Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Queensland State Election 31/10/20

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:46 pm
Post subject: Queensland State Election 31/10/20Reply with quote

At 22:40 hours tonight 31/10/2020 the ABC with close to 45% of the vote counted where 47 seats is required to win government is showing ALP 46, LNP 34, Greens 2, One Notion 1, Katter 3, Others 1.

Antony Green saying LNP can’t form government.

One Nation has lost big time, Clive Palmer has lost big time, the opportunistic Greens may have picked up some Labour seats.

Too close to call to say if the ALP can govern in their own right: likely not definite.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

ALP would be stupid to exclude the greens in some way. The Greens make a lot of noise in certain areas. Give them a few token jobs and keep them on side.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:04 am

The One Nation vote has halved. Looks like the racist dog-whistling hasn’t worked this time. Hopefully that spells the beginning of the end for them at Federal level.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:04 am

ronrat wrote:
ALP would be stupid to exclude the greens in some way. The Greens make a lot of noise in certain areas. Give them a few token jobs and keep them on side.

The problem is that the ALP bite the hand that feeds (i.e. Greens preferences and implicit support in hung parliaments) because they know it will never hurt them. The Greens are always going to back them no matter what, so their leverage is minimal.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:35 am

Great to see One Nation decimated, Clive Palmer made irrelevant and the LNP losing again to the 3 time winner Anastasia P. Well done her.

Moreover, Scotty from Marketing was ignored by his frequent electioneering in Pre poll QLD. His interventions helped Anastasia P to win. Up yours Peter Dutton and Matt Cavanah

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:29 pm

I should say that it always warms my heart to see the Liberals lose a State election (and long may they keep doing so), so well done Annastacia and co.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:19 am

^ https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-03/qld-election-rise-and-fall-of-opposition-leader-deb-frecklington/12817888

The Libs have been in power just once in 30 years (Newman, for a bit under 3 years - 2012 to 2015) and since 1986 (last Bjelke-Petersen win). The only other conservative government in Queensland was the Borbidge led Nats from 1996 to 1998 - even that was by the skin of their teeth: Goss was elected in 1995 by just one seat and lost power when a by-election was held in Mundingburra (ordered after the ALP candidate had won by just 16 votes). That tied the ALP and the LNP on seats and the lone independent then sided with the Nats. So, since 1986, the conservatives have won just 1 Queensland general election.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:27 am

^ After Newman, I doubt they’ll be making that mistake again anytime soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: