Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Are there any SSP's of interest?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

See Carlton has both Jonathan Marsh & Oscar McDonald training with a veiw to SSP
We have two spaces I think

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:31 pm

Heard one that we're looking to sign (or have spoken to) Jordan Gallucci, recently delisted by the Crows. 22 years old, worrying injury history. I rated him as a junior.

Same source said we asked about L. Jetta, but we went cold after he didnt seem interested in relocation to Vic. Dogs also enquired.

I'm starting to agree with others, that we might be better off not looking at a recycled player. Noble is a good example of a player that was overlooked in the draft.

Either way, if we do sign a player under the SSP (or mid season draft, if there is one), I wouldnt expect that player to be around for more than 1 or 2 seasons. It's not like we'll find the player that catapults us into premiership contention. Just gotta find someone that shows promise or could fill a gap if called upon.

themonk 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:08 am

Presti35 wrote:
Heard one that we're looking to sign (or have spoken to) Jordan Gallucci, recently delisted by the Crows. 22 years old, worrying injury history. I rated him as a junior.

Same source said we asked about L. Jetta, but we went cold after he didnt seem interested in relocation to Vic. Dogs also enquired.

I'm starting to agree with others, that we might be better off not looking at a recycled player. Noble is a good example of a player that was overlooked in the draft.

Either way, if we do sign a player under the SSP (or mid season draft, if there is one), I wouldnt expect that player to be around for more than 1 or 2 seasons. It's not like we'll find the player that catapults us into premiership contention. Just gotta find someone that shows promise or could fill a gap if called upon.

Jordon is a 1st round pick and has shown he can play, it's all about his injury.

May be worth a rookie.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:04 pm

Mason Wood officially joined St Kilda. He was one we were linked to a few months back.

Oscar McDonald is still training with Carlton.

Majak Daw is now training with the Demons.

Lewis Jetta signed with Swan Districts. Brandon Matera signed with Subiaco. Both highly unlikely to return to the AFL, but Victorian clubs showed interest early on. Freo should look at Jetta I reckon and WCE should look at Matera. Oh well, maybe AFL level has passed them.

Matt Kennedy was promised a rookie spot but wasn't taken in the RD. He is still training with Carlton. Did he get his spot back and I missed it? Bit weird that one. They currently have 1 spot to fill. Is he there or not?

We were linked to Jordan Gallucci at one point, but theres nothing to indicate that this is a serious option. He is currently training with Richmond.

There was a theory that James Parsons could make a big bang and end up with Collingwood, but that too seems an unlikely scenario now. He has since signed on with Carlton's VFL squad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: