Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 3 - Al Pacino's turn to mumble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 139, 140, 141 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s never failed me before yesterday so probably a network issue with everybody out enjoying their limited freedom after two weeks and some ok weather as well.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:06 pm

Credit where it's due, just got a text, my covid test was negative. That's like 10 hours.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:50 am

In Victoria, 2 new local cases and 4 new cases acquired overseas (currently in HQ).
- 13,764 vaccine doses were administered
- 16,932 test results were received.

The Government states that "The two new locally-acquired cases are primary close contacts of existing cases, with no community exposure during their infectious period."
ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:46 pm

They have agreed to reopen Phuket and nearby islands as a "sandbox" and if you can get here and have had 2 jabs. But they are not going to reopen the bars, go gos, nightclubs. And restaurants can not sell grog. Since that silly announcement they have had 50 percent cancellations. You can drink in hotel bars but they are the expensive ones and charge 2 to 3 times what you can get it for in a normal bar.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:20 am

In Victoria, 0 new local cases and 3 new cases acquired overseas (currently in HQ).
- 9,997 vaccine doses were administered
- 15,067 test results were received.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:53 am

From the ABC blog:
Quote:
United States Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene has publicly apologised for remarks she made last month comparing COVID-19 mask requirements and vaccinations to the Nazi Holocaust that killed 6 million Jews.

She told a news conference that "there's nothing comparable" to the Holocaust and "I know the words I stated were hurtful and for that I am very sorry", after visiting the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.

"I have made a mistake and it's really bothered me for a couple weeks now," she said.

The news conference came amid calls from some Democrats to censure Greene (a Republican) for her Holocaust remarks, and her comments had also been denounced by Republican congressional leaders.

Reporting by Reuters

"I hate Illinois [and Georgia] Nazis". I'm glad her "mistake" has "really bothered" her "for a couple of weeks". I guess that's as close as she gets to doing proper soul-searching as to how she could have made such an appalling comparison. Plenty of legitimate ways to complain about mask-wearing without comparing it to the Holocaust.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:32 pm

I googled her, she's a certifiable dingbat. Shocked
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:40 pm

And we have 2 more Covid cases linked to the Southbank townhouse cluster. They'll be in tomorrows numbers.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:16 pm

Now we have an entire apartment building in lockdown.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-15/victoria-records-two-new-cases-of-covid-19-southbank-outbreak/100215184

This seems familiar. Sad

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:40 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
From the ABC blog:
Quote:
United States Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene has publicly apologised for remarks she made last month comparing COVID-19 mask requirements and vaccinations to the Nazi Holocaust that killed 6 million Jews.

She told a news conference that "there's nothing comparable" to the Holocaust and "I know the words I stated were hurtful and for that I am very sorry", after visiting the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.

"I have made a mistake and it's really bothered me for a couple weeks now," she said.

The news conference came amid calls from some Democrats to censure Greene (a Republican) for her Holocaust remarks, and her comments had also been denounced by Republican congressional leaders.

Reporting by Reuters

"I hate Illinois [and Georgia] Nazis". I'm glad her "mistake" has "really bothered" her "for a couple of weeks". I guess that's as close as she gets to doing proper soul-searching as to how she could have made such an appalling comparison. Plenty of legitimate ways to complain about mask-wearing without comparing it to the Holocaust.

And here's an example of why such things matter: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-15/atlanta-store-assistant-shot-dead-face-masks/100217594

Quote:
A grocery store cashier in the Atlanta area in the United States has been killed and three other people have been wounded in a shooting following an argument about face masks.

The customer was identified as Victor Lee Tucker Jr, 30, of Palmetto, Georgia, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

The agency said preliminary information indicates that Tucker got into an argument with the cashier and left the store without making his purchase, but he immediately returned inside.

"Tucker walked directly back to the cashier, pulled out a handgun and shot her," the Georgia Bureau of Investigation wrote in the news release.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:34 pm

That you need to have armed security guards in a convenience stores tells you that the gun mob in USA are complicit in murders. Dirty Harry said in Magnum Force "What next, killing your neighbour because his dog pissed on your lawn".
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:01 am

From the ABC's blog and posted there in the last couple of minutes:

Quote:
A further easing of Melbourne’s lockdown restrictions is expected to be announced today
It is expected to include the end of the 25-kilometre travel limit.

Senior state government ministers and health officials will meet this morning to finalise the details of the new arrangements.

It’s expected Melbourne will come in line with most of the restrictions currently in place in regional Victoria, but there’s still likely to be different density limits for hospitality.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:39 am

In Victoria, 5 new local cases and 3 new cases acquired overseas (currently in HQ). There are now said to be 55 active cases in all.
- 14,870 vaccine doses were administered
- 17,538 test results were received

2 of the five new cases were reported yesterday but not included in yesterday's count. The other 3 new "local" cases are said to have been "linked to current outbreaks".
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:35 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
From the ABC's blog and posted there in the last couple of minutes:

Quote:
A further easing of Melbourne’s lockdown restrictions is expected to be announced today
It is expected to include the end of the 25-kilometre travel limit.

Senior state government ministers and health officials will meet this morning to finalise the details of the new arrangements.

It’s expected Melbourne will come in line with most of the restrictions currently in place in regional Victoria, but there’s still likely to be different density limits for hospitality.

yipppeeeee seeya later!!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:45 am

hah,

I'll wait, I told my cousin she could use my place this weekend if she can escape, it's her mum's 90th.

I'll go up sometime next week.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 139, 140, 141 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 140 of 200   

Jump to: