Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 3 - Al Pacino's turn to mumble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Greensborough to do thwe Covid test. Stie opens at 9am, was there at 8:45. Mum got up 2 hours early to shower and dress so we could get there early.

Turned away at the gate, site already over subscribed there's more than an 8 hour wait queued up already and no room for any more.

To call this government incompetant is an insult to incompetant people.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:14 am

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Covid 19 is going to be with us for a long time.

Gladys is potentially showing us how the outbreaks can be managed if competant adults are in charge

I know which method I prefer.

I was wondering what happened to the sixth Marx Brother.

Export the Virus is the consequence of Gladys’s strategy. Terrific 👍

Who said it was exported? The muppets down here don't know where it came from, they just suspect NSW but can't prove anything yet.

They really hope it was from NSW because the consequences otherwise.................

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:50 am

“Incompetent”.
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:56 am

Anyone who didn't see this happening is plain stupid or selfish.

I was asked on the 21st of December if I could go and do some work in Wagga Wagga between Xmas and New Year and i said no thanks as the risk of not being able to get back or having to isolate again wasn't worth it. The bloke who asked me laughed and said but we are miles away from Sydney it will be fine. I am glad that I didn't take that chance as I would now most likely be in isolation. Some of us follow the rules so if I was told to isolate I would and so should everyone as they should have known the risks, you roll the dice suffer the consequences!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:59 am

Turned away at Hiedelberg testing site, sign up saying Testing temporarily suspended.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:10 am

KenH wrote:

I was asked on the 21st of December if I could go and do some work in Wagga Wagga between Xmas and New Year and i said no thanks as the risk of not being able to get back or having to isolate again wasn't worth it. The bloke who asked me laughed and said but we are miles away from Sydney it will be fine. I am glad that I didn't take that chance as I would now most likely be in isolation. Some of us follow the rules so if I was told to isolate I would and so should everyone as they should have known the risks, you roll the dice suffer the consequences!

I was in Tocumwal, on the Murray River. Never been a positive case in the town and if there was to be one it would be imported by a Victorian tourist. I have as much chance of having Smallpox as I do Covid 19.

Anyway, since the testing sites are full and I'm not allowed to go to a Hospital, I rang my GP clinic. They're going to try to squeeze me in to do a quick consult so they can give me and mum a referral to take to one of the selected Pathology places that can do tests.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:12 am

Cases here have been linked to NSW.

"Genome sequencing links Victorian outbreak to Sydney cluster
By Ashleigh McMillan

Genome sequencing has directly linked Victoria's coronavirus outbreak to the NSW northern beaches cluster, Victorian Health Minister Martin Foley has said.

All of Victoria’s 10 new locally-acquired cases have been connected to the current Black Rock cluster, meaning there are no new cases with an unknown origin.

Mr Foley said two of the 10 cases were announced by New South Wales on Friday, but those people are "now back in Melbourne, completely appropriately, and they are isolating here".

There were a total 12 new cases announced on Saturday morning. Two of the new cases are in international hotel quarantine, with one of those people an international aircrew worker.

There are now 29 active cases in Victoria."

https://www.theage.com.au/national/coronavirus-updates-live-race-to-link-mystery-covid-19-cases-as-states-close-borders-to-nsw-20210102-p56r9v.html

Last edited by Dark Beanie on Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:14 am

From the ABC blog:
Quote:
Victoria recorded 10 locally acquired coronavirus infections in the past 24 hours, the Department of Health and Human Services said on Saturday morning.

The new cases were detected from 18,337 test results.

Of the 10 local cases, two were announced yesterday — two Victorians who were tested in New South Wales. The cases are now being managed by Victoria.

All of the new locally acquired infections are linked to the Smile Buffalo Thai restaurant in Black Rock, Health Minister Martin Foley said.

Mr Foley said genomic sequencing tests had established Victoria's outbreak cases were "directly linked to the New South Wales cluster".

Thanks, Gladys.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:17 am

stui magpie wrote:
KenH wrote:

I was in Tocumwal, on the Murray River. Never been a positive case in the town and if there was to be one it would be imported by a Victorian tourist. I have as much chance of having Smallpox as I do Covid 19.

Anyway, since the testing sites are full and I'm not allowed to go to a Hospital, I rang my GP clinic. They're going to try to squeeze me in to do a quick consult so they can give me and mum a referral to take to one of the selected Pathology places that can do tests.

One reason to have a good local GP especially for your mum.

roar 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:23 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
From the ABC blog:
Quote:
Victoria recorded 10 locally acquired coronavirus infections in the past 24 hours, the Department of Health and Human Services said on Saturday morning.

Of the 10 local cases, two were announced yesterday — two Victorians who were tested in New South Wales. The cases are now being managed by Victoria.

All of the new locally acquired infections are linked to the Smile Buffalo Thai restaurant in Black Rock, Health Minister Martin Foley said.

Mr Foley said genomic sequencing tests had established Victoria's outbreak cases were "directly linked to the New South Wales cluster".

Thanks, Gladys.

I blame Dan for our woes. Gladys messed up in NSW but Dan was the dickhead who didn't act quick enough, and after everything we have been through, I find it beyond belief that he would be so slow to act.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:31 am

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Covid 19 is going to be with us for a long time.

Gladys is potentially showing us how the outbreaks can be managed if competant adults are in charge

I know which method I prefer.

I was wondering what happened to the sixth Marx Brother.

Export the Virus is the consequence of Gladys’s strategy. Terrific 👍

Who said it was exported? The muppets down here don't know where it came from, they just suspect NSW but can't prove anything yet.

They really hope it was from NSW because the consequences otherwise.................

Well NSW no better as they also have No Idea where it came from Shocked

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:32 am

roar wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
From the ABC blog:
Quote:

Thanks, Gladys.

I blame Dan for our woes. Gladys messed up in NSW but Dan was the dickhead who didn't act quick enough, and after everything we have been through, I find it beyond belief that he would be so slow to act.

Well then lets Close the Borders until we get a Vaccine to enough people in the Country which might be as late as 2022 sometime

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:27 am

^

Closing state borders should IMHO be a last resort. Every state should be equipped to manage the inevitable small outbreak without needing to shut everything down.

According to some on here, Victoria apparently now has the best contact tracing in Australia. Now's the chance to prove it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:08 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
From the ABC blog:
Quote:

Thanks, Gladys.

At least with this result we know the source. I agree Ken not worth the risk. Hopefully this is the test we need and we all sigh with relief in a couple of weeks

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:13 pm

Reading on here that everyone on here can do a Better Job then the DHHS and Goverments.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 14 of 200   

Jump to: