Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Are there any SSP's of interest?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:02 pm
Post subject: Re: Are there any DFA's of interest?Reply with quote

We might need Wills for midfield depth.

I see Jonathon Marsh was delisted by the Saints. His return didnt last long. You'd think that might be it for him now. Maybe Freo will talk to him?

I think Wood might be approached by the club. We've been linked to him a few times in the past and he is the type of player we've been looking for. Jetta, I think is a long shot, but I think he would come in and fill the role that Varcoe played, but with a better kick. Would he be in our best 22, or would he be the type to come over and play ten games in 2 years and thats it? I think he'd be worth a shot. Cam McCarthy is an interesting one. Would it be better to rookie list him? He does fill a need, but has the penny finally dropped that 1. AFL is hard and 2. You window for opportunity can be small. Time to work hard and not waste your tallant.

Would like to know others thoughts on Brandon Matera and James Parsons. Could either of those guys step in?

Kyle Dunkley has been linked to a few clubs, but maybe thats an attempt at the "Claye Beams approach".

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:16 pm

Presti35 wrote:
We might need Wills for midfield depth.

I see Jonathon Marsh was delisted by the Saints. His return didnt last long. You'd think that might be it for him now. Maybe Freo will talk to him?

I think Wood might be approached by the club. We've been linked to him a few times in the past and he is the type of player we've been looking for. Jetta, I think is a long shot, but I think he would come in and fill the role that Varcoe played, but with a better kick. Would he be in our best 22, or would he be the type to come over and play ten games in 2 years and thats it? I think he'd be worth a shot. Cam McCarthy is an interesting one. Would it be better to rookie list him? He does fill a need, but has the penny finally dropped that 1. AFL is hard and 2. You window for opportunity can be small. Time to work hard and not waste your tallant.

Would like to know others thoughts on Brandon Matera and James Parsons. Could either of those guys step in?

Kyle Dunkley has been linked to a few clubs, but maybe thats an attempt at the "Claye Beams approach".

You're not the father Wally Matera in disguise?

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
I guess the club needs to figure out what we are missing or what we need. The answer could be an RFA or an untried kid, or mature ager that missed out in the past.

Mihocek and Nobel are great examples.

And there’s a bloke by the name of Sam Collins who just won the Suns best and fairest.
I’d prefer to invest in a mature age player from the VFL, WAFL ( Pickett, Kelly ) or SANFL than a recycled “ failed “ player already tried in the AFL.
The biggest advantage for players who haven’t been exposed to the AFL, is the improvement in resources, facilities and support thats now afforded them at that level.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:13 pm

inxs88 wrote:
You're not the father Wally Matera in disguise?

No, and I'm not a Wally with water either.

So what about Parsons? He worth a go? #norelation #justasking

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:10 pm

James Parsons
189cms
82kgs
35 games at a top club
turns 24 next April

Is an excellent kick and has a good turn of pace- his grandfather played for the Pies in the 1970's.

I would take a punt on him- he is a clever player who is from very impressive family background.

Could be played half back- half forward-wing- or through the midfield

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:37 pm

warburton lad wrote:
James Parsons
189cms
82kgs
35 games at a top club
turns 24 next April

Is an excellent kick and has a good turn of pace- his grandfather played for the Pies in the 1970's.

I would take a punt on him- he is a clever player who is from very impressive family background.

Could be played half back- half forward-wing- or through the midfield

deleted

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:18 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
This thread reminds me of many years ago when the local council had a hard rubbish collection.
Large skips were deposited in the streets and rubbish was thrown out.
Shortly afterwards the scavengers came around sorting through it for something they thought was of value.
What they found was only there because it was broken, obsolete or was no good in the first place.

Thing is, sometimes you score a nice unwanted leather couch.
Sure, the leather has some flaws, weathered aged etc.
By the previous owner's perception, it had served it's purpose, and they got something better, at an auction, or a firesale, for arguments sake?

Then ask yourself, what sort of idiots give away premium leather couches at said auctions/firesales, and pay other people to take them away?

So I'm thinking we might be in the market for some replacement couches, even if they only last a season or two. We've got nothing else to sit on, until we can save up some money and buy something better down the track.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:16 am

https://www.afl.com.au/news/525015/mitch-cleary-s-delisted-22-who-gets-an-afl-lifeline-

Quote:
Mitch Cleary's delisted 22

B: Marty Gleeson (Ess), Oscar McDonald (Melb), Matt Scharenberg (Coll)
HB: Shane Savage (STK), Majak Daw (NM), Lewis Jetta (WC)
C: Jordan Gallucci (Adel), Matt Kennedy (Carl), Ed Phillips (STK)
HF: Riley Knight (Adel), Jonathon Marsh (STK), Mason Wood (NM)
F: Jacob Townsend (Ess), Sam Skinner (Bris), Matthew Parker (STK)
R: Jackson Trengove (WB), James Parsons (Geel), Dylan Clarke (Ess)
I: Kyle Dunkley (Melb), Jackson Thurlow (Syd), Heath Shaw (GWS), Jasper Pittard (NM)

Emerg: Matt Suckling (WB), Tim Broomhead (Coll), Billy Gowers (WB), Wylie Buzza (PA)

For mine; Jetta, Wood, Parsons and Gallucci would be of interest. With McCartin/McCarthy as possible rookie draftees.

Kennedy would be of some interest, but is expected to be re-rookied by Carlton.

From the rest, I'll be interested to see where they end up, namely Scharenberg and Shaw.

More than 45 players remain without a decision on their future ahead of the first list lodgment on Wednesday:

Quote:
Others without deals include: Ryan Lester, Mitch Hinge (Brisbane), Flynn Appleby, Rupert Wills (Collingwood), James Stewart (Essendon), Lachie Schultz, Brett Bewley, Bailey Banfield (Fremantle), Zach Guthrie, Ben Jarvis, Darcy Fort, Quinton Narkle, Brad Close, Lachie Henderson (Geelong), Daniel Lloyd, Sam Reid, Zach Sproule (GWS), Keegan Brooksby, Changkuoth Jiath, Harrison Jones, Dylan Moore (Hawthorn), Toby Bedford, Mitch Brown, Jay Lockhart, Kade Chandler, James Jordon (Melbourne), Ed Vickers-Willis, Will Walker (North Melbourne), Derek Eggmolesse-Smith, Ryan Garthwaite (Richmond), Ben Ronke, Zac Foot, Robbie Fox (Sydney), Jack Lonie (St Kilda), Oscar Clavarino, Hayden McLean, Brayden Ainsworth, Mark Hutchings, Brendon Ah Chee, Daniel Venables, Nathan Vardy (West Coast), Ben Cavarra, Will Hayes, Roarke Smith (Western Bulldogs).

Most of these will be resigned, but they'll be a few eyes on some of these players.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:18 am

Also, the delisted free agency window opens this Thursday.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:39 am

If we are serious about list cuts we will not re-sign Appleby and Wills.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:22 pm

I'd have a crack at Majak Daw in the rookie draft if he was available, cheap and we had a list spot free.

We'd need to be convinced he's in a good headspace, but I remember him as being strong, uber-athletic, quick and able to fill a key position at either end or in the ruck.

Would be a depth player at best, but would be far less vanilla as a back up and could at least cover the production we got from Cameron and Lynch last season.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:08 pm

Boogie Knights wrote:
I'd have a crack at Majak Daw in the rookie draft if he was available, cheap and we had a list spot free.

We'd need to be convinced he's in a good headspace, but I remember him as being strong, uber-athletic, quick and able to fill a key position at either end or in the ruck.

Would be a depth player at best, but would be far less vanilla as a back up and could at least cover the production we got from Cameron and Lynch last season.

Yeah nah. If we do that then we've officially lost the plot. daw is one of the slowest and dumbest footballer's going round and we need guys who are going to make us better, not make us regress. What you remember him as is not what he is now. The last game I saw him play was against gcs and he couldn't run to save himself.
Stevo75 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:03 pm

Anyone know anything about Hugh Dixon from Freo? Just read about him on the AFL site. 195cm forward from Tassie who has been de-listed after 3 years. Apparently is training hard to convince them of a rookie spot after being a rookie this year. At 21 and with a huge kick up his backside already he could be worth a look?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:56 am

Mr.Dale “Daisy” Thomas believe’s all is not right?

“It doesn’t smell right—I think Collingwood is up to something “

Is Daisy right. Do we have something up our sleeve apart from our arm

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:05 pm

Stevo75 wrote:
Anyone know anything about Hugh Dixon from Freo? Just read about him on the AFL site. 195cm forward from Tassie who has been de-listed after 3 years. Apparently is training hard to convince them of a rookie spot after being a rookie this year. At 21 and with a huge kick up his backside already he could be worth a look?

I dont know anything about him, except he is from the TSL, is 21, was pick 44 in 2017, is a 196cm key forward, has played one AFL game since being drafted and has had ankle and hamstring injuries restricting him to only 9 WAFL games in 2018 and 13 WAFL games in 2019.

He's got the age and size we need and is a key forward, but he hasn't got the runs on the board. The injury history is a concern and for a team that just got rid of Hogan, its worrying that he has been delisted already when they too will need key position players. But like I said, I dont know anything about him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: