Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 3 - Al Pacino's turn to mumble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

So the latest version of the new and improved best in class hotel quarantine program starts again in Victoria today taking in international arrivals.

How long will it last this time before we have another lockdown and international arrivals are suspended again?

I'll be generous, I reckon they can hold it together for 4 weeks, we'll be back in lockdown by May 10.

Pick a date, nearest the pin gets the right to wear a smug smile during lockdown and a free portrait of Dan to fix to their bedroom ceiling or dartboard.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:42 am

Really depends. If you're talking a brief lockdown like what happened in Brisbane last week, then yeah, I reckon that's more likely than not within the next month or two. If, on the other hand, you're suggesting something more serious – and I'm guessing it would have to be to suspend international arrivals – then I reckon that's only an outside chance, and that there will be better processes in place this time around (including but not limited to the aforementioned snap lockdowns if anything does leak out).

But sure, I'll play! If we're saying serious lockdown of the second kind, I'm going for 2020 de ja vu: 1 July. And yes I want the Dan poster, wouldn't be at all terrifying to have him watch over me in my bed. Shocked

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:08 pm

I will only play if the prize is a video of him falling down the stairs.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:29 pm

Depends if Berejiklian exports the virus like she did earlier this year and they did post Ruby Princess.

Victoria now has hotels with the right air conditioning/air flow which might make us the only state in Australia with this and to prevent the highly contagious British strain from spreading ( I would ban Brazil arrivals) and the South Efrican strain is also a nasty variant.

Later I’ll try to paste in some info re Astra Zeneca.

Scotty has over promised and under delivered.

One of the biggest issues in fighting the pandemic is messaging from Government and he has failed this test so far.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:46 pm

That's right.
The virus is terrified of an appropriately worded resolution.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:40 pm

😂.

It’s the first aspect and the most important: get the messaging right. Unfortunately Scotty used Liberal Party logos when they were making announcements about getting the contract to develop the vaccine and promised the world but have failed to deliver. They also narrowed the basket of vaccines to put all their eggs in the Astra Zeneca Vaccine. They were so self congratulatory to make political a health issue.

They lied about the extent of the European Commission restrictions of importing the vaccine and have stuffed the timely efficient administration of the vaccine.

However, the messaging is front and centre and Scotty from Marketing stuffed up.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:44 pm

Yes, the logos at the announcements were cringeworthy.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:04 pm

stui magpie wrote:
So the latest version of the new and improved best in class hotel quarantine program starts again in Victoria today taking in international arrivals.

How long will it last this time before we have another lockdown and international arrivals are suspended again?

I'll be generous, I reckon they can hold it together for 4 weeks, we'll be back in lockdown by May 10.

Pick a date, nearest the pin gets the right to wear a smug smile during lockdown and a free portrait of Dan to fix to their bedroom ceiling or dartboard.

If that's the prize I'll go Christmas 2022 Wink

But in all seriousness, the only way to properly guess is to know when Danny will get up off the couch and back to work, until then we are pretty safe from unnecessary lockdowns.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:31 pm

Don't believe for a second that Dan isn't still pulling the strings, on leave or not.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:47 pm

Yeah but if he can't get up at a press conference and announce it, we seem to be safe.

Just look at the completely different reactions to 30 cases spreading in the community for over a week before detected when Dan was on leave and a handful of cases contained to hotel quarantine workers and their close contacts when Dan was in charge.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:11 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Guess I won't be going to the G on Saturday as all of Victoria be under a Massive Lockdown where you can't even leave your Front Door Rolling Eyes

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:19 pm

You'll be fine Dave, it takes Victoria's health department a week to even figure they've got a positive case and then shuffle through the papers to find their post it notes with all their close contacts before the Government is even informed and lockdowns considered!

You'd better hope it happens though before Collingwood has to travel to Perth, otherwise ANZAC Day will be being played interstate this year!!!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:23 pm

https://twitter.com/VicGovDH/status/1380071231337205771/photo/1

Wastewater fragment detection in the south east. It's either rampant in 23 local government areas or yet another false alarm. As I said the other day, I think they've got to stop listing 20 suburbs that need to watch out on the basis of a single detection of viral fragments in one test. It's a reasonably blunt instrument.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:55 am

Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Guess I won't be going to the G on Saturday as all of Victoria be under a Massive Lockdown where you can't even leave your Front Door Rolling Eyes

As long as Gladys doesn’t abrogate her responsibilities again & export the Sidanee virus we might be OK DTM. So far so good. We’ve had a clear month and a half in Victoria & we’re leading the way in Eastern Australia. We’ve just gotta make sure that Scotty from Marketing doesn’t continue to oversell and under deliver with the vaccinations.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:05 am

^

Absolute garbage. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 90 of 200   

Jump to: