Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Terribly disappointed today...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
Today we lost:

1. an overpaid, injury prone midfielder in Treloar who has mental issues and now family separation issues.
2. a fragile small forward who plays scared in Stephenson whose form has gone backwards in three years
3. one of our worst players in 2020 in Phillips who singlehandedly cost us the game against Brisbane.

So really...we're better off.

That one way to look at it I guess.

Another would be that, had we not been trying to shed $$$ and everyone knew it, we would have gotten adequately compensated, let’s say 3x first rounders and a second for Phillips.

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:02 pm

Haff wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Today we lost:

1. an overpaid, injury prone midfielder in Treloar who has mental issues and now family separation issues.
2. a fragile small forward who plays scared in Stephenson whose form has gone backwards in three years
3. one of our worst players in 2020 in Phillips who singlehandedly cost us the game against Brisbane.

1. If he’s over paid who’s fault is that?????
2. 2018 Rising Star - super talent - one bad year. Give up on him and persist with complete duds like Thomas and super scared Hoskin Elliott? Good clubs persist with super talent after one bad year.
3. 660 possessions in 2019 - look at the duds we have kept

Another would be that, had we not been trying to shed $$$ and everyone knew it, we would have gotten adequately compensated, let’s say 3x first rounders and a second for Phillips.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:02 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Today we lost:

Depends, Phillips i can kinda live with, he had dropped right off, tho pick 65 is an utter insult. Stevo is still young, sure hes had a rotten year, last year gambling issue, ten weeks, but i would have liked to seen him do one more season, post Hub, just to see. Yes Treloar does have big dodgy knees, hammies, but not sure how his separation will play out BUT in both cases we were royally screwed, we should have gotten much better picks fo both of em, we got dudded, really. Time will tell i guess, both are now under big pressure to perform at their new clubs..

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:03 pm

Lazza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Today we lost:

Good for you swimming in de Nile. Glad that you can turn today’s events into a positive. I just cannot find that particular attitude inside of me so you are a better man than me Gangadin 😪

You know what, you refuse to attribute blame to Buckley. You are so enamoured with Buckley, that you don't know who or what to blame right now. Hence your crisis. You want to blame someone, but don't know who.

You share what many are feeling. You love the coach so much that you don't want to accept that he is actually a failure or capable of failing. That's causing you to struggle to deal with this situation.

You will feel better once you accept our coach isn't all that great.
pieboy 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:05 pm

It's simple, if you don't get on with Buckley and his dictatorship you are out of the club. It's a throw back to a few years ago when he threw out premiership players who were still in their prime.

Buckley can't create a good culture at the club, where players will stay for less to keep the group together, so they have to throw heaps of money at players to keep them at the club.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:06 pm

Ah, inxs88 - that's the word I've been looking for - integrity!!!!
I've always thought for 52 years that's what Collingwood had, which was one of the main reasons I followed and stuck by them. Today the club sold that.
I shouldn't be surprised I suppose. It's the way the AFL is these days.
Lazza, look after yourself first and foremost. There has to be some balance between what you give out and what you get back. The club will be getting very little from me from now on. There are still some players in black and white that I feel have that integrity. That's who I 'll be supporting from now on..... just them.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:06 pm

Haff wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Today we lost:

Watch the Brisbane game and tell me Philips is worth a second rounder. He was best afield for Brisbane.

Treloar is worse than when we picked him up and more costly, so no way we get 2 x 1st round picks for him.

Stepho played scared in the back end of 2020 which dropped his value like a stone in a pool.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:10 pm

pieboy wrote:
It's simple, if you don't get on with Buckley and his dictatorship you are out of the club. It's a throw back to a few years ago when he threw out premiership players who were still in their prime.

Buckley can't create a good culture at the club, where players will stay for less to keep the group together, so they have to throw heaps of money at players to keep them at the club.

Nailed it.

I don't think the club can move forward in a positive direction as long as McGuire and Buckley are still around.

We need serious renewal and freshness now.

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:22 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Today we lost:

You missed the Coach.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:23 pm

I well recall when Darren Millane died, and Daicos senior retired, or rather forced to retire by Matthews, i was gutted, thought the club would never recover from it for years. But we did. I just hope, with these picks, the Club has some grand plan a the Draft, to recruit some great new talented kids, but right now, im not exactly sure what that grand plan is, really. ? Time will tell, i guess.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:43 pm

So we basically traded 3 players for pick 14, this club is absolutely beyond $%$ed now. Stevo and Treloar are both worth a top 10 pick and we got rid of them both plus steak knives for a pick that is lower than either are worth.

I look forward to Eddie justifying a contract extension for the senior coach when we finish bottom 4 next year.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:01 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Lazza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Today we lost:

Good for you swimming in de Nile. Glad that you can turn today’s events into a positive. I just cannot find that particular attitude inside of me so you are a better man than me Gangadin 😪

You know what, you refuse to attribute blame to Buckley. You are so enamoured with Buckley, that you don't know who or what to blame right now. Hence your crisis. You want to blame someone, but don't know who.

You share what many are feeling. You love the coach so much that you don't want to accept that he is actually a failure or capable of failing. That's causing you to struggle to deal with this situation.

You will feel better once you accept our coach isn't all that great.

And to be fair, you never have a good word to say about anyone, so this shapes as a fairly balanced conversation.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:04 pm

At least Swanny can still put a smile on your face after a shit day.

On Twitter putting up the Franco Cozzo Grand Sale.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:51 pm

Lazza wrote:
INXS 88, I hear you loud and clear but am helpless to say anything positive because I feel the same way. I love Collingwood and this type of disastrous machinations upset me so as a sufferer of chronic depression, I need to be very careful as to how I deal with it. I might totally switch off footy for a while and maybe not thinking about it too much might help. I don’t know 🤷‍♂️ I’m so bloody pissed off 😡

You're a great contributor to Nick's Lazza. Let's use Nick's as a forum to vent, exorcise and get over this tragic day.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:01 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Lazza wrote:
INXS 88, I hear you loud and clear but am helpless to say anything positive because I feel the same way. I love Collingwood and this type of disastrous machinations upset me so as a sufferer of chronic depression, I need to be very careful as to how I deal with it. I might totally switch off footy for a while and maybe not thinking about it too much might help. I don’t know 🤷‍♂️ I’m so bloody pissed off 😡

Stop overvaluing our players. The market has spoken. Players we think are Rolls Royce are really Mazda.

Rubbish: it was a buyers market. We told the world we were desperate to sell so we didn’t get market price. Your premise was wrong so too was ur conclusion: they saw us coming.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: