorts were higher risk areas for the spread of COVID-19.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:10 pm

watch everybody go to the snow now (even those who have never been in their lives). FOMO effect. sheep.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:46 pm

You have to love some of this stuff, I think they have a prize wheel or board game called "Expert Health Advice" that they use to come up with some of these things at random

Quote:

Public gatherings will be increased to 50 people
Restaurants and cafes can open to a maximum of 300 patrons per venue for seated service
Smaller venues can host up to 25 people before any density quotient applies, or they can use density of one person per 2 square metres, up to 150 patrons
Religious ceremonies will be capped at 300 for the venue
Funerals are limited to 100 people
Weddings limited to 50 people
Office caps increased to 75 per cent, or 30 people, whichever is greater
Visitors to the home will be limited to five adults per day, plus dependents

So a Wedding is capped at 50 people, but a funeral is 100, religious ceremonies 300 and restaurants and brothels 300.

Does a wedding count as a religious ceremony if you do it in a church?

Can you invite people to a funeral, stick a coffin out the front and just happen to get married while everyone is there?

You can only invite 47 people to your wedding but you and 299 of your closest mates can go to a brothel or strip club as long as you're wearing your masks.

All the restrictions in detail available here https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/statement-acting-premier-4

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:00 pm

What's the problem, Stui? - people don't need to have 300-person orgies at funerals and I am told that, typically, orgies at weddings are confined to the bride and groom and a few of their closest friends.

I think it is likely that funeral parlour business will be down and people who want large funerals will be having them arranged, instead, through massage parlours. It's going to be difficult to get a conviction, isn't it? The prosecution evidence "They said they were trying to conduct a perfectly proper orgy, if your Honour pleases - but when we stepped out the back, we found a casket with a dead person and a civil celebrant, fully-clothed....."
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:09 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
watch everybody go to the snow now (even those who have never been in their lives). FOMO effect. sheep.

Yes, probably. Then again, I was interested because I like to go and stand in my gumboots in the snow once a year (no interest in skiing or any of that stuff) and I have a weekend booked at Warburton this Friday. I don't expect Donna Buang is an "alpine resort" but I don't have any idea whether I can go there, at all.

There's probably lots of people like me who think it's a novel, fun thing to get freezing cold and have their car-radiator crack, all in the hope of seeing snow-covered ferns, a lyre-bird or a grey wombat on a white background.

I suppose I will have to take the Range Rover, though, because the Lambo is too wide for some of those roads. Also, I'm not sure about putting chains on those tyres.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:34 pm

Apparently you can 1,000 people outdoors but if there’s a game of footy on then the limit is zero…
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:12 pm

That’s a big brothel!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:20 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
What's the problem, Stui? - people don't need to have 300-person orgies at funerals and I am told that, typically, orgies at weddings are confined to the bride and groom and a few of their closest friends.

I think it is likely that funeral parlour business will be down and people who want large funerals will be having them arranged, instead, through massage parlours. It's going to be difficult to get a conviction, isn't it? The prosecution evidence "They said they were trying to conduct a perfectly proper orgy, if your Honour pleases - but when we stepped out the back, we found a casket with a dead person and a civil celebrant, fully-clothed....."

No problem from me, it's all clearly scientific, understandable and based on health advice. I do feel sorry for the worker at the rub and tug. Dressed as a civil celebrant or not, they're on a hiding to nothing trying to give a Disney Massage to someone who happens to be stiff because they are dead.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:19 pm

And the vaccine rollout gets even more confusing with the change of age eligibility for AZ.

People in 50+ age group have been encouraged to get AZ but now it is only recommended for 60+

I understand that health advice can change but there are many people like me that have had the 1st dose of AZ and due for 2nd in early August and fall into the 50-59 block.

Now everyone will be wanting the Pfizer further delaying getting the majority of the population vaccinated.

What a shemozzle.

Anyway I am happy to get the 2nd shot of AZ.
If there is something better after that then I will get a booster, same as getting the flu shot each year.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 141 of 200   

Jump to: